Lieutenant
# 1 Atrox Tac build
08-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Hey guys have the atroc for my Sci/Eng but was wondering if there was any decent tactical builds out there, at the moment using the Armitage any input suggestions or if its even worth looking at for my Tac VA woudl be appreciated.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Try the search function. It's possible it works, it'd been done, now find it.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Lieutenant
# 3
08-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Um right DK thanks for the help and sarcasm......
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Relistically? There is no Tactical build for the Atrox. It has low damage weapons, and just the lieutenant Tac slot. It CAN deal damage (And quite a lot of it), but only through it's fighters, which means all of your special skills? Uselsss, cause it doesn't work on pets. Your better off in your Armitage, or better yet, a Fleet armitage, whenever your fleet gets there...
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerandomnes View Post
Relistically? There is no Tactical build for the Atrox. It has low damage weapons, and just the lieutenant Tac slot. It CAN deal damage (And quite a lot of it), but only through it's fighters, which means all of your special skills? Uselsss, cause it doesn't work on pets. Your better off in your Armitage, or better yet, a Fleet armitage, whenever your fleet gets there...
If I can make a KDF carrier out DPS most of the team, there definitely is a way to do it with the Atrox. However, it really depends on what you plan to do with it. PVP or PVE.

For PVE check out a torpedo boat design. 3x Q-torps up front and 3x Projectile Doffs means a Q-torp firing every 1.5 ish seconds, which is havok for any structure or unshielded cube in an STF.

Your fighters become the icing on the top, not the whole show.
Lieutenant
# 6
08-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Wa looking at PVe with it.
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Decent build : none.
Poor build : whatever you want.

Just don't take that do any stf, the Atrox is a science ship and there is a reason for this.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
08-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguetrooperz View Post
Um right DK thanks for the help and sarcasm......
Sweetie, that wasn't sarcasm. That was criticism on your lack of even attempting to help yourself, I put as much effort into helping you as you did into helping yourself.

Try a build or two in STO, try a search, say you came up with nothing and try an approach. All this does is cost you a few minutes.

People are usually more willing to help somebody who has made an attempt than somebody who has done nothing.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post

Just don't take that do any stf, the Atrox is a science ship and there is a reason for this.
I take a pure science ship to STFs all the time. There is no reason to say don't bring one.

If I had to suggest trying something... I'd say load it up on projectile Doffs (3 purples/blues), load 3 quantum or photon torpedos on the front and go for the structure busting approach. Load up your SCI abilities with either shield breaking skills or hold skills to keep probes at bay and you are laughing. Carrier pets become a bonus.

Seriously if you want to consider such a build, check out Cygone's Intrepid build. It could be adapted for use on a carrier, however you may have to work a little more to get those forward weapons/skills on target.
Career Officer
# 10
08-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post

Sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Carriers are incredibly strong support/control ships in PvE content - a single well played carrier can completely dominate entire situations on STFs through a combination of pets, heals and control.

And on STFs where enemies barely move at all, you can run DHCs on an Atrox with some effort (3x blue or purple CONN doffs for 20 or 15s evasive maneuvers is also a plus).

At the OP:

While the Atrox is a solid ship, I agree with most of the thread in that a Tac will really find a hard time putting their captain abilities to use on a ship like this.