Rihannsu
# 11
11-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I'd be all in favor of some sort of KDF grand melee style tournament. I'm not so sure it would work on the Fed side from a story perspective, but contriving plot justification has never stopped Star Trek writers before.

Mirror Universe arena where you play as your "dark side" maybe?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 12
11-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
I certainly don't object to another ground PvP zone, especially a Free-4-All.
Galordon Core has issues thou.
Like you said, the interference causing brain issues.
Wouldn't this bring rise to certainly "mental" abilities having issues?
Isn't that why it would be the perfect open, free for all, PVP zone? Why else would Fed attack Fed if not for brain issues?

*Note* the above is not an endorsement of the idea of a free for all pvp zone. I Tacofangs, am a carebear, and have no interest. I am simply stating that if such a thing were to exist, I would like there to be some reason/motivation for it.*Note*
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Rihannsu
# 13
11-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
it could be fun.. a zone like defera where you beam in and just start shooting people..
they could make it so when you teamed up your teammates were on your side so to speak.

i think something like capture the flag would fun too.. you beam in and get to choose blue or red. (not kdf vs fed)

this game has such potential.. sigh..
awesome suggestion!

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 14
11-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
well it dont keep true to (trek) Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? ring any bells?

in a game that is more about killing to start with i dont see why the OP ide is bad
Lol, that question kinda reminds me of Picard during Insurrection. Back when he was hosting that diplomatic reception.

"Does anybody remember when we used to be explorers?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 15
11-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Erm.. Can i say bad idea?

There is a reason this isn't played like a FPS. THIS IS NOT A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER!!! If that is the game you want to play, then go play something else.

While I completely agree that we need an open PVP system, what you have described breaks both canon and the game mechanics. A decent Starfleet officer should and WOULD exploit every other possible solution before outright violence.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
11-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
While I completely agree that we need an open PVP system, what you have described breaks both canon and the game mechanics. A decent Starfleet officer should and WOULD exploit every other possible solution before outright violence.
Erm.. No, cause this

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Isn't that why it would be the perfect open, free for all, PVP zone? Why else would Fed attack Fed if not for brain issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
... but contriving plot justification has never stopped Star Trek writers before.
And this did happen in cannon more than once. I vaguely remember the scene...

Geordi: "OMG! Everyone's gone crazy and we're all gonna die if Wesley doesn't think of something quick!"
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
11-07-2012, 06:18 AM
I'd probably not want to go to a PVP zone myself but as long as the whole game doesn't suddenly go PVP. I'd welcome this for those that would.

If you want it to be canon then just say it's a training planet or a holodeck so the Feds aren't really killing each other. The Klings, on the other hand, would be killing each other because that's what they do.
Captain
# 18
11-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremis0 View Post
Here's the idea (FREE FOR ALL PVP )space and ground. ...disable RPG mode (or keep it if like)
Free for all PvP is always fun!

Disabling RPG mode is NOT fun.
Captain
# 19
11-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Why not? with all these Klingon Raids on ESD it might as well be open PVP. I like the idea of permadeath too, lets bring that in as well.
Captain
# 20
11-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Just put a simple map, with some obstacles and stuff, and make it pvp free for all. What can you guys lose?
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com