Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
Bug Report:

Long story short, as far as i can see there's a timezone glitch in the Fleet Events Calander.

This only started at the release of Season 6, and was working fine before.

When entering a new Fleet Event, the time you enter is wrong to what appears afterwoods, and you cannot RSVP to an event either.

The following video shows the problem occurring:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVxKL-6FK4Q

My best guess is the input timezone converter is bugged. as if i change my computers timezone from GMT+10 (Australia) to GMT-6 (Pacific Standard Time) it accepts the new events without changing their times from what i input them as. but still cannot RSVP because of an error "Start time does not match"

Watch video, it will make more sense.

Fleet Leader of "Icarus Factor" - The official fleet of Pothole Studios.
STO Guides for your Android? Yes. Yes we do. STO Guides - Google Play.
Career Officer
# 2
09-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Bumping this with a little more insight for the dev team to fix this issue.

Say I want to post an event at 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. I select the starting time like always, select the date, and enter the event description and other variables for the event I want to run, double check my event and post it to the fleet events calendar.

So:

Event: KDF Sirius Marauder Rampage
Time: 9:00PM
Date: September 15 Saturday
Description: KDF side formation flight in Sirius Block, must be a marauder to enter Sirius block. Let's show off ships fit for true warriors!

Turns into:
Event: KDF Sirius Marauder Rampage
Time: 12:00AM
Date: September 15 Friday
Description: KDF side formation flight in Sirius Block, must be a marauder to enter Sirius block. Let's show off ships fit for true warriors!

The date and time will upon posting the event reset the time to midnight Pacific time, and roll the date back one day (or so I've noticed) with the correct numerical date, just not the day name.

To compensate I've asked my M.A.C.O.s who post events to roll back their starting time by three hours and go by the numerical date ignoring day names.

So something has changed with the event calendar rendering it broken, at least there is a work around.
Vice Admiral Triela - Proud member of Valhalla's Rising
██ ██ U.S.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
Lieutenant General - Scheherazade - Honorable warrior of Sto'Vo'kor's Rising
██ ██ I.K.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
Career Officer
# 3
09-24-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm so freaking tired of trying to get a response to this bug. I've asked about it since the launch of season 6 but still it has not been fixed. It really stinks!

Come on Cryptic! You fixed the bug with repeatable un-deletable events in the calendar, but seriously, put that back in if that fixes the current bug. The current bug makes the whole calendar pointless.

At least with the old bug we could still use it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-24-2012, 07:40 AM
We have the same problem too, it takes some serious guessing work to have the event in the correct time.
Career Officer
# 5
11-04-2012, 05:59 AM
This needs a bump as this bug is still around even now.
The Fleet event calander displays times as your own time zone. Next to the minimap it displays your time as your time zone.
But the Create Fleet event prompt makes you enter the time in PST, which it doesnt even say.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008