Empire Veteran
# 41
11-07-2012, 01:48 PM
The problem there in is the statement thats what other mmos do. The key to any type of product is going beyond the competitor and establishing your own product.
Captain
# 42
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I have to say I really like the new queue interface. It is very well made and clear what awards are given from each mission. My only request is for the current queue count to remain in the new system. Reading above it sounds like the feature was somewhat broken, but I still find it useful in determining what events to queue up for. 5 player queue waits aren't so bad, when you encounter this with 20 player queues, this starts to be a bit of a problem. The lack of a queue count will present some problems for 20 man events like Starbase 24 or Mine Trap. Players will be much less likely to queue up for them because you need 20 players and you have no idea how many players are currently in the queue. It will send most players to private queues, which still have queue counts. So please keep the current queue counter, even if the current feature isn't perfect or slightly inaccurate. The current rough estimate system may not be perfect, but it helps us players gauge the current wait times.
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I've seen it where the # queued has been wrong plenty of times, but like others have said it at least gives a general idea.

However like usual people are too quick to complain and not offer up any viable solutions.

On other mmos, especially ones with multiple servers there is always some type of indication as to how many people are on that different servers, usually a normal, medium, heavy population or some variation of that.

So my suggestion is this:

Literally noone in queue: II

Some in queue but not enough to start soon: I

_____

Approx queue wait 10-15 mins: II

Approx queue wait 5-10 mins: I

____

Highly Active Queue: II

__________________________________________________ _______

I'm sure someone else will come up with a better formula for the different sections , but it's atleast an idea to work off of.
Career Officer
# 44
11-07-2012, 02:12 PM
I love how on Priority One totally screwed the pooch, when they got talking about the new PvE queue with CaptainGeko... the dude, whoever it is, was just like "oh wow its awesome and beautiful... and omg wow and ..."

No! Its missing the most crucial part and he had a chance to jam it right down Al's throat... Chris and Jeremy wouldn't have passed that up...

This is twice now they've said they are taking our feedback into consideration... One, it should be a no brainier! Two, they may be trying to make it a mystery on purpose to prevent people from just queuing up for the same stuff everyone else is. Sort like spreading the love to the others since no one knows what everyone else is doing. Either way, I don't like it.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Starfleet Veteran
# 45
11-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Let me gues, We can buy a Counter for 200.000 dilitium
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
11-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partizan81 View Post
Looked nice over Tribble weekend, but **PLEASE** bring back the number of queue'd players listed. Literally all of the feedback threads on the issue show folks wanting it put back in, any comment on the chances of that being reintroduced?
Addressed in a LOT of different threads and posts, Cryptic - the player base (at least the ones commenting) is almost unanimous on this point.

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
11-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones1970 View Post
Let me gues, We can buy a Counter for 200.000 dilitium
...and it will only take 3 days until it appears, OR, you'll have to earn "Queue Marks" through the "Queue System" that will be launched in Season 8.

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Empire Veteran
# 48
11-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
The problem there in is the statement thats what other mmos do. The key to any type of product is going beyond the competitor and establishing your own product.
Whether we like it or not, STO is only 'average' on the scale of the other MMO's. If you want any real shot at surpassing the others, you gotta get up to their level first... both with the big stuff, and minor stuff like this.

I'd think this was more obvious, personally.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 49
11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Branflakes posts here why they took it out:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...31#post6449531

This is my response....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EigIujKxDcE

Just put it back and figure out new tech later...
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-07-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 50
11-07-2012, 02:31 PM
the new pve ques look great, with so much in them it was getting hard to keep track of what did what.

ques not showing the accurate number of people is basically not true though. there may be active matches playing and no body displayed as qued, and then as soon as you que you get prompted for the game to start. the number of qued players needs to be back on the thing, if you want to do 1 of 3 or 4 different things, you would que into the thing with the most people so you could be playing something soon as possible, its just a shot in the dark currently, there will be a direct effect on the gaming up time from not having this displayed.

also, get the pvp que out of that drop down of shame already, it should have a button below the mini map again. get rid of the dilithium store button there , theres a button for it on the asset tab of your inventory. and don't tell me that tab doesn't have enough visibility, you have to go to it to refine dilithium, every single player goes to the asset tab every single day to refine dilithium.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus