Career Officer
# 1 Another use for fleet marks
11-03-2012, 05:30 PM
I really like this currency for fleets but I was wondering if anyone else would like to have another use for Fleet marks. Not because I dont want to help my fleet, I always send as much as I can spare to fleet projects. But I have two other characters, that because of the size of my fleet, they dont invite alts to the main fleet. Now I still want to do use these characters for Starbase defense missions and such because their fun. But I dont have anything to spend the fleet marks on.

So for people in a similar situation, as in for some reason they dont have a reason to spend the fleet marks, maybe their can be another use for them? Im curious to see what others come up with but two ideas I came up with would be to allow us to convert them to Dilithium, but something tells me Cryptic wouldn't want too much Dilithium around. Or maybe we could exchange Fleet marks for some of the other requirements of fleet projects, commodities and such. Things that we could send to our mains to contribute more to fleet projects. Dont know about other people, but I would very much like to run more Starbase defenses on my Tac and still feel like im helping my fleet, not just wasting time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Themed doff assignments to convert fleet marks into Romulan or Omega Marks perhaps?

Contacts for that would be on New Romulus and DS9 probably.

They should come with a high cost though.
A factor of 10 reduced?

100 Fleet marks -> 10 Romulan Marks
Career Officer
# 3
11-04-2012, 01:51 AM
obvious solution comes to mind: remove marks.

Less obivous solution stick with one kind of marks.

nuff said...
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Lieutenant
# 4
11-04-2012, 05:36 AM
I seem to be accruing a lot of marks at present since my other fleet members typically fill the mark requirements of Starbase projects before I even see them (different time zones). An option to convert marks to other Starbase requirements is an idea, or perhaps the ability to trade marks in for extra fleet credits?
Rihannsu
# 5
11-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Considering how many unused Marks I have on my 6 toons from CXP converting, general gameplay and an overall slow progression through Fleet tiers since the fleet's gotten smaller lately, I'd love some kind of personal use for the stuff too. Impossible as it is I'd definitely love a Dil conversion.
Ensign
# 6
11-06-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm not in a fleet on any of my captains, just don't feel it's much use as I play too randomly.
Thusly, buying a key and opening a temporal box, and receiving some item that increases how much fleet stuff I can earn (or some such), was a real kick in the shin. I'd love some use for this, especially since the item is bound ><
Commander
# 7
11-07-2012, 03:04 AM
I doubt we'd see a fleet mark to dilithium conversion, although that would be great.

I would like to see one to convert them into commodities, or even doffs, that are usable for fleet projects.
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-07-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matth431 View Post
I seem to be accruing a lot of marks at present since my other fleet members typically fill the mark requirements of Starbase projects before I even see them (different time zones). An option to convert marks to other Starbase requirements is an idea, or perhaps the ability to trade marks in for extra fleet credits?
put an alarm, wake up, fill the marks and go back to sleep
How to really behave in online forums with developers