Career Officer
The Tholian Red Alert provides Dilithium, along with Romulan Marks, as a reward. I propose please that you include Dilithium as a reward, along with the already there romulan marks, for the "Tau Dewa Sector Patrol Daily"

I like the fact that Patrol's have been included with the new sector, I think Patrols kind of got the shaft when F2P hit, once you removed the patrol missions away from the "Hail" mission window. Now you have to manually fly up to each planet, and do a Patrol, but you don't get any overall XP for doing "xxx amount of patrols" like you use to.

Now with Tau Dewa, you have re-introduced the Patrols as a Daily, you fly around and complete a percentage of patrols, to 100%, then the daily is complete, and you get Romulan Marks for this. Awesome. IMO, you need to add Dilithium to this as well. Since its a daily, its not like we can spam it for Dilithium, but it would be one more way to Earn Dilithium, which is very needed. The fact it would give Romulan Marks and Dilithium in one, could make them very popular and re-introduce the fun of Patrols.

I would also ask to extend this to the other sectors as well. Every sector already has Patrols in it, so why not introduce Patrol dailies, like you did in Tau Dewa, to each sector in the game! In fact, you could also add Dilithium to those.

I'm glad to see some focus on Patrols again, and I hope you make a bigger gesture in S7 and beyond to make Patrols known. Free to play players don't even know Patrols exist these days.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Captain
# 2
11-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Maybe not Tau Dewa Sector Patrol but maybe something in that Sector that gives diilthium. I know right now on Tribble I'm having a hard time scrapping together dilithium to actually do the Reputation Projects. (Mainly cause of bugs) but still makes me wonder how hard or long it may be to actually see fruits of your labours after unlocking stuff.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree with the OP, patrol missions have always been enjoyable and the TD ones exceed expectations. Kudos! Dilith as a mission reward would be ideal! It certainly fits in with the concept of dil being a time based reward. Please do this, it will go a long way to ease the pain caused by other dil issues.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulinu2 View Post
I agree with the OP, patrol missions have always been enjoyable and the TD ones exceed expectations. Kudos! Dilith as a mission reward would be ideal! It certainly fits in with the concept of dil being a time based reward. Please do this, it will go a long way to ease the pain caused by other dil issues.
there is no problem making dil its the refineing that needs to be up'ed just a little not beening greedy mind u 10k a day now that would ease the pain more.
Rihannsu
# 5
11-05-2012, 08:09 AM
I am totally for this idea.

We get at least 480 dilithium for a single daily mission in Orellius or Eta Eridani sector blocks, yet we get absolutely nothing aside from marks for doing 5-6 of similar missions in Tau Dewa sector. With the amount of currencies increasing, most of them obtainable from completely different sources, introducing a smal dilithium reward for this daily would be appreciated and would certainly encourage people to replay the mission more often.
Commander
# 6
11-05-2012, 08:42 AM
We should be able to get the dilithium cap by grinding romulan missions. There is no reason why missions that award romulan marks do not award dilithium too. It forces you to grind multiple things just to level your romulan rep.
Lieutenant
# 7
11-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
We should be able to get the dilithium cap by grinding romulan missions. There is no reason why missions that award romulan marks do not award dilithium too. It forces you to grind multiple things just to level your romulan rep.
Well I remember back when dil was introduced and they said its a "time based currency" aka everything you spent a significant amount of time doing was going to be rewarded... ah yes the promises.
Captain
# 8
11-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
Hand that man a cigar! You won the prize for figguring it out.