Empire Veteran
# 51
11-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
It's a bummer that they are not as effective against Borg as they should be, but they are more or less free gear anyway. And blue Mk XIIs are not THAT bad.
I don't mind if it's not that bad, it's not what we were promised/what was avertised. And I like getting what i buy, even if it's all about victual currencies.
Captain
# 52
11-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Outside of STFs and other content they have always been effectively blue quality weapons.

It's a bummer that they are not as effective against Borg as they should be, but they are more or less free gear anyway. And blue Mk XIIs are not THAT bad.
FREE gear ?
You got all those EDC's and salvage with WHITE gear ?

I had to craft my initial STF gear, buy my consoles and weapons to fight almost 250 STF's to get requisitions for that gear, a substantial investment in time, dilithium and energy credits.

They were certainly NOT free.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 53
11-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Strange, I see the 1000 extra damage all the time when I use those weapons.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Career Officer
# 54
11-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I wouldn't say useless.... It's still a purple rarity weapon...

Actually... what Bort said sounded like they're simply not selling weapons with [Borg] in the STF store and existing weapons will be unaffected.
Without the third modifier - which you know they won't fix - it is a blue weapon. I could have crafted those with much less aggravation. I certainly wouldn't have run hundreds of missions to get those weapons.

I'm not sure I'm going to grind to get replacements.
Captain
# 55
11-06-2012, 11:54 AM
From my limited understanding of this issue, the Anti-Borg Space weapons worked just fine, but only for specific Borg enemies. Standard Cubes, Spheres, and Probes would be inflicted with the Borg proc, but more unique Borg ships like Assimilated Bird of Preys would not be affected by it due to some programmer not putting in the proper code for the ship to be registered as a Borg ship.

Either way, a proc that does damage to all types of enemies is much better than a proc that deals damage to one type of enemy. Although, if we are able to keep our Anti-Borg space weapons and have that new kinetic damage proc, then we should be able to deal more damage against Borg.
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
11-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
FREE gear ?

I had to craft my initial STF gear, buy my consoles and weapons to fight almost 250 STF's to get requisitions for that gear, a substantial investment in time, dilithium and energy credits.

No... not white gear, but I didn't bother with buying stuff outside of maybe consoles for dilithium which I didn't buy exclusively for STFs anyway.

I did a few runs to get the Borg Retro gear and went from there...

Any other gear I used was from loot drops until I had my sets.

To be more precise, you don't NEED to invest much to get the STF gear, except a bit of effort.
Chances are you get salvage and maybe even tech drops to speed up the process and those I consider indeed free. They are the Bonus for doing the missions.
EDC is the regular reward.
Rihannsu
# 57
11-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
If a proc isn't working, your pruple Mk XII weapon becomes a poor Mk XII blue one. That makes a huge difference.
Actually.... no. Weapons get a damage bonus just for being a higher rarity. And the space [Borg] mod isn't totally worthless, it's just not as good as it is designed to be.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 58
11-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
No... not white gear, but I didn't bother with buying stuff outside of maybe consoles for dilithium which I didn't buy exclusively for STFs anyway.

I did a few runs to get the Borg Retro gear and went from there...

Any other gear I used was from loot drops until I had my sets.

To be more precise, you don't NEED to invest much to get the STF gear, except a bit of effort.
Chances are you get salvage and maybe even tech drops to speed up the process and those I consider indeed free. They are the Bonus for doing the missions.
EDC is the regular reward.
This is a good point. I keep seeing people whine about how the dil rewards for STFs were reduced. that tells me that a lot of people didn't do STFs for tech drops and did them for dil. So for them the techs were more of a side benefit to grinding missions for dil.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 59
11-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Given the excess techs and salvage represented a huge amount of diithium.

Seriously you want to grind a lot of dil fast, ESTF IS the fastest way for most people. As long as you avoid cure you can do 2 ESTF runs in the time it'll take you to get an exploration cluster done. iven EDC's, Tech, and salvage it was easy to average over 3K from just 2 runs. You could bassiclly double the rewards to time compared to anyting but the officer report clickies.
Career Officer
# 60
11-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
FREE gear ?

On my latest KDF toon, I just bought WHITE mark IX disruptor DHCs/turrets from the shipyard vendor. Ran elite STFs until I got enough salvage to replace them with the mark XII. I guess it's technically not 'free' since the DHCs did cost some EC, but when I was done with them, I put them on the exchange and got most of my initial EC back.

As an aside, I also bought white disruptor consoles off the exchange for cheap. Didn't want to invest a whole lot since I was going to switch to antiproton once I had enough salvage. Plus, I sold these too and got my initial investment back when I was done with them.

So yeah, they were basically free for me.