Captain
# 1 New Trigger: Component Health
11-04-2012, 03:26 PM
An idea I had for a trigger: Component health.

The health options would be Below 100%, Below 75%, Below 50%, and Below 25%. This trigger, used in combination with some of the new toolset abilities coming in Season 7 (such as Despawn NPC), could have a lot of potential applications. In the future, it could also allow us to disable ships (switch them to Friendly and Non-combat) once they reach a certain amount of health.

What do you think?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 2
11-04-2012, 06:58 PM
I like the general idea idea. It also could allow for you to have reinforcements arrive as the enemy is weakened.

Unfortunately, it seems like it would be difficult to trigger it. Right now we only have NPC groups, not individual enemies, so you'd have to have some way of selecting the actual enemy that the trigger is based off of. And with space groups, you don't even have the same enemies spawn with more players (for example, with more than 3 players, an entirely different battleship spawns than with one or two players), which could end up breaking the trigger entirely.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 3
11-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I like the general idea idea. It also could allow for you to have reinforcements arrive as the enemy is weakened.

Unfortunately, it seems like it would be difficult to trigger it. Right now we only have NPC groups, not individual enemies, so you'd have to have some way of selecting the actual enemy that the trigger is based off of. And with space groups, you don't even have the same enemies spawn with more players (for example, with more than 3 players, an entirely different battleship spawns than with one or two players), which could end up breaking the trigger entirely.
I hadn't thought of that. Hmm...

Perhaps a separate toolset ability that would have to come first is the ability to set a single NPC rather than a group, regardless of the number of players.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Commander
# 4
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Simple solution to me (maybe NOT to the programmers ... lol):

Create a boss or two for each race. Make those bosses have a couple extra features like pacify possibility and follow/assist functions. The bosses could also be used as friendlies if so chosen. Would help make a lot more interesting story lines.