Ensign
# 161
11-07-2012, 09:30 PM
I'd rather that they give us instant reputation ranks based on how much STF drops we have. It makes no sense that we should have to complete the projects just to reach tier 3 so that we may open a crate that contains well less than what our items were worth. We ran all those missions in the face of insta-kills, isometric charges, and a number of bugs and glitches to amass a collection of these randomly dropped items (some being exceedingly difficult to acquire, hence the need to remove the randomness... or so they say) only to be stiffed in the end and told that our work was, well, futile.

The whole crate idea might as well be tossed out and replaced with an automatic dilithium deposit. Unless seeking omega marks, who in their right mind is going to hand over items worth 100k+ dilithium in exchange for <100k dilithium? Here, I'll give you a dime and some lint if you give me a dollar. Granted 2000 omega marks takes about 83 runs with the reward being 24 marks, so converting does save a ton of time and effort. But how long would it take to make back that lost dilithium based on the S7 dilithium reward? If the dilithium reward is the same as S6, then 612k dilithium converted down to 56k dilithium would take... 506 Elite runs, not including random drops worth dilithium (which there will be none) and weekly mission bonus.

Hardly fair.

Last edited by kerven01; 11-07-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Captain
# 162
11-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
All of the following projects currently have a 40-hour duration. This is a variable that is under scrutiny however, and may change (they were briefly 2-hour duration on Tribble).

** all of the above is subject to change!
Wha the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?

40 hours to "buy" something? If I lived in California I'd hop in my car and find the genius who thought that was a good idea and squirt them with water like I do my cats when they're bad! Bad devs! Bad, bad design! The customers are not your enemy!

Adding a bajillion artificial time gates only pisses people off and makes them leave.
Empire Veteran
# 163
11-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Looks like the devs just got there supply of *what ever the hell* in. I would like to know how grinding for endgame gear in this manner is such a good idea. On top of that the conversion rates for the STF loot is a load of crap.

Unless we are getting something special like them Warfare Bridge Officers requistions for being screwed I might as well convert every thing I have from the STF loot into dilithium.

With all the time gating and grinding you have to do in this game at the rate its going the freaking ripoff lockbox key sales isn't going to keep this game afloat for very much longer.
Career Officer
# 164
11-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh Hi Cryptic. I see you have that cactus again. No I'm not going to bend over. I'm just going to head off before you even attempt to put that thing some place it shouldn't go.

Pretty sure we've had that cactus shoved some place it shouldn't go once before when we converted from all those tokens, emblems and badges to dilithium. Now that the space herpes is in and spreading like, well herpes. Am I to understand we'll be screwed over yet again?

I assume you have a good or at least half baked reason for this?
Career Officer
# 165
11-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Wait so there's a grind gate, a Dilithium gate AND a time gate now? Just to buy gear?

What in Jupiter's Bullocks has gotten into you guys?

WTF is there now a TIME gate just to buy ****.

you guys have lost it. This whole thing is going pear-shaped.
Lieutenant
# 166
11-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Having a time gate on the XP missions seems reasonable, since the idea is that you're doing something that takes time, but the reward "missions" are really more like buying something, which should be fast. 2 hours is much more reasonable than 40, but better still would be something like 15 minutes, or 5 seconds (like the doff reassignment missions).
Career Officer
# 167
11-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Sadly the spread sheet from commodoreshrvk does not seem to work

Last edited by bitova; 11-08-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Career Officer
# 168
11-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
All of the following projects currently have a 40-hour duration. This is a variable that is under scrutiny however, and may change (they were briefly 2-hour duration on Tribble).
*snip*[/i]
So...why is this a 40 hour cooldown?

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind having people spending weeks to get items unlocked only to get to the item and not able to buy it without another 40 hour cooldown.

The 2 hour cooldown makes sense because someone can start it and go do something and come back for a play session and feel like they're being rewarded.

40 hours seems like you're stalling

Could it be bumped down to say 12 max and 4 min hours? Maybe 4 hours Mk X, 8 hours Mk XI, 12 hours Mk XII ?
Career Officer
# 169
11-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Since we've recently increased the cost in Neural Processors necessary to purchase items, we've just increased the number of Neural Processors that will be allotted to players in the conversion. You'll be getting approximately (but not exactly) twice as many as you're seeing on Tribble right now. Numbers are still in flux.
Sorry but if I have 12 Prototype Tech, ie Mk XII, now and borticuscryptic has said we need 10 Borg Nerural Processors per Mk XII piece. I should have 120 BNP in the crate, at present I have 15 BNP. You have just said we would get about twice, making 30 BNP, therefore I'm 90 BNP short.

Daniel Stahl said in his Season 7 Dev Blog #8 "After reviewing the data, the conversion rate for most players will allow for the purchase of a partial and in some case full set of their choosing." What! If partial means one quarter of what I had before than he's spot on. Could you just have the common decency to explain why we are not getting a 1 to 1 conversion rate and why you are taking stuff away from us.

At present I could not recommend Star Trek Online to any new player, and to be honest I wouldn't recommend Neverwinter Nights either if this is how you treat players in the game as any investment players have is constantly taken away. There is no point investing time in STO, you are just better off going to play some other game.
Career Officer
# 170
11-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Wait so there's a grind gate, a Dilithium gate AND a time gate now? Just to buy gear?

What in Jupiter's Bullocks has gotten into you guys?

WTF is there now a TIME gate just to buy ****.

you guys have lost it. This whole thing is going pear-shaped.
Yup, stupid isn't it