Captain
I predict that we'll eventually see a Cardassian reputation system. That likely means we'll get the chance for Mk XII Jem Hadar space and ground sets. It also might mean a new pure Cardassian space set.This could also translate to Deferi reputation with Breen themed rewards. Then if Ferenginar is ever added to the map, we'd get Ferengi reputation with the Ferengi set rewards. The same could be done for the Tholians, the Terran Empire, the Undine, the Gorn, and so forth. I think we're seeing the tip of the iceberg with Season 7.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Sounds dandy to me.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Jem'hadar Mk XII sets? Hell no! We've enough noobs joining ground & space stfs with the Mk XI ones, we don't need more of that.
Rihannsu
# 4
11-04-2012, 06:52 AM
This is kind of the idea. they will kepp adding more and more different reputation 'factions' to help out.

by the end it will give people a lot of ways to customise their characters.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 5
11-04-2012, 07:55 AM
And it's kinda easy to add more things to this system without spending an obscene amount of ressources on it. For example for the Defera/Breen reputation they can just use the dailies and the invasion zone and 1 or 2 new events for Defera Marks and they are done. This allows them to advance repeatable "endgame" content while they focus most of their development ressources on "one-time" content like Featured Episodes that a large part of the player base wants. This way they can make both camps happy. It's solid ground work for the future.

Too bad people don't give them that time and instantly cry the game will be dead tomorrow.
Survivor of Remus
# 6
11-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
And it's kinda easy to add more things to this system without spending an obscene amount of ressources on it. For example for the Defera/Breen reputation they can just use the dailies and the invasion zone and 1 or 2 new events for Defera Marks and they are done. This allows them to advance repeatable "endgame" content while they focus most of their development ressources on "one-time" content like Featured Episodes that a large part of the player base wants. This way they can make both camps happy. It's solid ground work for the future.

Too bad people don't give them that time and instantly cry the game will be dead tomorrow.
It's not the reputation system itself,it's the Dilithium you need to advance in the system that has people,rightfully,upset.
Career Officer
# 7
11-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
It's not the reputation system itself,it's the 'Ridiculous Quantities of' Dilithium you need to advance in the system that has people,rightfully,upset.
This, is what's really the problem...
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-04-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
11-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Though I agree in principle, I've found the dilithium values required, at least for progression in the reputation systems on Tribble thus far, have been very managable. Of course, if eventually we have eight or ten reputations going, a new player will have to pick and choose, cause they can't advance 20 reputation projects on a 8000 dilithium daily refining limit. (Though rep projects take 40 hours, so there would be a little wiggle room, but not enough to do everything right now without the dilithium exchange or help from alts.)

But I understand it stings people, when they feel they're forced to choose between their own 'selfish' personal progression, and that of the group. Especially with Spock breathing down our necks, muttering about the needs of the many.

I like the reputation system. I'd like them to put one in (Memory Alpha for Fed, D'nowh't for Klingons) for Foundry missions, and maybe some more faction centric ones, using accolade points, crafting, or other things. Then, when they start thinking about boosting the level cap, they could (I'd prefer) hybridize progression, and attach the advancement through levels 51 or 56 (there's two ways to do it) through 60 to a Starfleet Admiralty (or High Council) reputation system, that like a starbase requires a certain level of progress to have been made among the other reputations before you can start a promotion project.

Why? Cause I don't want to hit max level the first afternoon after season 8 or 9 goes live. And besides, promotions need to be worked toward, it may just work. (Just as long as there's something to do while we wait, and something to do once we get there.)
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 11-04-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Ensign
# 9
11-04-2012, 09:15 AM
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
I used to have an Orion slave girl, then PWE 'perfected' her, now all I have is this lousy signature
Career Officer
# 10
11-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
It's not the reputation system itself,it's the Dilithium you need to advance in the system that has people,rightfully,upset.
The dilithium cost isn't that great relative to time cost. Each rep costs maybe a few hundred thousand dilithium, including every piece of optional gear (and why you'd want every piece is beyond me). Around 100k for just the rep.

Odds are pretty good that you'll earn that over a couple of months and then you'll never have to pay for that rep again and move on.

The areas where I take issue are:

- Higher personal marginal cost relative to new STFers in set acquisition for veteran folks who are partway through a set. Even more for a costume since that will require an additional project after acquiring a set. (To be clear: No one loses anything. But odds are that someone who is 2/3rds of the way through Mk XII would fare better in costume acquisition if Cryptic delayed this patch a couple of months.)
- Raised costs for the DOff grinder. (They might as well remove it.)
- Reduced options for making 8k dilithium in a casual intensive play session. Which were already too low in my opinion.
- Embassy and reps competing for fleet resources when fleet progress is already a painful crawl.

Aside from a few minor bugs, everything else looks good to me. Just because you're not used to paying dilithium for something doesn't make it unfair to pay some dilithium for that thing.

We just need better choices for how we get our dilithium. And, I think, a reasonable path to 8k for a couple of hours play without being locked into the same dailies.