Cryptic Studios Team
# 21
11-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Copying my post here (wish I could merge threads)...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11&postcount=9

Quote:
I checked with the rest of the Systems Team on Friday regarding Sensor Scan, and none of us have modified the magnitude values associated with that ability's debuff. It appears as though other powers were affected, so we'll be spending some time tracking down what code has been altered to produce this effect.

For the time being, I believe it's safe to say that this was not an intended alteration.

Has anyone done thorough testing on the above powers to see if the change may be limited to display figures only, but behavior is unchanged?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 22
11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't use log parsers or similar so no idea on that score but a quick check shows that the debuff listed on the tray is the only difference, the SS debuff as applied to my low level (22) alt on both Tribble and Holodeck was identical; no damage accolades yet so base DR was 0, with Sensor Scan at 125 Aux it was reading -65 in the character status page on both shards, despite the different tray readings.
Concessimus etiam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri, et dedit pro nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum, quibus libertates subscriptas, habendas et tenendas eis et heredibus suis de nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum.

Last edited by mwgacy1; 11-04-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Commander
# 23
11-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I checked with the rest of the Systems Team on Friday regarding Sensor Scan, and none of us have modified the magnitude values associated with that ability's debuff. It appears as though other powers were affected, so we'll be spending some time tracking down what code has been altered to produce this effect.

For the time being, I believe it's safe to say that this was not an intended alteration.

Has anyone done thorough testing on the above powers to see if the change may be limited to display figures only, but behavior is unchanged?
I would do the testing but its a bit beyond me.

I'm glad to hear it is not an intended change. For your investigation it seems odd that it is every effect that lowers hull resistance. AP:B, AP, Sensor Scan and Fire On My Mark but it has also effected the debuff from Disruptor weapons. I don't know what could possibly link these things but I suspect if you find out you will have a good idea as to the problem.

Thanks for investigating.
Captain
# 24
11-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:

Got you covered.
Commander
# 25
11-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
When I Eject my Warp Plasma, I go to 125 power in all subsystems. (It's funny to watch the speed boost as you drop it!)

I will admit I actually really like how that works gameplay wise. For a cruiser to get that short but temporary huge power boost to engines right when starting a warp plasma run just feels nice and natural and has a good synergy with the skill. A bump to turn rate and speed on a skill that requires just that heck yea.

So I'd like to ask that once the power level bug gets fixed they think about adding a short turn and speed increase at eh start of dropping warp plasma. As that boost with an aux to dampeners just works.
Captain
# 26
11-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:

If anything with the Vesta coming and hoping for good sales - sci skills need to be buffed. They have been nerfed so bad in this game maybe if they got some love more people would roll a sci character - and a Vesta to go with it!
Captain
# 27
11-04-2012, 07:02 PM
The Armitage still going to own your vesta with 50% uptime of APO3 and pure antiproton dakka.

Unless the vestas get a hull buff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 28
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
The Armitage still going to own your vesta with 50% uptime of APO3 and pure antiproton dakka.

Unless the vestas get a hull buff.
That's too bad I was really hoping the Vesta would be a great seller for them for rest of the year into next - but if she goes BOOM everywhere - well word of mouth gets around.
Commander
# 29
11-04-2012, 11:15 PM
The armatage doesnt really have that much more hull and it cant throw out VM or batteried Gravity well. So fairly well matched against an extra few tac and fore weapon.

Between those two in a duel I would say the better pilot would win 19 out of 20 times.
Captain
# 30
11-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:

You must have an evil gnome there then. Noone nerfed this and I guess noone changed the magnitude of particle gens for Tractor beam Repulsors either (see pvp forum)?