Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Expansion to Liberated Borg
11-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Seeing as how Cryptic has made it possible to display Borg parts on characters of any playable species for when they are assimilated, this means that it is now possible to make less-human/klingon centric Liberated Borg characters.

Due to the fact that Cryptic has made it so that Borg costume pieces can be used on any playable character, why not take the next step and allow them to do so at character creation instead of just when they are assimilated? I fail to see why the Borg would just suddenly stop assimilating every other species except under very rare circumstances, as they are not prone to speciesism like humans are. The only sentient species that they have ever been shown to not want to assimilate were the Kazon.

As for how it could work, there could be an option when selecting a species to choose to make them as a Liberated Borg version of that species. This option would only be available to Lifetime members.

This could also be ported over Liberated Borg Bridge Officers, by changing the requisition form in the C-Store into a token that allows a player to choose a Liberated Borg BOff from any species, gender, or class from their faction. This requisition form could still only be used once, however.
Captain
# 2
11-07-2012, 01:54 AM
i've been advocating for something like this for quite some time now. I've always believed it would have been better suited to have liberated borg as a package of unlocks for all characters, which would allow any new character or old to have access to the parts as well as the traits for the borg, although in doing so i'd also have preferred that they give more parts for characters as well instead of just a few pieces stuck to the side of your head.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-07-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
i've been advocating for something like this for quite some time now. I've always believed it would have been better suited to have liberated borg as a package of unlocks for all characters, which would allow any new character or old to have access to the parts as well as the traits for the borg, although in doing so i'd also have preferred that they give more parts for characters as well instead of just a few pieces stuck to the side of your head.
It seems both Cryptic and BioWare have a problem with making cybernetics available to more species than just humans (or also klingons in Cryptic's case). Curious. At least Cryptic did it at all for STO because, well... Borg. It still doesn't excuse being speciesist about what species can be Liberated Borg, though.
Career Officer
# 4
11-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Maybe the Borg just recognize the Pinkskins are the species with the most room for improvement. That would explain their obsession with assimilating you lot. Whereas Andorians, and other alien species...

Well now.

You can't improve on perfection.

They also assimilate Klingons, so clearly I'm on to something here.
Reave