Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,548
# 431
11-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
A bit of both... honestly Phaser Guy was no better than her, just as sexist and unrealistic.
Really! Still can't tell if it's a joke.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 432
11-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
speaking of skin check out the ultimate alpha male...

There's still hope.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 433
11-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Really! Still can't tell if it's a joke.
Oh come on really... "Sexy Phaser Guy" has almost perfect chisled facial features, a wide "manly" chin, a messianic glow, shoulders so out of proportion they make T'Hooters breasts look normal and a stiff outstretched arm complete with phallic weapon.

The guy is a homoerotic wet dream of a purely fantasized sexist image of malehood based on some kind of Nietzschien superman complex.

I'm a short guy not very broad shoulders and this kind of stereotyping and sexism has created cultural memes within the female mind that discriminate against the average, not toned, not stupidly wide shoulders, not stupidly chiseled male majority. It stops me getting laid as often as I'd like :p.

If you're going to cast T'Bazookaz as a sexist image you'd be hypocrite to argue "Sexy Phaser Guy" is not.

If you really really are taking this whole sexism angle seriously then I put it to you that you should be asking for something more normal like the podgy tellerite engineer I posited as a the official face of STO.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-22-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,548
# 434
11-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Oh come on really... "Sexy Phaser Guy" has almost perfect chisled facial features, a wide "manly" chin, a messianic glow, shoulders so out of proportion they make T'Hooters breasts look normal and a stiff outstretched arm complete with phallic weapon.

The guy is a homoerotic wet dream of a purely fantasized sexist image of malehood based on some kind of Nietzschien superman complex.

I'm a short guy not very broad shoulders and this kind of stereotyping and sexism has created cultural memes within the female mind that discriminate against the average, not toned, not stupidly wide shoulders, not stupidly chiseled male majority. It stops me getting laid as often as I'd like :p.

If you're going to cast T'Bazookaz as a sexist image you'd be hypocrite to argue "Sexy Phaser Guy" is not.

If you really really are taking this whole sexism angle seriously then I put it to you that you should be asking for something more normal like the podgy tellerite engineer I posited as a the official face of STO.
Not really my point, he's much better than the current one, not perfect, but much better.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
# 435
11-22-2012, 11:58 AM
You know one way to fix this would be to rotate the background image so we have something different to look at each day of the week. Sticking with one image for the forseeable future naturally tends to draw criticism both for lack of new eye candy and the quality of what's on offer.

And from a purely beancounter point of view, you have more chance of attracting new players if you have a variety of attractive archetypes. You could even let a logged-in user pick their preferred image when arriving at the home page (preferred because well, if there's a new image you want to show it off, right?)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,268
# 436
11-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by selmak107 View Post
You know one way to fix this would be to rotate the background image so we have something different to look at each day of the week. Sticking with one image for the forseeable future naturally tends to draw criticism both for lack of new eye candy and the quality of what's on offer.

And from a purely beancounter point of view, you have more chance of attracting new players if you have a variety of attractive archetypes. You could even let a logged-in user pick their preferred image when arriving at the home page (preferred because well, if there's a new image you want to show it off, right?)
I think that's a great idea. That way both sides are satisfied.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,414
# 437
11-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Rotate the backgrounds.
It's a good freaking idea.


And , seriously, to the poster whose only defense against people calling T'Boobs sexist is to turn around and say that Phaser Guy was sexiest.
You make me laugh.
Deep, belly laughs.
Your insensitivity toward women and sexist issues is staggering.
To reply to you would be useless as you seem blinded by machismo.

Hey people. Regarding T'Boobs.

IT'S A DRAWING !
and not a particularly good one at that.
All of you acting like Beavis and Butthead being all "Huh Huh Boobs" .... (1) You realize how ridiculous you sound, right ? and (2) ITS THE INTERNET ! You realize how easy it is to find pictures of real boobs , don't you ?


At the end of the day. NO, T'Boobs is no worse than many other sexiest, pandering marketing ploys on the internet. That's true. I would just like to think that a game whose player base is obviously older , middle aged , Star Trek fans in a lot of cases, didn't need to use cheap, pandering, sexiest imagery to appeal to drooling teen boys, and immature man children.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 438
11-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Rotate the backgrounds.
It's a good freaking idea.


And , seriously, to the poster whose only defense against people calling T'Boobs sexist is to turn around and say that Phaser Guy was sexiest.
You make me laugh.
Deep, belly laughs.
Your insensitivity toward women and sexist issues is staggering.
To reply to you would be useless as you seem blinded by machismo.
LOL

Gender stereotypes only exist for women sure....

Read my post again it's about as anti-machismo as it gets.

How you can misconstrue the short podgy dude criticizing an image for portraying the male in an unrealistic (and out of proportion, look at the size of those shoulders) way that panders to ideas Nietzschien machismo as being blinded by machismo I'll never understand.

Try again.

We should have Pudo and Bem on the front-page instead, doing some scanning and stuff.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-22-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,414
# 439
11-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
LOL

Gender stereotypes only exist for women sure....

Read my post again it's about as anti-machismo as it gets.

How you can misconstrue the short podgy dude criticizing an image for portraying the male in an unrealistic (and out of proportion, look at the size of those shoulders) way that panders to ideas Nietzschien machismo as being blinded by machismo I'll never understand.

Try again.
The insensitivity and machismo comes in that you are unable to simply say , Yes, the image of T'Booobs is kind of sexiest. Instead , you have to give another example , this time citing how OH the male image is also sexiest blah blah blah.

As if that fact somehow makes the objectifiying and sexist image on the front page less bad.

It's called deflection.
It's actually pretty common.
and insensitive.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 440
11-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
The insensitivity and machismo comes in that you are unable to simply say , Yes, the image of T'Booobs is kind of sexiest. Instead , you have to give another example , this time citing how OH the male image is also sexiest blah blah blah.

As if that fact somehow makes the objectifiying and sexist image on the front page less bad.

It's called deflection.
It's actually pretty common.
and insensitive.
I never said T'Boobs wasn't sexist I said that both were... your defence of Phaser Guy by creating a straw man (I.e. that I thought T'Boobs wasn't sexist) is the only deflection going on here.

The truth is as your sig reveals is that you think Phaser Guy is somehow not sexist when he is the very embodiment of machismo, an over proportioned superman with perfect features, the ultimate in masculinity and superiority.

I don't sport any defence of T'Boobs on my sig, because I don't defender. I see her as just a trashy Evony rip-off with grossly oversized ****.

I think we all know who is in the wrong here and it's not me.

Deflection,
It's pretty common,
and insensitive.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 PM.