Captain
As a mirror to the thread going on over in Klingon Shipyards.

Does anybody have any thoughts on which of the Federation carrier pets are worth spending dilithium on? I've been using Peregrines because combat logging showed that they did the most damage in missions, but if they follow the pattern of To'duj fighters then Advanced Peregrines take a big hit on damage because quantum torps fire slower. So what about the other pets?
Rihannsu
# 2
11-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Adv Runabouts are probably the nastiest things in the game.

Adv Delta Flyers also seem nice, they have Transphasics which can be nasty if launched en-mass.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Adv Runabouts are amazing on STFs like infected space their micro chronition and tractor beams are great for slowing down the nanite ships.

Adv Peregrine fighters are fun with the amount of DPS they kick out.

Career Officer
# 4
11-04-2012, 10:15 PM
I use the Advanced Danube Runabouts and the Advanced Delta Flyers, depending on the situation. I find them to be more effective at what they do than the Perigrines' DPS, personally.
Captain
# 5
11-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Normal Peregrines, Adv Deltas and Adv Danubes.

Used against normal mobs, shielded mobs, and players.

In fact, I really like the Danubes. They are spam that cannot be spammed to death, so they can take a lot of fire and stay on target through all that. I've even seen one survive an indirect hit from warp core explosion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Adv Danubes are the best pet Feds get and are probably the second or third best pet in the game. Adv peregrines are the second best Fed pet and have to be spammed to get the most effect out of their quantum torpedoes.
Career Officer
# 7
11-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I have to agree, nothing beats Adv. Danubes put them on a HEC and you have something that holds your target nicely in place while you pound the heck out of it. I also use the Adv. Peregrine are also very nasty with the Quantum Torps they fire. I use to like Adv. Stalkers, they don't get targeted and strip shields, but compared to the DPS/Tractor spam of any other pet they are rather useless. Can't wait for Elite Hangar pets to be unlocked.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?