Captain
It seems like about half the time I use Photonic Fleet, the ships immediately despawn without doing anything. About 25% of the time they will shoot at a single target for a bit and then despawn even when there's still an entire fleet within combat range. And then the last 25% of the time they actually engage in active combat.

So is this a bug? If so, when can we expect a fix?

Or am I doing something wrong with it? Or is my expectation, that the ships should stick around until they 'die' or all enemies are defeated, simply incorrect?

Captain
# 2
11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm fairly sure that the photonic ships will disappear if YOU personally are not under fire, e.g. if you see kang in Cure Space is under fire, use photon-fleet, they will appear maybe fire a shot, then vanish.

At least.. i think thats what is up?

Its a DEFENSIVE rather than offensive power ^^
Republic Veteran
# 3
11-05-2012, 10:02 AM
there are several conditions for this power. 1. you have to be in combat yourself, ie under red alert status to use the power and not have them disappear right away, and you also have to be actively engaging a target for the fleet to start attacking your target.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Yea i have seen this as well some sphere snd probes they will attack and some the wont i dont know what it is but it has to be a bug, i have turned in tickets on this before, but it still happens, thats like the platforms will attack some things and others they wont.
Captain
# 5
11-05-2012, 05:34 PM
The issue is if there are no NPCs to aggro the Photonic Fleet. It doesn't matter if you are in Combat. For instance, firing at Borg Probes in Khitomer Accord Space and activate Photonic Fleet. They ships will do nothing and then wink out, because the Borg Probes won't attack anything.
Lieutenant
# 6
11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I have this issue to,

Its SUPER annoying, I have even been In combat, and under fire and sometimes my ships will just appear and then disappear. makes me wonder why its even there.
Republic Veteran
# 7
11-05-2012, 07:04 PM
its not a bug. photonic fleet, and support fleet are designed to draw aggro from you... meaning attacking things that would attack you. they dont attack targets that cant fight back, like the probes or gransformers/gens.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
11-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
its not a bug. photonic fleet, and support fleet are designed to draw aggro from you... meaning attacking things that would attack you. they dont attack targets that cant fight back, like the probes or gransformers/gens.
it is too a bug they do it even when you are being attacked and are attacking i have seen it myself several times, we know what there desgined for that the point alot of the time there not doing it, as i said before sometimes they attack some times they dont, and i am not talking about just probes i seen them do it on spheres as well,
Career Officer
# 9
11-05-2012, 09:37 PM
As stated, if they aren't under attack they will wink out.

And they are also incredibly fragile.
Lieutenant
# 10
11-06-2012, 12:06 AM
in order for photonic fleet to auto attack you have to be within 4km of the enemy.