Rihannsu
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 70
# 61
11-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
On my latest KDF toon, I just bought WHITE mark IX disruptor DHCs/turrets from the shipyard vendor. Ran elite STFs until I got enough salvage to replace them with the mark XII. I guess it's technically not 'free' since the DHCs did cost some EC, but when I was done with them, I put them on the exchange and got most of my initial EC back.

As an aside, I also bought white disruptor consoles off the exchange for cheap. Didn't want to invest a whole lot since I was going to switch to antiproton once I had enough salvage. Plus, I sold these too and got my initial investment back when I was done with them.

So yeah, they were basically free for me.
If you don't consider your time to be a resource then they are free. The point is that the MK XII Borg Weaps take A LOT of STF running, getting lucky with prototype salvage drops and rolls when they randomly drop from Optionals etc. Calling them free is pretty pointless really, they would pretty much only be free if you got them just for hitting VA/LtGen or they were rewarded from some insignificant quest.

On a side note still no updates on that [Borg] modifier?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
# 62
11-09-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by symetreus69 View Post
If you don't consider your time to be a resource then they are free. The point is that the MK XII Borg Weaps take A LOT of STF running, getting lucky with prototype salvage drops and rolls when they randomly drop from Optionals etc. Calling them free is pretty pointless really, they would pretty much only be free if you got them just for hitting VA/LtGen or they were rewarded from some insignificant quest.

On a side note still no updates on that [Borg] modifier?
They were more than free as he was collecting Dil and items to sell on the exchange as well as salvage.

This new system? Total resource and time sink.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 781
# 63
11-09-2012, 09:07 AM
they are in d-store which you unlock they are gettinga face lift to fleet levels and we get new set

fleet gear is much better anyway
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,082
# 64
11-10-2012, 11:12 PM
So since these things didn't work as designed, will we be compensated for spending so much time and effort to get them? how will that work since they're being turned into a power rather than weapon Proc?
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
# 65
11-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
So.....these weapons were never working as intended, yet Cryp never informed players or attempted to fix?

I have to say that's not good enough. Cryp had people believing that the weaponry was worth the price being paid for them and the time invested in getting the items to buy them.

If the items were not as intended, shouldn't we be afforded opportunity to be reimbursed the cost of them ingame?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,742
# 66
11-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Devs

Could you make a trash compactor where we
Can turn I'n old STF gear for new gear of the same
Rank ?
Class 12 for new class 12

I don't think many would object if it was a 2 for 1
Trade I'n

Is this possible ?
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
# 67
11-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Devs

Could you make a trash compactor where we
Can turn I'n old STF gear for new gear of the same
Rank ?
Class 12 for new class 12

I don't think many would object if it was a 2 for 1
Trade I'n

Is this possible ?
Nice idea, but if we're getting a lousy deal on exchanging our EDCs and Salvage/Tech, what makes you think Cryptic has any desire at all to offer you anything for your old [Borg] weapons?

They want you to buy new ones. With Dilithium.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 394
# 68
11-12-2012, 04:26 AM
I would object if they set up a weapons exchange on a 2-for-1 basis. I'm not stripping all the guns off my ship to replace them with half the number it had before.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 318
# 69
11-12-2012, 04:35 AM
I had always hoped they would make them work against players with the borg set. Make a rapid fire torp boat funny vs zombie cruisers.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 70
# 70
11-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post
I had always hoped they would make them work against players with the borg set. Make a rapid fire torp boat funny vs zombie cruisers.
That would be hilarious and game-breaking. Funny I was thinking this today
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:37 PM.