Captain
These are the patch notes I would love to see on Tribble Monday to improve upon season 7 and it's reception.

General
  • Increased 'Explore Strange New World' reward to 1960k Dilithium
  • Increased 'Officer of the Watch' daily to reward 50 marks, plus 10 per starbase tier
  • Added a small Dilithium reward to all season 6 pve queue fleet missions
  • Added a small 50 to 250 Dilithium reward to the new Tau Dewa patrols and former patrols in other sector blocks
    • These rewards have a 20 hr cool-down timer
  • Changed 'Investigate Officer Reports' to only require a single mission to be played
  • Reward for 'Investigate Officer Report' has been reduced to 980 dilithium and 40 Fleet Marks
  • Added Fleet Marks as an optional reward for many PvP missions
    • You may select either Dilithium or the Marks as the reward

Reputation System
  • We decided to remove the 'unlock store' projects. Instead items will appear in the store when you reach the appropriate tier
  • Most projects now only require Marks and a single commodity
  • Omega Faction
    • Added Space Weapons up to Ultra Rare Mk 12 with [borg] modifier. Modifier only works against original borg and not assimilated ships the text has been updated to reflect this.
    • Added Omega Corvettes as a tier 5 reward project. These ships are similar in strength to fleet ships and will cost 4 Advanced Ship Modules. The Fed and KDF versions share a similar design with a few differences. A blog with details will be released soon with details.
  • Romulan Faction
    • Added Space Weapons up to Ultra Rare Mk 12. These are Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid weapons similar to the ones from the mission Past Imperfect
    • Added Warbird Refit as a tier 5 reward project. These ships are similar in strength to fleet ships and will cost 4 Advanced Ship Modules. The Fed and KDF versions share a similar design with a few differences. A blog with details will be released soon with details.
  • The additions to the reputation system are to provide an alternative method of obtaining gear that is on par with fleet gear but more limited in options and choices.

STFs
  • Completing the optional will now reward a loot bag for each player
  • This bag may contain Mk 12 items, marks, or other items

Fleet Actions
  • Increased the reward granted at the end to be similar to the former loot received at the completion of an Elite STF.
  • 1st and 2nd place will receive a bonus box.

Fleet Star Base
  • Reduced doff costs across the board by nearly 50%
  • Removed fleet doff boxes, a new doff store will be added similar to the Ferra store soon(tm)
  • White doffs with no traits useable only for starbase projects are now available for fleet credits on your starbase, or for Dilithium at the academy
  • Added a new Special Assignment 'Fleet Training Exercise'
    • This assignment requires 600 fleet marks, 10 white doffs (any), and 500 Self Sealing Stem Bolts
    • The assignment rewards 1,000 XP to all three categories and has a duration of 6 days.
  • Starbase Doff Contacts now have new assignments that reward fleet marks and other items useful for starbase construction

Embassy Holding
  • Removed all fleet mark costs
  • Increased Embassy Provision costs
  • Embassy Provisions are now purchasable for fleet marks or fleet credits

Doffs
  • Reduced the Reassign Under performing Personnel cost as follows
    • White to Green: Free
    • Green to Blue: 500 Dilithium
    • Blue to Purple: 2,000 Dilithium
  • Improved doff dismissal Dilithium reward
    • White: 25
    • Green: 50
    • Blue: 100
    • Purple: 200
  • Added a cost to the Exchange Officers as follows
    • Purple to Blue: 100 Dilithium
    • Blue to Green: 50 Dilithium
    • Green to White: 25 Dilithium

Renamed Fleet Ship Module to Advanced Ship Module, this is only a text change

I just cant help myself but those notes would fix so many problems current and future. In addition it just might win some good favor for Cryptic.

Last edited by bareel; 11-10-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
11-10-2012, 03:56 PM
When does this star trek game come out?

I would so play this game!
Rihannsu
# 3
11-10-2012, 04:43 PM
General: great ideas! I hope they do at least some of this stuff. Your suggestion about patrols reminds me of one of the things I feel was a failing of the Dil conversion. They only gave specific missions dil rewards.

Reputation: not gonna happen. I'd love to be able to fly a Borg Sphere, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

STFs: nice ideas.

Fleet Actions: good, but, how is placing defined?

Fleet Starbase:
1: nah..
2: bad idea...
3: worse.... seriously, why have doffs that are nothing but SB fodder?
4: good, except the payout... none of the extant special projects give a payout enywhere near that.
5: I kinda like this. Another useful change would be to make the contacts accessible from the regular mission screen.

Embassy; nah....

Doffs: The change to the uncompactor is cool.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
11-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
General: great ideas! I hope they do at least some of this stuff. Your suggestion about patrols reminds me of one of the things I feel was a failing of the Dil conversion. They only gave specific missions dil rewards.

Reputation: not gonna happen. I'd love to be able to fly a Borg Sphere, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

STFs: nice ideas.

Fleet Actions: good, but, how is placing defined?

Fleet Starbase:
1: nah..
2: bad idea...
3: worse.... seriously, why have doffs that are nothing but SB fodder?
4: good, except the payout... none of the extant special projects give a payout enywhere near that.
5: I kinda like this. Another useful change would be to make the contacts accessible from the regular mission screen.

Embassy; nah....

Doffs: The change to the uncompactor is cool.
The doff changes with starbases are nessessary in the long run. Eventually players will reach T4 and begin to gain purple doffs faster than cryptic wants us too. At that point something bad will happen (nerf) and people will be upset. This would resolve that before it becomes a problem.

For #4 it is a simply philosophy. The ones we currently have are designed to assist large fleets gain fleet credits to fix the imbalance of fleet credit generation between the large and small fleet. Therefore one should also exist to fix the imbalance of starbase progression between the small and large fleet hence why I would add it. Using just it would take over 200 weeks or 4 years to finish off a starbase so it is not game-breaking in the slightest.

As for the ships, well I guess I might as well just give the example poorly written fake blog post for clarity. And it is not intended to be a borg sphere.

The Omega Corvette
Short History: When the alliance was formed to combat the borg threat it was not just an alliance of arms, but also ideas. Using the information gained in battle, along with the technology of the alliance a new craft was designed to combat this menace. The base ship was designed primarily by a combination of Starfleet and KDF engineers working with the Omega group. Once the basic design was finalized the Defari and Cardassians went to work constructing them in secret with abandoned dominion shipyards. Sadly though there was still enough mistrust between the KDF and Starfleet that the final components were not to be shared and the ships had to finish being fitted by their respective shipyard.

Starfleet Omega Corvette
Hull Strength: 36,000
Shield Modifier: 1.1
Crew: 25
Weapons: 4 Fore, 2 Aft
Device Slots: 2
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Commander Tactical, 1 Ensign Science, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering
Base Turn Rate: 15 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.2
Can Equip Cannons
Consoles: 4 Engineering, 3 Science, 5 Tactical
Subsystem Power: +15 Weapons, +5 Engine

This is just a concept not really intended to be taken too seriously but just to show what I was thinking with the ships.
Captain
# 5
11-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Here is my suggestion

Leave season 7 on tribble for 3 months for
Bug removal and serious playtesting

It could save the loss of thousands of players
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Rihannsu
# 6
11-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
These are the patch notes I would love to see on Tribble Monday to improve upon season 7 and it's reception.

General
  • Increased 'Explore Strange New World' reward to 1960k Dilithium
  • Increased 'Officer of the Watch' daily to reward 50 marks, plus 10 per starbase tier
  • Added a small Dilithium reward to all season 6 pve queue fleet missions
  • Added a small 50 to 250 Dilithium reward to the new Tau Dewa patrols and former patrols in other sector blocks
    • These rewards have a 20 hr cool-down timer
  • Changed 'Investigate Officer Reports' to only require a single mission to be played
  • Reward for 'Investigate Officer Report' has been reduced to 980 dilithium and 40 Fleet Marks
  • Added Fleet Marks as an optional reward for many PvP missions
    • You may select either Dilithium or the Marks as the reward

Reputation System
  • We decided to remove the 'unlock store' projects. Instead items will appear in the store when you reach the appropriate tier
  • Most projects now only require Marks and a single commodity
  • Omega Faction
    • Added Space Weapons up to Ultra Rare Mk 12 with [borg] modifier. Modifier only works against original borg and not assimilated ships the text has been updated to reflect this.
    • Added Omega Corvettes as a tier 5 reward project. These ships are similar in strength to fleet ships and will cost 4 Advanced Ship Modules. The Fed and KDF versions share a similar design with a few differences. A blog with details will be released soon with details.
  • Romulan Faction
    • Added Space Weapons up to Ultra Rare Mk 12. These are Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid weapons similar to the ones from the mission Past Imperfect
    • Added Warbird Refit as a tier 5 reward project. These ships are similar in strength to fleet ships and will cost 4 Advanced Ship Modules. The Fed and KDF versions share a similar design with a few differences. A blog with details will be released soon with details.
  • The additions to the reputation system are to provide an alternative method of obtaining gear that is on par with fleet gear but more limited in options and choices.

STFs
  • Completing the optional will now reward a loot bag for each player
  • This bag may contain Mk 12 items, marks, or other items

Fleet Actions
  • Increased the reward granted at the end to be similar to the former loot received at the completion of an Elite STF.
  • 1st and 2nd place will receive a bonus box.

Fleet Star Base
  • Reduced doff costs across the board by nearly 50%
  • Removed fleet doff boxes, a new doff store will be added similar to the Ferra store soon(tm)
  • White doffs with no traits useable only for starbase projects are now available for fleet credits on your starbase, or for Dilithium at the academy
  • Added a new Special Assignment 'Fleet Training Exercise'
    • This assignment requires 600 fleet marks, 10 white doffs (any), and 500 Self Sealing Stem Bolts
    • The assignment rewards 1,000 XP to all three categories and has a duration of 6 days.
  • Starbase Doff Contacts now have new assignments that reward fleet marks and other items useful for starbase construction

Embassy Holding
  • Removed all fleet mark costs
  • Increased Embassy Provision costs
  • Embassy Provisions are now purchasable for fleet marks or fleet credits

Doffs
  • Reduced the Reassign Under performing Personnel cost as follows
    • White to Green: Free
    • Green to Blue: 500 Dilithium
    • Blue to Purple: 2,000 Dilithium
  • Improved doff dismissal Dilithium reward
    • White: 25
    • Green: 50
    • Blue: 100
    • Purple: 200
  • Added a cost to the Exchange Officers as follows
    • Purple to Blue: 100 Dilithium
    • Blue to Green: 50 Dilithium
    • Green to White: 25 Dilithium

Renamed Fleet Ship Module to Advanced Ship Module, this is only a text change

I just cant help myself but those notes would fix so many problems current and future. In addition it just might win some good favor for Cryptic.
Not a single thing I dislike here, if they really did this Season 7 would be one of the best releases ever instead of one of the worst.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force