Captain
# 1 STF [borg] weapons broken
11-05-2012, 12:20 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=435211

Wheres the rage ?

The weapons proc [borg] isn't doing what is supposed to, the weapons are being removed from the STF store come S7, and being redesigned to work against the borg- at additional price and more grinding.

So... those mk12 purple weapons are actually mk12 blues, and nothing from the devs about fixing them or replacing them for players who already own them. You want working anti-borg weapons, you have to buy them (again) from the rep system store.

So nobody but me is bothered by this ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Commander
# 2
11-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post

Wheres the rage ?

The weapons proc [borg] isn't doing what is supposed to, the weapons are being removed from the STF store come S7, and being redesigned to work against the borg- at additional price and more grinding.

So... those mk12 purple weapons are actually mk12 blues, and nothing from the devs about fixing them or replacing them for players who already own them. You want working anti-borg weapons, you have to buy them (again) from the rep system store.

Uh, I think you misread what's happening there, because that's not how I took it.

I read it this way:
1. The [Borg] proc doesn't work, and has never worked.
2. Weapons with the [Borg] proc are being removed from the STF store. They will not be replaced.
3. All currently existing [Borg] weapons will continue to exist (unclear whether the proc will be removed, fixed, or ignored).
4. Instead, once you hit T4 Omega reputation, one of the potential abilities is a new proc that behaves like the Borg proc- and applies to any weapon on your ship.

You won't have to buy new weapons; all your old weapons will work exactly like they've always worked. Nothing is being taken away from you, other than the potential to buy new copies of the [Borg] weapons.
Captain
# 3
11-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
I took it as meaning, by redesign the borg proc would be replaced as a kinetic proc that wont be available until the ability is earned,

...so it won't actually be: "all your old weapons will work exactly like they've always worked".
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Commander
# 4
11-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
I took it as meaning, by redesign the borg proc would be replaced as a kinetic proc that wont be available until the ability is earned,

...so it won't actually be: "all your old weapons will work exactly like they've always worked".
..except the original proc didn't work.

So yes, the "proc that didn't work" is going to be 'replaced' by another proc at T4 Omega Rep.

But you aren't losing anything since it didn't work in the first place.
Captain
# 5
11-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:

Wheres the rage ?

If your asking if it is is kind of annoying that they knew that the proc didn't work (for how long.. who knows), but said nothing about it, letting people WASTE thier proto salvages on blue gear dressed as purple gear?

Yeah, a bit.

Would be nice for a replacement gear or something, but meh, i'll likely keep the mxii defective borg weapons on my ships that have them.

This certainly feels like a 'we shall fix the decloak when contacted by mission message.. lolnvm working as intended' move again though, bleh.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
11-05-2012, 01:14 PM
the procs worked......its just an extra 1000 rad damage...instant, not DoT....so how did it NOT work??? im always hitting that extra 1k damage against borg across all the stfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Your torpedoes are.. but the proc doesn't work on energy weapons.. I think?
Captain
# 8
11-05-2012, 01:30 PM
IF the [borg] proc doesn't work against the borg how is the new proc expected to be any more reliable ?

Are the borg being tweeked to ensure the new proc works as intended, and will that completely kill the old one that kinda/sometimes worked ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Commander
# 9
11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Just the way it's framed seems to be that the new proc is totally different from the old one.
Career Officer
# 10
11-05-2012, 02:05 PM
The problem with the old borg proc is that it only affects borg. When bad devs copy/paste BoPs, raptors or other ships, or just plain set up some ships incorrectly the borg flag didn't get added so the borg proc only worked sometimes. It did work, you can see it fire off in combat logs and parsers catch it.