Captain
# 451
11-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by selmak107 View Post

N.B. Unlimited Power may cause hair loss, halitosis, mental illness, necrosis and in rare cases, fatality. Please use and enjoy Unlimited Power responsibly.
You win./10chars
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 452
11-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Here's the dig: Cryptic is owned by PWE, and they sent their art dept to do the pinups.

Problem is, said art dept is only good for bossomy elves.

So we got a stupid space elfcan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Lt. Commander
# 453
11-24-2012, 03:31 AM
we should get roxy , handsome phaser guy and T'its.... i mean vulcan girl as doffs , it would be nice to see them in your crew .
Captain
# 454
11-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Thank god for the zen sale. My launcher screen looks fine now.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 455
11-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
I never said T'Boobs wasn't sexist I said that both were... your defence of Phaser Guy by creating a straw man (I.e. that I thought T'Boobs wasn't sexist) is the only deflection going on here.
I think part of the problem in this thread is that we're playing with words that have multiple definitions/levels of application...

There is the "low level sexist" that Trek is well known for. Kirk going shirtless almost every episode, and even getting Spock into the topless thing. The outfits from all the "guest ladies" in TOS to the jump(cat)suits of the TNG era. Riker being hired on to be the "manly" first officer while Stewart comes in as the "brainy" captain. Heck, "Handsome Phaser Guy" "earns" the adjective from being designed as the "male ideal" in a western society...
And, the design of "Phaser Vulcan lady" - the cleavage shirt, the above average filler for said shirt, the custom curves, the "modern street sized" skirt, the heels, all these are on a par with the "low level sexist" things that Trek is known for, and, outside of the "very feminist" people in this thread, not a direct complaint for many of the posters/complainers...

The problem stems, primarily, from the application of the "high level sexist" - aka being "overtly sexist" - in their advertising artwork. "Leaning" her so that the above-average exposed cleavage is highlighted - compounded by the positioning of the "download now" button so that said cleavage line becomes almost an arrow. The combination of "stretched" short skirt, leg positioning, and angle that makes most guys wanna be behind her and looking that way. The "dreamy" look aimed directly at the viewer even though the "action" in the shot would have her (pun intended) logically looking to her left...

As I've said before: stand the lady up, and have her looking at her "target". Those two steps, alone, would pretty much (if not completely) "remove" the "overt sexification" of the artwork, and most likely make the image "acceptable" to the majority of the complainers here(yeah, I admit that we'll never quiet the die-hard feminists). Think about it - the cleavage shirt and short skirt are no worse than what we see in a majority of clubs. Her shape, while indicative of maybe a bad diet, isn't worse than the supermodels we objectify - even on the aforementioned game magazine cover...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Captain
# 456
11-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
I think part of the problem in this thread is that we're playing with words that have multiple definitions/levels of application...

There is the "low level sexist" that Trek is well known for. Kirk going shirtless almost every episode, and even getting Spock into the topless thing. The outfits from all the "guest ladies" in TOS to the jump(cat)suits of the TNG era. Riker being hired on to be the "manly" first officer while Stewart comes in as the "brainy" captain. Heck, "Handsome Phaser Guy" "earns" the adjective from being designed as the "male ideal" in a western society...
And, the design of "Phaser Vulcan lady" - the cleavage shirt, the above average filler for said shirt, the custom curves, the "modern street sized" skirt, the heels, all these are on a par with the "low level sexist" things that Trek is known for, and, outside of the "very feminist" people in this thread, not a direct complaint for many of the posters/complainers...

The problem stems, primarily, from the application of the "high level sexist" - aka being "overtly sexist" - in their advertising artwork. "Leaning" her so that the above-average exposed cleavage is highlighted - compounded by the positioning of the "download now" button so that said cleavage line becomes almost an arrow. The combination of "stretched" short skirt, leg positioning, and angle that makes most guys wanna be behind her and looking that way. The "dreamy" look aimed directly at the viewer even though the "action" in the shot would have her (pun intended) logically looking to her left...

As I've said before: stand the lady up, and have her looking at her "target". Those two steps, alone, would pretty much (if not completely) "remove" the "overt sexification" of the artwork, and most likely make the image "acceptable" to the majority of the complainers here(yeah, I admit that we'll never quiet the die-hard feminists). Think about it - the cleavage shirt and short skirt are no worse than what we see in a majority of clubs. Her shape, while indicative of maybe a bad diet, isn't worse than the supermodels we objectify - even on the aforementioned game magazine cover...
It would indeed make it acceptable to me (heck, even the photoshopped eyes were a great improvement).

Just make her more concentrated on her skirmish, not looking haplessly at the audience. And hopefully make her gain some balance.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Lt. Commander
# 457
11-24-2012, 09:16 PM
I say they should do more images on the same "line" as the phaser guy, with both male and female, of different species, and rotate them periodically.
Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
Survivor of Romulus
# 458
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I think we need a sexy Undine on the front page... still nice peice of art though.

P.s. no Spoon heads either.
Captain
# 459
11-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plox21 View Post
we should get roxy , handsome phaser guy and T'its.... i mean vulcan girl as doffs , it would be nice to see them in your crew .
You sir win all of my internets.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 460
11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
"Now Live" indeed, T'jiggle. "Now Live" indeed.