Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 11
11-08-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Now I am NOT saying this would be a cakewalk - far from it. What I AM saying is that the Wells would NOT be a pushover Vs a Vesta.
Never said that either. Just was saying that this guy would be arrogant and would go in with a cocky smirk and come out wondering wtf just killed him. The Vesta is a very powerful ship. There is no getting around that. The Wells is also quite powerful. I just don't like seeing ships summarily dismissed because you don't like them. And this guy dismissed the Vesta, and as a result will no doubt not only underestimate said ship, but will not take care when engaging it, and get mauled. Hence why I will find it rather amusing when it happens. Not IF mind you, but WHEN.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,513
# 12
11-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Never said that either. Just was saying that this guy would be arrogant and would go in with a cocky smirk and come out wondering wtf just killed him. The Vesta is a very powerful ship. There is no getting around that. The Wells is also quite powerful. I just don't like seeing ships summarily dismissed because you don't like them. And this guy dismissed the Vesta, and as a result will no doubt not only underestimate said ship, but will not take care when engaging it, and get mauled. Hence why I will find it rather amusing when it happens. Not IF mind you, but WHEN.
Agreed - never wise to underestimate ANY ship. Heck, my (fleet) Rhode Island (one of the most unassuming ships in the game in my opinion), when set-up right, can produce a few nasty suprises!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,513
# 13
11-08-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiiliitiila View Post
Bleah...

Jupiter's better

Had to put my 2 cents in, you may now ignore the statement!

-Quiiliitiila
Except that it probably turns about as quickly as the Kremlin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 347
# 14
11-08-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsivar View Post
It depends what you're looking for in the ship:

The Odyssey is a physically tougher ship while the Vesta is a good bit quicker; the Odyssey is Eng focused while the Vesta is Sci focused (say what you will about the Universals, the Cmdr tell a good bit about how the ship functions).

The Odyssey is the big backbone ship while the Vesta is the sleek one.

Take your pick because they'll both perform well depending on the role you put them in.
That's exactly right but also..

I can't agree with all these "Vesta or Oddy" posts simply becuase you can't fly these ships the same way.

The Oddy is a really good cruiser, whereas the Vesta will be simply a really good sci ship.

Add DHCs, gimmick consoles, and swap console slots around, the Vesta is still just that, a science ship, with a plastic hull, and good shield mod.

Same with the Oddy, theres an eng, sci, and tac version with console slots catered a little bit more to each chosen profession, but at the end of the day, all 3 are still cruisers, with standard a buffed hull, and standard shield mods.

While I can appreciate folks wanting a new shinyshiny, the Vesta is simply not going to out-DPS a Fleet Defiant or even a Fleet Patrol Escort (assuming they and/or the Vesta are flown correctly), nor is it going to be able to tank it's hull as efficiently as basically any T5 or T5+ cruiser. I think it's a cool ship definitely, but I don't think it's really fair to be compared to anything we already have except maybe the closest being the Wells.

I think at the end of the day, the Vesta (and/or it's variants) will perform best with a tactically-oriented sci captain (the same bunch that can and know how to effectively utilize the MVAMs sci slot or a Wells class)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 PM.