Survivor of Romulus
# 11
11-05-2012, 05:48 AM
The only thing I don't like about the conversion is taking all the salvage/edc/tech and locking it all away until T5. That seems extremely harsh to me, and frankly I think it's incredibly cheeky of the devs to do this.

Having people start at max rep I think is stupid, and even though I have multiple Mk XII sets already, I don't want to start at max rep. I'm looking forward to actually having something to do
Commander
# 12
11-05-2012, 06:13 AM
I agree that Auto-maxing is not a good solution. New rewards require fresh effort. Are we going to get chance to know the conversation rate before S7 goes live? As long as we have an answer to that we can at-least make an informed choice about cashing in.
Career Officer
# 13
11-05-2012, 08:18 AM
What I don't understand is that all the tier missions have a 2 day wait between them. So what if I have a bajillion edc if I am still made to wait those two days? It's like a double penalty to lock them away as we'll as time gate my advancement. For the record I am one of those players who has yet to see a single proto psg, even though I have seen at least 3 of all other proto tech drop, both space and ground, so I am miffed about my loot being held And getting time holds on advancement
Career Officer
# 14
11-05-2012, 08:27 AM
What they are trying to do is get every one the chance to get end game gear instead of trying to grind for many many months for those casual players. the reason for this (only speculation from talking with fellow elite stfers) is they are most likely going to release something that is better than the current stf rewards so the reputation system opens the door to so many opportunities and potability of new or upgraded gear. so yes there are those that will get the 39 pieces for the final part of the set but also as they said in a dev blog they have stated that all of the items that you have form stf's will be put in a box and converted so when you reach the 5th level of reputation you could get possibly a full mk XII set depending on what you had before season seven. so do what a lot of players are doing a start saving every thing that you have so that you could get every thing that you want when you get to the 5th level on the omega rep
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
They knew this was going to be bad, so they apologized in the Dev post. Push the issue, and they will apologize again here.
Better yet, wait until it is live and we will see the reaction when everybody finds out their stuff is sitting in a box waiting for "one day."

Good times had by all...
Career Officer
# 16
11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
figured this was the place to speak about the omega rep system in general.

I personally like the idea of the system but agree that there needs to be some credit for what players have accomplished already. I'd say look at their equipment sets but that is one issues that is attempting to be resolved by this system. Instead, look at their ribbons for running the missions (silver star, etc.). I agree with not auto maxing them out, but someone with the medal of honor doesn't need to be starting at the bottom either. They might get a t4 rating at the start, silver star gets t2, etc. They have indeed been grinding all this time to get gear, put them that much closer to their reward.

The other issue I have is that the system should only require resources obtained on the missions that award omega marks. If it takes dilithium and provisions, then the missions should be handing those out at a rate to completely satisfy the reputation projects. I should not have to go outside the missions to complete these reputation projects, as they are specific to the omega content, not the "farm for provisions" content. If you want to give me enough energy credits to buy the things, that's fine too. Just don't make the project requirements more than what I have been doing to get the gear, which is run STFs and other future omega mark generating content.

Good take on solving the issue, just tweak these to get credit to players where earned (both future and past) and it'll go over quite well I think.

Crandall out
Rihannsu
# 17
11-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I agree with the OP completely on this topic, I've run somewhere around 500 Elite STF's to only get two Pieces of the Mark XII sets (Maco Space Shield, Maco Ground Armour) Being able to at least start Halfway to T5 would be nice Because I really don't want to Grind for 3 More friggin months just to pay out the nose in DIL to finish my sets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Captain
# 18
11-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Please consider also that because you can't get much of the Mark XII gear until you reach Tier 5 on Omega Reputation anyway, having the materials locked into a box until you reach Tier 5 doesn't actually slow down the amount of time required to get the Mark XII stuff. It does however slow down the acquisition of Mark X/XII items.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Currently on Tribble, is says the conversion crate opens at Tier 3 now. So you will likely get a jump on 4 and 5 easy.

I will only get 4k dil for all the stuff I have, 3k omega marks, and 12 neural processors.

I could get a whole lot more dil if I turned everything in. I might do that.

Also, dil requirement has been removed from personal reputation systems. I don't think anyone will be complaining about that {:0)

I don't mind going for the gear from ground zero if I get a ton of dil instead. I just let the stuff pile up because I didn't need anything if I wasn't getting a whole set of something.

Sure, I've bashed my face against Infected Ground Elite plenty to get the PSG, but I might prefer the dil, at least until I have some idea what 3k marks and 12 neural processors mean.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20 I got screwed
11-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Well i got kinda bent over the table buy the conversion rate,so for 51 proto salvages,25 proto techs,300+ edc,i got 3500 omega marks,15 neural processors,and 8k ore for what i have.This is a character with all MKXll sets space and ground,i thought you where going to be generous with this conversion