Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Captain
# 21
11-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Why is it that if group A wants or likes something the first thing they try to do is take away something group B wants or likes?

Something is wrong with my species I thinks.
Career Officer
# 22
11-03-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm not looking to take anything away from anybody... If that is what you're reading, then I am mistating my goal.

Make the current Elite STF, Advanced STF (no other change)

Apply the same degree of difficulty that can be found in Onslaught, and Hive to the rest... and maybe give an accolade (no passives bonus), costume piece, title, or some such non useful non-game changing way.

I am not asking that anyone lose anything.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Empire Veteran
# 23
11-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Why is it that if group A wants or likes something the first thing they try to do is take away something group B wants or likes?

Something is wrong with my species I thinks.
I would rather say that when people rage in the official thread yelling after us to get the nerf they want on the content we enjoyed a lot!

That's just plain and simple selfishness, they already have all the other easy stfs to play but also want our challenge.
Commander
# 24
11-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
I am not talking about closing ANY content to anyone... what I object to is making things easier...
That's exactly the same thing, though. I know lots of people who refuse to PUG any elite other than, say, Infected Space because the chances of failure are just too damn high.

The idea that you object to making things easier but you don't want them to be closed off to others are, essentially, a contradiction in terms. To make something harder is to reduce the number of people who can successfully complete it. That is closing it off to others.

If all you want is to make it more of a challenge, why not a handicap? Certainly, one already exists to some extent with the 'difficulty slider' for regular missions.

Leave the current normal and elite as they are, but add a difficulty slider where people can increase the death penalty and/or apply a global modifier to their individual ship/powers, say -10% (10% longer cooldown on all powers, 10% less DPV from each weapon, 10% less hull, 10% less shields, etc.)

I mean originally I'd advise you to just do an elite run with T2 ships, but apparently that's not possible anymore.
Career Officer
# 25
11-03-2012, 06:41 PM
My stance is fairly simple. STFs should have an ascending level of difficulty. They don't.

It's silly that Infected Ground is the hardest ground STF.

First step is a retuning. Make KA ground harder. Make Infected ground easier. Leave Into the Hive where it is.

Second:

I think instead of (or in addition to) STF events where the rewards are increased, there should be calendar events where the STFs get easier. A tradeoff to this should be that the optionals can't be completed during the calendar event.

During the event, any STFs queued for randomly autofail all optionals and give players 25% bonus damage and damage resistance.

These act as your training opportunities, your chance to PuG in peace.
Captain
# 26
11-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I never did say who group A or group B was relating to as it was meant as a general statement. I'll elaborate..

This new STFs should remain difficult.
The old STFs should remain at their current difficulty.
All old and current rewards on tribble should be earn-able by completing the old STFs at their current difficulty level. Aside from a possible split of ground and space earnings only because that is how it currently is.

Beyond that I don't care and support any and all suggestions made provided they don't break one of the above.
Captain
# 27
11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Just did the normal in my tank Oddy eng - hull never dropped below 75% - pretty much slept through it - my eng capt had too be poked a few times to wake up.

Q'd for elite but was waiting forever.

Maybe on elite they could take my eng tank down.
Captain
# 28
11-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I wear my Elite armor now, and will treasure
It, took a long time a lot Of grind and dedicated
Help to finally acquire it.

The new season seven armor will be sorta like
A STD issue uniform compared to it I'n my opinion

The new elite season 7 mission sounds great too
Bad there won't be a elite reward for it like the
Maco armor I wear is. There should be.

The reward and difficulty should be matched but to
Rename the elite stfs may be too hard for the devs at
This point I'n development.

Perhaps some sort of visual reward to add to the new armor
Could be arranged for Ultra Elite content such as
This
Maybe a Feather ? Or antenna , I think a visual reward
Will make people replay missions more than anything

As good content will as well
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci
Career Officer
# 29
11-03-2012, 09:06 PM
This thread is ridiculous.

You realize why the current STFs are so easy is because everyone has done them, refined them and figured out every blind spot and weakness against them, right? KA can be soloed each side because people exploit the gate's blindspot, not because they are "easy"

The only reason this STF is difficult is because it hasn't be analyzed, disceted and refined to a pulp yet. There will be set ups that knock those 2 ships out in seconds and people will laugh at them, they have major blindspots and weaknesses. The queen will be torn apart soon enough as well, and its not like anyone has any problem with tactical cubes anymore.
Rihannsu
# 30
11-03-2012, 09:36 PM
I like the idea that some folks have floated here about setting up a third level of difficulty for the STFs. I also agree with the thoughts that some have raised that instead of just pumping up the strength of the enemies the 'ultra elite' STFs should move away from straight-DPS driven challenges and be set up to require tactical maneuvering and coordination.

Part of me also wants to say that the old long-format STFs should be brought back, toned down to have a difficulty level similar to the FEs and... well, formally added to the FE lineup in the Borg and Undine (for Terradome) episode lineups. Of course, this would need to be accompanied by a reduction in rewards (no Dil, reduced or no Ω marks), but let's face it - there is a percentage of the player base who will never play STFs, or if they do will not be able to meet the equipment needs or will get turned off by some of the unpleasant behavior that can show up in PUGs at times.

TL;DR version: I am all in favor of moves to make STFs more accessible and enjoyable to a wide variety of play styles - both more and less hardcore.