Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hello Captains,

You may have noticed that Neverwinter has recently upgraded to a newer version of vBulletin (our forum software) -- STO will be making the upgrade in the future. We know that your forum persona is important to you, so we want to make sure you know everything that you should do before the change, as well as what some of the new features are:

• You will need to re-upload your signature and avatar. VB4 uses a separate database, so you'll need to add these back in once the upgrade is complete.
  • You will want to save your private messages as they may be lost in the upgrade.
  • You will want to bookmark any threads you are subscribed to as subscriptions may be lost in the upgrade.
  • You will be able to report posts for breaking the community rules. This system worked well in the past, and with VB4, this feature will return.
  • Threads that contain Dev Posts will be marked.
  • Other improvements to the forum system, including some that are listed as outstanding in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=276161

These are pretty much it for the big changes. The other good news is what won't change. No posts should show as "Archived User" -- you should still be able to edit all your old posts. This is an upgrade, and functionality will remain intact, just make sure you get your signature, avatar and PMs are saved.

We don't yet have a timeline for when this will go live for STO but I will let you all know when we've locked in a date. We are still a ways out, and other games will upgrade first. I'll keep you all updated as we learn more.

In the meantime, feel free to check out the Neverwinter forums and let us know what you think of the changes -- your feedback can be left in this thread so we can make sure to consider it for STO's and other games' forum upgrade.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

P.S. I will sticky this thread once it's gains some traction -- some users end up missing stickied threads.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-06-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Does this mean we get our "old" forum names back?
Captain
# 3
11-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temp3rus View Post
it dosen't say that anywhere, does it? Thoose forum names are gone for most, except for a few, like myself, who were lucky enough that no one had taken their names yet.

No, it merely means they are upgrading the forums to a newer version, and giving us features back, that should have been in during the conversions.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Does that mean the Dev Tracker Forum returns?
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Whoa, grand news. Good step in the right direction.
Rihannsu
# 6
11-06-2012, 11:59 AM
You menction PMs, but what about thread subscriptions? Will they be saved, or will we have to book mark everything?
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-06-2012, 12:03 PM
as long as theres no archive post nonsense
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 8
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
May be a dumb question, but how do I 'save' my private messages?. Or do you mean save them somewhere else?
# 9
11-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temp3rus View Post
Not at this time, but we're working on a way to let you post as your character@handle -- it's a ways off, though, and there is no ETA I can provide. Know that it is a goal of ours, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
May be a dumb question, but how do I 'save' my private messages?. Or do you mean save them somewhere else?
Copy and paste them into a text file if you'd like -- this does not affect in-game messages; just those on the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Does that mean the Dev Tracker Forum returns?
It's been around the whole time Here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
You menction PMs, but what about thread subscriptions? Will they be saved, or will we have to book mark everything?
Yes, bookmark any subscribed threads as you *may* have to re-sub. I'll add that to the OP.

----

Keep the questions coming and I'll answer what I can, or seek out more information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
11-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Brilliant news Brandon! Keep up the good work
Closed Thread