Ensign
# 11
11-04-2012, 01:43 AM
I personally run the way of patriotic history.
My ships are usually named after Royal navy warships. I'm also a somewhat pedantic person, I like to try to find a ship name from a similar "class" (obviously up for creative interpretation due to the clear differences between a space ship and an old diesel powered boat).
I just wish we had an option to change the registry prefix from USS to something else (not really canon i know but it would be cool) like HMS for example.
Republic Veteran
# 12
11-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshire6587 View Post
I personally run the way of patriotic history.
My ships are usually named after Royal navy warships. I'm also a somewhat pedantic person, I like to try to find a ship name from a similar "class" (obviously up for creative interpretation due to the clear differences between a space ship and an old diesel powered boat).
I just wish we had an option to change the registry prefix from USS to something else (not really canon i know but it would be cool) like HMS for example.
Tell me you've named at least one of your ships as "USS EE by GUM"

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Captain
# 13
11-04-2012, 02:49 AM
I like going through Trek and Military history and finding famous names, places, or events. As a science officer, I also go for Famous names in science.

Another way to go is to check out a thesaurus for some $5 words for honor, bravery, and other Military like words.
Captain
# 14
11-04-2012, 03:31 AM
USS Kaiser Food Poisoning.

Get it, like 'case of food poisoning'? Ha! Ah...

I'll see myself out.
Career Officer
# 15
11-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
USS Enterprissse, USS Enterprizeee, USS Voyaiger, USS Defyant, USS Enterpyze
Oh there'll be PLENTY of those.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY