Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 109
# 1 what really breaks immersion
11-15-2012, 04:12 PM
its been bugging me since they introduced it with the STFs its that bloody PvE queue system. it breaks immersion so much i have been on earth space dock not having to go anywhere at all because you dont need to i HATE it. i liked the days when you had to fly to system X to play the game but now your captain can sit on there backside anywhere and do what the hell they like its really annoying who else agrees and who else wants it changed back to the old ways of having to go to the system the mission is set in to play the mission
Ketan Merious
Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
We want an Odyssey variant give us it
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 109
# 2
11-15-2012, 04:13 PM
just noticed the title makes no sense should have been what really breaks rather than what I really its just me being mad at the moment
Ketan Merious
Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
We want an Odyssey variant give us it
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,502
# 3
11-15-2012, 05:53 PM
agreed,
but i think thats a Free 2 Play thing

looking at other Free 2 Play games, they all seem the get rid of travel times and replace everything with instant action.

well at least the ones that were produced as F2P.


and i would like to point out, if you don't fly there you won't be DOffing on the way = missed opportunity.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,679
# 4
11-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanith1989 View Post
its been bugging me since they introduced it with the STFs its that bloody PvE queue system. it breaks immersion so much i have been on earth space dock not having to go anywhere at all because you dont need to i HATE it. i liked the days when you had to fly to system X to play the game but now your captain can sit on there backside anywhere and do what the hell they like its really annoying who else agrees and who else wants it changed back to the old ways of having to go to the system the mission is set in to play the mission
If it breaks your immersion, don't do it; most of the stuff still lives in a system, you can choose to fly there if you want.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 109
# 5
11-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
If it breaks your immersion, don't do it; most of the stuff still lives in a system, you can choose to fly there if you want.
i know i do try to most of the time but i am also very lazy so i kinda hate having that more convenient option there
Ketan Merious
Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
We want an Odyssey variant give us it
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 97
# 6
11-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanith1989 View Post
i know i do try to most of the time but i am also very lazy so i kinda hate having that more convenient option there
Then by your own admission, the problem is not the game mechanic, but your own laziness. In which case, this is not actually STO discussion, but a personal problem.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,907
# 7
11-15-2012, 07:41 PM
There is no reason to have a cruiser

No reason to have large cargo bays

Warp speed works I'n reverse I'n this game
Smaller is faster I'n cannon larger was faster

Why have a large high warp ship with large
Cargo bays large crew

When you can teleport your tiny better armed
Warship in seconds to the other side of the galaxy ?

It's not trek it's STO
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 961
# 8
11-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
No reason to have large cargo bays
Seriously, you want ship cargo size to matter when players are walking around carrying everything in their pockets?

Quote:
Warp speed works I'n reverse I'n this game
Smaller is faster I'n cannon larger was faster
False, it wasn't the size of the ship, it was the size/type of the engine. And if you go into the ship interior, the warp core is the same size on every ship. QED, equal speed (unless you're using the MACO/Omega/Borg engines.

Quote:
Why have a large...large crew
Large crew repairs damage faster in combat.

Quote:
When you can teleport your tiny better armed
Warship in seconds to the other side of the galaxy ?
Transwarp, it's a thing, and that's the way it worked in Trek, too. Deal with it.

Quote:
It's not trek it's STO
Please. Just quit. You clearly wanted EVE, Evochron, or MMO Bridge Commander. STO is very trek, but your trek is different.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,231
# 9
11-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Warp speed works I'n reverse I'n this game
Smaller is faster I'n cannon larger was faster
Canonically false. The USS Voyager has a higher warp factor rating than a Galaxy-class starship. The Intrepid-class is something like a third or a quarter the size, so you're wrong, smaller actually is faster in canon. The Defiant-class was also rated at having warp factor 9.5, which puts it in comparable speed to the Enterprise. It's even smaller.

You're obviously not much of a fan if these facts elude you.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,907
# 10
11-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
Canonically false. The USS Voyager has a higher warp factor rating than a Galaxy-class starship. The Intrepid-class is something like a third or a quarter the size, so you're wrong, smaller actually is faster in canon. The Defiant-class was also rated at having warp factor 9.5, which puts it in comparable speed to the Enterprise. It's even smaller.

You're obviously not much of a fan if these facts elude you.
-----------------

The excelsior can go warp 12/14 I'n strict cannon approved
By gene r

The Gal X can go warp 13 I'n TNG Cannon

Deal with that !

Who's the trek Fan. Lol
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 AM.