Commander
# 1 Dilithium Nerfs
11-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Okay so let me get this straight. PWE...your nerfing the Dilithium gain from Elite STFs, as well as removing the Dilithium reward from B'tran missions....am I right? If so....why? Just why the heck are you doing this? You've already got people spending money on Zen Store stuff and then there is that Lifetime Sub thing which will give people every single Award for those who were subscribed INCLUDING the Chimera Heavy Destroyer and its Klink variant, but NOW your nerfing the Elite STF Dilithium gain and taking away the Dilithium reward from B'tran......seriously just why? If your doing this just to line your pockets with more of the hard earned cash of your player base, then you are making a big mistake. People dont want what you are trying to do, this is going to cause more problems for you then its worth....so just stop right now, do not do it please! You wont get anywhere if you continue down this path...

Last edited by kaeaja; 11-12-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Lieutenant
# 2
11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
On a positive note, Dilithium rewards added to Fleet Actions... Or so I hear.
Captain
# 3
11-12-2012, 08:17 PM
You know what the hilariously pathetic part is? Idio... erm... people will continue to buy zen by the boatloads, especially with the Vesta coming out. And to make up for the lack of dilithium that they are bringing in, they will buy more zen to sell. And since people will keep on buying zen, PWE will keep on making money, and will keep on giving no craps about those who play without spending a dime.

Welcome to the world of business gaming.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
# 4
11-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcatman View Post
On a positive note, Dilithium rewards added to Fleet Actions... Or so I hear.
That's just social engineering on Cryptic's part. It's easier than making them so people want to play them.
Commander
# 5
11-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
You know what the hilariously pathetic part is? Idio... erm... people will continue to buy zen by the boatloads, especially with the Vesta coming out. And to make up for the lack of dilithium that they are bringing in, they will buy more zen to sell. And since people will keep on buying zen, PWE will keep on making money, and will keep on giving no craps about those who play without spending a dime.

Welcome to the world of business gaming.
Hello again Heretic, ive seen you before.

No, sorry but their approach to this is wrong, what they are doing here is not business gaming, its just them making things harder on the players just to make themselves a little more money which they do not need, why cant they be content with the money they were making before? If they really want to do this, then they have to do something that balances it out, otherwise, its wrong and only benefits them, and by Balance it out, I mean balance it so that something equally good balances out how bad this idea is.
Captain
# 6
11-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I never said it was fair. I was just saying why it was happening. And seriously? "why cant they be content with the money they were making before?" Um... let me remind you of something. This is first and foremost a business. Not a game. The game is merely the means for that business to make money. That is their final goal. Money making. Not being fair, not acquiescing to the customer, but money making.

And to do that, they make it so you have to pay money in order to get ahead. As I said. It's not fair, it's not personal, it's just good business.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
# 7 Season 7 and ....
11-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I've read all season 7 release notes and thank to the Prophets swtor is f2p from 15 - 2 days for downloading is enough. If tandem C/PW still will put dilitium in everything they can this will end badly - silver players will not play STO.

Sorry for my english - it's not my native language
Ensign
# 8
11-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Double post

Last edited by annitaill; 11-12-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Double post :)
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeaja View Post
Okay so let me get this straight. PWE...your nerfing the Dilithium gain from Elite STFs, as well as removing the Dilithium reward from B'tran missions....am I right? If so....why?
I'm not a Dev so a can't speak for them but I can have a stab at why,

1# Ever noticed how there is a whole bunch of people complaining that there needs to be more of an end game than stf's?......LOL there actually is and a lot more at that by reducing the rewards for those stf's it just might get players looking elsee ware for dil and they just might notice the are other missions to do and the loss of dill on stf's not is really that relevant anymore at all then given they can still get there 8k dill a day with ease.

2#Now it is marketed as a f2p game and you can play it with out ever paying a cent if you choose to but its in the devs best interest to get people to pay for something here and there and this is not been selfish at all they created a product and simply wish to be paid for it and its also a way for players to support the devs after all if nobody supports them well there will be no game.

3# People with multiple toons taking advantage, There are quite a few f2p players out there with multiple toons like 5 each side with a total of 10 toons who can currently grind 80k dil a day with all 10 toons in an hr or so but after season 7 they can still do that but it will take 3hr's + a toon instead. It wasn't the devs intention to have people grind that amount in 24hrs hence making it longer to grind.

There is 3 possible reasons and it's not as bad it all sounds, 9 out of 10 times I'm almost at my dil limit depending what dalies I've done before I even start an stf so reducing stf dill is nothing, why people are kicking up such a fuss is beyond me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-13-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariseabove View Post
I'm not a Dev so a can't speak for them but I can have a stab at why,

1# Ever noticed how there is a whole bunch of people complaining that there needs to be more of an end game than stf's?......LOL there actually is and a lot more at that by reducing the rewards for those stf's it just might get players looking elsee ware for dil and they just might notice the are other missions to do and the loss of dill on stf's not is really that relevant anymore at all then given they can still get there 8k dill a day with ease.

2#Now it is marketed as a f2p game and you can play it with out ever paying a cent if you choose to but its in the devs best interest to get people to pay for something here and there and this is not been selfish at all they created a product and simply wish to be paid for it and its also a way for players to support the devs after all if nobody supports them well there will be no game.

3# People with multiple toons taking advantage, There are quite a few f2p players out there with multiple toons like 5 each side with a total of 10 toons who can currently grind 80k dil a day with all 10 toons in an hr or so but after season 7 they can still do that but it will take 3hr's + a toon instead. It wasn't the devs intention to have people grind that amount in 24hrs hence making it longer to grind.

There is 3 possible reasons and it's not as bad it all sounds, 9 out of 10 times I'm almost at my dil limit depending what dalies I've done before I even start an stf so reducing stf dill is nothing, why people are kicking up such a fuss is beyond me.
Several of those dalies have been nerfed. I'm going to wait and see on if the numbers are as bad as i think. If it takes me more than 90 minutes to hit the end game cap? Pretty sure i'm uninstalling and putting a game like C9 in its place. A couple of other options are available to me as well.