Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
maybe I missed it? Or are they going to do the update to tribble that shows in on the Wed - 12hrs before Season 7 launches?

Giving us lots of time to find out?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 2
11-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Regarless of the conversion rate... I would (and have) trade in for Dilithium. mainly because of this comment in Dev Blog 8

Quote:
All types of these items will be immediately converted to Omega Marks and Borg Neural Processors when the owning character logs in for the first time after Season 7 releases.

Any items converted this way will go into a storage device which cannot be retrieved until the character reaches Tier 5 in the Task Force Omega Reputation System.
Edit: If your intention of allowing items you have to convert, as a way to get a leg up on the reputation system... that won't be happening, since you have to finish the reputation system before you get access to the converted resources.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....

Last edited by johnny111971; 11-04-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 97
# 3
11-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
Edit: If your intention of allowing items you have to convert, as a way to get a leg up on the reputation system... that won't be happening, since you have to finish the reputation system before you get access to the converted resources.
This is somewhat inaccurate. Hitting Tier 5 might be finishing the advancement portion of the Reputation, but you still have to get all the gear at that point. And based on some figures I've seen floating around, that sounds to be like the more expensive portion anyway.

Oh also: A fleetmate told me that devs were on New Rom on Friday saying that the conversion should be on Tribble next week. Not sure if they gave a better date than that. Only rumor though, as I didn't see it myself.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 4
11-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Oh also: A fleetmate told me that devs were on New Rom on Friday saying that the conversion should be on Tribble next week. Not sure if they gave a better date than that. Only rumor though, as I didn't see it myself.

I'm too concerned of being left out in the cold on this one at this point.

Unless they are debating the conversion scheme right down to the wire (i.e., its still undecided), the only reason to keep the conversion rates from us at this point would be to keep people from suddenly cashing in enmasse right now on holodeck.


For the time being, I've cashed in half of all of my stash (over 1100 EDCs, 150 proto salvage, 220 rare salvage, etc) and the other half will wait until I feel there is no longer adequate time to react.

Hopefully it will not come to this, hopefully S7 launch is not this Thursday post Tribble Test weekend as it was for S6.


Hopefully.

Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 97
# 5
11-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
For the time being, I've cashed in half of all of my stash (over 1100 EDCs, 150 proto salvage, 220 rare salvage, etc) and the other half will wait until I feel there is no longer adequate time to react.
I'm curious, did you happen to copy your character to Tribble before you cashed in? I'd love to see the difference in conversion between what you had before cashing in and after, when the conversion hits Tribble.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 6
11-04-2012, 01:54 PM
I am highly suspicious that the results will go live on tribble this Wed - then Season 7 will hit "unexpectedly" on thursday.

I can't see why they would wait almost 2 weeks after the test weekend to launch - it's just not their style of using Holodeck almost as the "real" test server all the time.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 778
# 7
11-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I think Borticus has said later this week

when ever it hits I am ready for it
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 8
11-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
I'm curious, did you happen to copy your character to Tribble before you cashed in? I'd love to see the difference in conversion between what you had before cashing in and after, when the conversion hits Tribble.
Unfortunately no, I've had quite a few issues getting charaters copied to tribble lately.

Sorry.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 AM.