Lt. Commander
# 1 block low reputation stf ppl
11-02-2012, 04:41 AM
think since u bring reputation system to stf all low reputation ppl should be blocked from it like at least lvl2-3 reputation is needed to can enter elite stfs thet would made elite stf lot more beter since now a lot of ppl whit none stf exp or even gear enter elite stfs and ruin bonus and even whole stf like cure space, so whit this new system shouldnt be to hard to block thet ppl from elite stfs,sry for bad eng and fell free to coment on idea
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-02-2012, 05:03 AM
I don't think it'll happen. Other than gating by level, Cryptic doesn't seem to want to block anyone from any content.
Career Officer
# 3
11-02-2012, 05:08 AM
How does higher reputation equal experience/better or more capable players, let alone better gear? Just because someone attained a reputation tier or two via commodities and dilithium doesn't mean they will be any better an STFer.

The only way you can guarantee people with certain gear equipped is through an item level lockout.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lieutenant
# 4
11-02-2012, 05:09 AM
I agree, with this new reputation system, now would be an ideal time to add an extra Elite STF requirement. But lets not forget the people who have already got their sets and optional accolades and are experienced at Elite STFs.

The major problem is that people can get their ground gear by not even running a ground STF, they can just run ISE or CSE over and over and over and over again. So you could get to this Lvl 2-3 requirement without running a ground stf!
I'm the guy that uses unconventional builds, and don't fall to the normal. I also don't believe in "No-BS" crap, it's in the game, it's ready to be used. Think Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge.
Career Officer
# 5
11-02-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockbusters View Post
I agree, with this new reputation system, now would be an ideal time to add an extra Elite STF requirement. But lets not forget the people who have already got their sets and optional accolades and are experienced at Elite STFs.

The major problem is that people can get their ground gear by not even running a ground STF, they can just run ISE or CSE over and over and over and over again. So you could get to this Lvl 2-3 requirement without running a ground stf!
ROFL. Well if thats not a double standard I don't know what is.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lieutenant
# 6
11-02-2012, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
ROFL. Well if thats not a double standard I don't know what is.
Good point, perhaps then it's best for everyone to start over, on a level playing field, everybody starts on normal stfs until an appropriate Reputation Tier!
I'm the guy that uses unconventional builds, and don't fall to the normal. I also don't believe in "No-BS" crap, it's in the game, it's ready to be used. Think Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge.

Last edited by blockbusters; 11-02-2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: correction
Captain
# 7
11-02-2012, 06:13 AM
I don't care how many STF runs a player has done. No longer in my experience is it players that don't know what they are doing that ruin an STF instead it is players that have no idea how to setup a ship and contribute absolutely nothing to an STF.
Commander
# 8
11-02-2012, 06:22 AM
I can understand being frustrated when you get a bad group, but this is not an effective solution. If your sick of getting bad groups from the queue get yourself a fleet and never pug again. The systems real danger is that people will only run the easiest of the elite missions over and over again, and not try the really challenging runs.
Lieutenant
# 9
11-02-2012, 06:25 AM
But some players are stubborn and don't want a fleet or regular group and just carry on pugging all night long.

For me, i enjoy all the benefits of a fleet, I recommend it to anyone compliaining in DS9 Zone Chat about PUGs.
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Yes, restrict tier 0 & 1 players to infected ground elite.

They won't bother us till they learn how to play.

Jokes apart, it looks like a good idea.