Career Officer
# 1 The Gale
11-07-2012, 09:53 PM
this is mentioned in the article of star trek magazine referring to star trek online. i do not want to purchase magazine to find out what this gale is that i seen it referring to. is there anyone that can tell me what it is? is it the star trek online book that came out when game was launched? is it a sequal to the book? if you can tell me what ever you can about the gale.
Lieutenant
# 2
11-07-2012, 09:58 PM
It's about the worst Enterprise captain in history, even beating out Archer.

Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
Catian Atrox Carrier
Career Officer
# 3
11-07-2012, 10:01 PM
The Gale is nothing. It's just the title to the story. It involves the Enterprise trying to contact Remans on a planet, but things go awry.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Captain
# 4
11-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
The Gale is nothing. It's just the title to the story. It involves the Enterprise trying to contact Remans on a planet, but things go awry.
Unspecific post is Unspecific.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
so.... a story form of Nemesis? :p
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Rihannsu
# 6
11-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heineko View Post
It's about the worst Enterprise captain in history, even beating out Archer.
The one from Ferris Bueller?
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Republic Veteran
# 7
11-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
The one from Ferris Bueller?
Never liked Shon, but I do like that the Captain is not Human for once. If they were going to make an Andorian captain of the Enterprise, They should have made Thelin of the USS Kirk. If he was worthy of commanding a ship named after the Captain who made the Enterprise famous, than he could command the Enterprise. plus he was already established, and they could have done more with Miral Paris.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 8
11-08-2012, 11:21 AM
ok from what i am reading from replies is not popular story of star trek. is the gale created by star trek online? even though the captain is not popular is the story worth reading? is the story in star trek online?
Republic Veteran
# 9
11-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Never liked Shon, but I do like that the Captain is not Human for once. If they were going to make an Andorian captain of the Enterprise, They should have made Thelin of the USS Kirk. If he was worthy of commanding a ship named after the Captain who made the Enterprise famous, than he could command the Enterprise. plus he was already established, and they could have done more with Miral Paris.
Agree. Shon sucks and I can't stand him. It would have also put Miral Paris on the Enterprise, which I would have liked. This Enterprise crew just.. can't stand any of them. I remember the First Contact Day event, talking to all of them. They were all completely unlikeable and wooden.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Career Officer
# 10
11-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
Agree. Shon sucks and I can't stand him. It would have also put Miral Paris on the Enterprise, which I would have liked. This Enterprise crew just.. can't stand any of them. I remember the First Contact Day event, talking to all of them. They were all completely unlikeable and wooden.
Akin to the reviews of the Season 1 TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT crews then? The difference is they had time to grow and develop. We got to see that character growth.

The fact is these ent-f characters have been developed quite a lot -outside- of the game now through literary works in this magazine. A medium that just isn't available to all the players of this game. I think the opinions of people who have made their mind up about Shon et al. from the Featured Episode and the First contact event are a little skewed - through no fault of their own. Cryptic isn't doing enough to weave the Enterprise F and it's crew into the game, and our personal story progression. Although, I hear they may pop up in Season 7 and 8, so hopefully that will start to remedy this issue.

origcaptainquack - I would suggest taking a wander to your local magazine retailer (who stocks national magazines, i.e. maybe not your local newsagents) and read the story there.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 11-08-2012 at 11:43 AM.