Captain
When is this done and for who ?

Because I saw a developer say you need all 3 pieces AND you have to unlock the costume project before you can edit your outfit.

But is that for your boff's or does it include yourself too ?
I saw a guy in omega with some red on it just last night on tribble (doubt he was t5), so if you have the 3 pieces can you still edit it at tier 0 ?

This has me royally concerned because I'd hate to see everyone looking exactly the same in teh new season :/
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-07-2012, 09:26 AM
The direct gear visual of MACO/Omega/KHG is now the default special costume look and you can turn this on/off directl on you character/boff paperdoll. YOu get this option as soon as you get the armor piece.

The customizable tailor option won't change. You unlock it with complete XI/XII sets and need to set the appearance as a uniform in a costume slot. this option is not available for boffs.
Career Officer
# 3
11-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
The direct gear visual of MACO/Omega/KHG is now the default special costume look and you can turn this on/off directl on you character/boff paperdoll. YOu get this option as soon as you get the armor piece.

The customizable tailor option won't change. You unlock it with complete XI/XII sets and need to set the appearance as a uniform in a costume slot. this option is not available for boffs.
Yep - no customization options of any kind for the Boffs - it's either on or off.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 4
11-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Well if you go into t5 it clearly states "Costume unlock projects".

You recon those don't do anything ?

I don't have the quote but a developer said you have to get all 3 pieces then do the costume unlock to edit it.

But I don't know, is why I am asking
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-07-2012, 01:38 PM
That refers to different version of the costume pieces.

Right now there is the Mk XI base look which you unlock by getting a complete XI set.

Then you have a base XII look.

Then you have a modified XII look which, atm, you unlock by completing all ground optionals on Elite in addition to getting the full Mk XII set.

I think the T5 unlock you are referring to, is the former accolade unlock (which will make the optionals a bit more pointless)
Captain
# 6
11-07-2012, 02:32 PM
No, the ground optionals are still required to unlock what is called type 3 in the new system - they are still there.

Type 2,3 and 3 are listed under the "costume unlock projects". The old being 2, 3 being optional and 4 being adapted.

Based on that the costume is locked even with 3 pieces - locked as in you can't edit it, only wear the standard version
Career Officer
# 7
11-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Previously getting a complete Mk XI set (X for Omega) would get you a 'basic' costume unlock - this would show up at the tailor in the drop-down as 'Omega Force' (or KHG etc.)

Getting the complete Mk XII set would unlock extra pieces including the helmets.

Getting Mk XII and completing all the optionals on Normal and Elite would unlock further parts (Harvester Armor for Omega, Hos for KHG).

It looks like these have all become 'types' in the new system and hence each will require a costume project to unlock.

However, as someone with all the Mk XII ground sets and costume options I can tell you that on Tribble, the Boffs can't be customized in the tailor. The only costume options available for them are the defaults toggled on and off from the armor (and only the armor) itself.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
11-08-2012, 03:13 AM
I have the MK XII ground set and can it still edit at the tailor. Unfortunately if I try to wear it (either with the right click on the character window or at the tailor) it doesn't show it.
So the only way right now to show the visuals is via the armor.

I really wonder why I can edit it but not wear it as an uniform any longer. Seems like you're right with the "unlock" project -,-
Captain
# 9
11-08-2012, 11:38 AM
The infamous quote I mentioned's thread pop up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Here's the scoop on STF Set Gear Costumes, with Season 7:

* The Current/Holodeck version of these Accolades, if already earned, should remain on your character with the associated Costume Unlock intact. Players that have already earned these will not have to jump through any hoops to keep them.
* If you have -not- already earned the Current Accolade, it will be replaced with a New Accolade that does not include the Costume Unlock (for a reason I will explain in a sec), but still grants you the associated Title it did before.
* If you have partial credit toward the Current Accolade, that will carry over to the New Accolade automagically.

The reason for this change: Costume Unlocks are being moved to the Omega Reputation, as projects that must be ran to unlock the customizable version of each set's visuals.

These Costume Unlock Projects will only become accessible after you have earned the New Versions of the set Accolades. Players that earned the Current/Old Accolades should not see these Projects in their lists at all, and should retain access to the costume unlocks they have already earned.

In other words, while the old process was:

1) Collect Set 2) Earn Accolade 3) Unlock Costume

The new process adds one step, via the Reputation System:

1) Collect Set 2) Earn Accolade 3) Run Reputation Unlock Project 4) Unlock Costume

The cost of the unlock projects is small, so don't panic.

Hope that helps shine a light on the subject.

So in short, new people will have to do an unlock project, AFTER they unlocked the unlock of the unlock, to buy permission to edit the outfit.

Boff's ? Go figure, probably not customizable

You know, they should create a system where you had to unlock the reputation system, first step would be unlocking permission to put resources into the system

http://www.albatros-travel.dk/destin...hka-dukker.jpg