Ensign
Hi, I bought 2 rare System Engineers to increase my chances of being successfull in assignment 8/10 in a chain.

I can use one of them but the other doesn't show up even though they are both in engineering which is what is required.

Any idea why?

thanks in advance for any help
Corbormite
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Did you buy a doff of the correct faction?
Ham I Am. Jacksonville Jaguars Fan. Born and raised in Jacksonville. Join Date Feb 2012
Ensign
# 3
11-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxjaguars View Post
Did you buy a doff of the correct faction?
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes I bought 2 federation dofs.

I know that you have to have the dof in the right department, operations, engineering, etc. so I checked carefully what was required before buying them. I must be missing something though. I checked here

http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_A...rasan_Database

but it's really just the same info as in the game.

I thought maybe they need to be bound but as neither are that isn't likely. The same offcicer is un/available each time.

Perhaps it's a race thing. One is Bajoran and the other Orion. The Bajoran I can use and the mission is in that quadrant. Think I'll see if I can get another Bajoran.

Cheers
CorborMite
Career Officer
# 4
11-06-2012, 09:28 AM
You did not, in fact, buy two Federation doffs. The only Orion doffs available on the Fed side are bind-on-pickup rewards for Diplomacy and instigate defection assignments.
Ensign
# 5
11-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
You did not, in fact, buy two Federation doffs. The only Orion doffs available on the Fed side are bind-on-pickup rewards for Diplomacy and instigate defection assignments.
Possible I guess, and you sound certain so I have no reason to doubt you. If That's the case then somehow I bought a different doff to what I thought. The only doutt I have is that I checked the personel closely and the traits match those I thought I was buying Still, I could be mistaken.

Even so, if I made a mistake it still doesn't change the fact I have 2 rare Systems Engineers in enginnering and I can only use 1. I can use the uncommon doffs though.

If I could pick your brain please futurepastnow?

Do you know if Orion doffs can be used for all assignments? It's that one I can't use.

cheers
Corbormite
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-06-2012, 11:40 AM
You cannot use a Klingon faction DOff on the Federation faction DOff missions. It's difficult to tell sometimes, but the picture behind the DOff's portrait will have a blue round Fed or reddish KDF background. As stated earlier, you could not have purchased a Federation Orion DOff, so the one you have is KDF.

So, unfortunately the answer is no - you will never be able to use that DOff on the Federation side. You can mail it to a KDF character if you have one, or put it back up for sale on the exchange.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Ensign
# 7
11-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
You cannot use a Klingon faction DOff on the Federation faction DOff missions. It's difficult to tell sometimes, but the picture behind the DOff's portrait will have a blue round Fed or reddish KDF background. As stated earlier, you could not have purchased a Federation Orion DOff, so the one you have is KDF.

So, unfortunately the answer is no - you will never be able to use that DOff on the Federation side. You can mail it to a KDF character if you have one, or put it back up for sale on the exchange.

Thanks blackjackwidow, yes you're right, it's kdf I think. Theres a bird of prey icon for the department. I'll look closer next time

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and you were right jaxjaguars, sorry mate, I didn't realise.
Rihannsu
# 8
11-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbormite View Post
Thanks blackjackwidow, yes you're right, it's kdf I think. Theres a bird of prey icon for the department. I'll look closer next time

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and you were right jaxjaguars, sorry mate, I didn't realise.
It's ok, we get that question at least once a week.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
11-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbormite View Post

np - as Mark said, it's a very common problem.

I have a hard time telling from the portraits myself, so to make sure, I right-click and choose 'info'. The info actually spells it out for you, and at least for me, makes the portrait background more visible as well.

Happy DOffing!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Rihannsu
# 10
11-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah do what he^ said if you are unsure. But for reference:

Fed: http://www.stowiki.org/images/e/ed/Parell_Fed.png
KDF: http://www.stowiki.org/images/5/51/Parell_stats.png

same doff different faction counterparts^ The dossier pics are very different!

If you look closely, you can see that it actually uses a different font for KDF and Fed.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 11-07-2012 at 05:03 PM.