Captain
Whilst trying out the New Romulus adventure zone and having one of my BOffs tag along with me, I was immediately reminded of the "bring BOffs to social zones" topics I used to participate in, as I was clearly also able to see other player's BOffs.

My idea essentially has a selected number of NPCs in the main social hubs reskinned as random selections from our active BOff roster - the more BOffs one has, the more often you'd see one of them attending to their private matters throughout the social zone.

By using BOffs costumes and labels rather than actual BOffs, each player only sees their own BOffs, saving server load.

Thoughts?

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 2
11-03-2012, 06:34 PM
It sounds like a good idea, if it's possible. Not sure it is, though. I don't recall ever seeing anything in a map with other people, that looked differently to them.
Reave
Captain
# 3
11-03-2012, 09:42 PM
It's possible, and it would be nice to see my crew visiting Quarks, but I'm not entirely sure how it would work.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 4
11-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Fantastic idea

However poorly selected names for Boffs Thete
Ships or captians would be displayed.

Need a way to stop that before it starts

I love the idea however
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 5
11-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Fantastic idea

However poorly selected names for Boffs Thete
Ships or captians would be displayed.

Need a way to stop that before it starts

I love the idea however
From what I gather, the Boffs would only display client side much like how Tribbles and other physics objects are handled.

How that would work, I have no idea.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 6
11-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Why wouldn't it work similar to the way the bridges work now?
Captain
# 7
11-04-2012, 08:21 AM
the idea of bringing your boffs (pets) is to allow other people/friends see your crew.That suggestion is exactly against the idea of bringing your crew with you.
Captain
# 8
11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
the idea of bringing your boffs (pets) is to allow other people/friends see your crew.That suggestion is exactly against the idea of bringing your crew with you.
Whilst at one stage I wanted to see that to, imagine the doubling of the server load when one actually brings one of their BOffs for all to see into social hubs.

My suggestion may not be ideal, but at least improves the immersion factor marginally.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Commander
# 9
11-04-2012, 01:48 PM
A great idea, but I think the system would take the same ammount of time as beaming up to your ship and back down with another BOFF if I understand the way the game loads zones in the basic sense.
Captain
# 10
11-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Whilst at one stage I wanted to see that to, imagine the doubling of the server load when one actually brings one of their BOffs for all to see into social hubs.

My suggestion may not be ideal, but at least improves the immersion factor marginally.
Why not reinvest some of the profit the game makes is servers?

The idea of bringing your boff/s is to allow others see your crew.IF you remove that you can simply remove the entire system in which the player takes a boff with him.It would be more simple and it would have nothing "fake" about it.

Last edited by adrianm63; 11-04-2012 at 01:51 PM.