Lieutenant
# 41
11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I like that view on it... The only thing though is the House of Martok would more than likely be fine with killing off the Tal Shiar. The reunification though would be more useful to any house in the empire though politically and militarily.

Although one of my predictions was that the Hur'q and the Iconians are most likely one and the same. Unless there just happened to be more than one super powerful race of beings from that time suddenly re-emerging.

It would be cool though an end to the Fed war with the Klingons with Worf slaying Jm'pok or the player assisting in this and then worf taking his rightful place this time.
C'mon, this is Cryptic! Of COURSE there's gonna be two ancient super races appearing at the same time
Captain
# 42
11-07-2012, 02:57 AM
So ... first the KDF/Feds help the Deferi -- hanging out together in Deferi space , but not clashing there , despite being "at war" .
Then they repeat the same thing w/the Remans .
Then the KDF/Feds form the happy go lucky Omega Force .
And now , the KDF/Feds help the Romulans -- again hanging out together in Romulan space , but not clashing there , despite being "at war" .

This is "the attack of the bad fanfic" .
Why ?
Because if this "war" is anything like the KDF/Fed war that Capt. Picard talked about with Capt. Garrett in a hushed , almost suffocated voice ... , then the sacrifice in "Yesterdays Enterprise" is a big fat ****ing joke ... , instead of the epic win that it was .

But hey , I also buy dark green golf balls that nobody can find , simply because it has "Star Trek" written on them .
On second thought maybe I don't do that because I don't have to buy everything that has "Star Trek" written on it .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
11-07-2012, 11:50 AM
after reading this, my first thought is: if this plot is leading to romulans on the feds or klingon faction side, instead of getting their own faction, i will quit playing this game the very same moment.
Empire Veteran
# 44
11-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:

To: Ja?rod of the House of Duras

The Romulan is here. He will address the full High Council later today.

I spoke to this D?Tan upon his arrival. He is a man of admirable dedication, but he is no warrior. He thinks he can change the Romulans with words.

Words are meaningless. Without strength, they are empty air. The buzzing of a glob fly has more importance.

The Tal Shiar is in chaos after the loss of Hakeev, but they will still fight to maintain their control of the Romulans. Fear and secrecy are their weapons, and those are the very things D?Tan seeks to strip away.

The Tal Shiar cannot be wished into oblivion. There will be blood. It may be D?Tan?s.

He is here to ask the High Council for the Empire?s support for his venture. I intend to back his request. I trust that the House of Duras will as well.

On the surface it seems laughable. In this case, however, it is a great opportunity.

D?Tan is correct on one point. The Romulans cannot continue as they have. Like the damned half-men of the Borg, they must adapt or die. D?Tan and his followers would choose peace. The Tal Shiar will go screaming into the long night, slashing at anyone who approaches like a wounded beast.

Do not revel in their downfall, my friend. If we had not swallowed our pride and allied with the Federation after the destruction of Praxis, we would have faced every trial the Romulans have suffered ? and more.

By supporting the new Romulan colony, we conquer one of our greatest foes without a single blow. We gain their friendship, and later perhaps their loyalty. We solidify our relationship with the Remans. And we still retain the chance for combat and glory ? the Romulans are not in a position to fight their own battles. They will need our ships to defend them from the Tal Shiar and the Tholians.

We are reaching a turning point in history. Kahless said it was better to lose one battle than to lose an empire. I would say it is better to forego one war to win a greater one.

J?mpok will keep the Empire at odds with Starfleet as long as he can. His greatest fear is that the Empire will be dominated by the Federation. But it is not Starfleet we need fear. It is the Iconians.

We know the Iconians are coming. We know their eyes are fixed on the Romulans. The Empire must be ready ? for whatever may come.
yuQjIQa ghoblI'mo' J'mpok vInaD!

nuchpu' ghaH DuraS tuq'e'! reH romuluSngan Saj ratlh! jaghma'pu' DIQaHchugh, tlha' veS.

Quote:
By supporting the new Romulan colony, we conquer one of our greatest foes without a single blow. We gain their friendship, and later perhaps their loyalty. We solidify our relationship with the Remans. And we still retain the chance for combat and glory ? the Romulans are not in a position to fight their own battles. They will need our ships to defend them from the Tal Shiar and the Tholians.
I trust the Romulans as much as I trust the House of Duras.
Obisek and his Remans have no quarrel with us but if we aid the RSE we aid an enemy that we currently fight in other sectors and are in part at war over with the federation.
We have invaded and retaken the territories they toof from us lng ago.
Why offer them peace now?
Help the Remans, as thye may make worthy allies but ever trust a Romulan hand in friendship. They too often hide blades.

Quote:
We are reaching a turning point in history. Kahless said it was better to lose one battle than to lose an empire. I would say it is better to forego one war to win a greater one.
Fah! Are we jeghpu'wI' to go back on our word because of fancy? Leave the Romulan scraps to die or live by thier own hand as thier own faction.
Trust not the relationships of House Duras.
We can ally with Obisek and his Remans. They would make good allies.

Quote:
J'mpok will keep the Empire at odds with Starfleet as long as he can. His greatest fear is that the Empire will be dominated by the Federation. But it is not Starfleet we need fear. It is the Iconians.
As we should! We are not at fault in this war!
Our honor was impuned by Star Fleet when we warned them of the Undine threat and where rebuked.
Now we know why... They are corrupt in thier very core. Many of thier higher field command know this as well.
Our honor was further insulted when in honest conquest we, as an Empire, recaptured systems once held by the RSE that belong to us of old.

Have the Command of Star Fleet acknowledge thier own faults to us before we take on fault that is not our own.
Carry your own sins, federation. We Klingons know our own and what ever price we may pay for them.

War will come of this.

Quote:
We know the Iconians are coming. We know their eyes are fixed on the Romulans. The Empire must be ready ? for whatever may come
Eyes fixed on????? They are damned well already in bed together or has everyone forgotten Sela and her Iconian savours?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 11-07-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-07-2012, 04:45 PM
What would be better than an alliance with the Romulans ? I hear many complains about the lack of science ships from our warriors. While I don't agree with them, the Romulans will provide just that.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Romulan_science_vessel

As a bonus, we prevent the Federation from getting a large number of ships equipped with cloaking devices. Yes indeed, the Romulans would be an excellent ally to the Empire.

And one should not forget about the bigger picture. Cardassia is already a Federation protectorate and set on it's way to full membership. I think we should get our own protectorate.

We may even have peace with the federation. After they accepted our claims in pi canis.
It's a formality anyway. The Empire controls the space over which we went to war with the Federation.
Empire Veteran
# 46
11-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
So ... first the KDF/Feds help the Deferi -- hanging out together in Deferi space , but not clashing there , despite being "at war" .
Then they repeat the same thing w/the Remans .
Then the KDF/Feds form the happy go lucky Omega Force .
And now , the KDF/Feds help the Romulans -- again hanging out together in Romulan space , but not clashing there , despite being "at war" .

This is "the attack of the bad fanfic" .
Why ?
Because if this "war" is anything like the KDF/Fed war that Capt. Picard talked about with Capt. Garrett in a hushed , almost suffocated voice ... , then the sacrifice in "Yesterdays Enterprise" is a big fat ****ing joke ... , instead of the epic win that it was .

But hey , I also buy dark green golf balls that nobody can find , simply because it has "Star Trek" written on them .
On second thought maybe I don't do that because I don't have to buy everything that has "Star Trek" written on it .
That's the point: this war never was a war It's more like a cold war, being that the two don't trust each other, but other than a few skirmishes, nothing major really happened. It just keeps being going on because Jm'pok wants it to.

So yeah, can't really compare this 'war' with Yesterday's Enterprise's war, because they're not the same thing in any case.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 47
11-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducklesworth View Post
I really hope we get this level of storytelling in the actual game as opposed to just the website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I like stuff like this as it adds flavour but I'd so like to see these updates appear in game for immersion and realism rather than reading them on the website.

there must be a simple way they can set up a console to give out regular 'federation news service updates' or 'KDF intelligence' operative in the back ally of qo'nos to keep you updated on the latest intelligence/news.
One step would be to update the Captain's Table Concierge. As the station is considered a temporal nexus, she can continue to offer a few teases for things yet to come.

Another approach would be to offer ingame mini-intelligence briefings to any player character with the Operative Accolade/Title. Make it something for player's to work toward having unlocked through play. Offer these via our established intelligence contacts in our Contacts list.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Empire Veteran
# 48
11-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
That's the point: this war never was a war It's more like a cold war, being that the two don't trust each other, but other than a few skirmishes, nothing major really happened. It just keeps being going on because Jm'pok wants it to.

So yeah, can't really compare this 'war' with Yesterday's Enterprise's war, because they're not the same thing in any case.
The fed versus KDF war is not a war becuase the story idea for it was never truelly supported in the game even though its a big part of the STO back story.

Had the Devs stuck to thier guns on the STO/ Path to 2409 backstory and built it up, we may have had a good little story to enjoy before endgame story that has us as players combined against teh iconian/Undine/Borg/Tholian/Breen threat.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 49
11-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
The fed versus KDF war is not a war becuase the story idea for it was never truelly supported in the game even though its a big part of the STO back story.

Had the Devs stuck to thier guns on the STO/ Path to 2409 backstory and built it up, we may have had a good little story to enjoy before endgame story that has us as players combined against teh iconian/Undine/Borg/Tholian/Breen threat.
This is exactly how I feel!
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Career Officer
# 50
11-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigas7 View Post

As a bonus, we prevent the Federation from getting a large number of ships equipped with cloaking devices. Yes indeed, the Romulans would be an excellent ally to the Empire.

Actually the Romulans are planning to make every Fed ship cloak for short periods of time. (T5 rep ability cloaks ship for 3 seconds)