Can anyone tell me if the Plasma Infuser console affects the plasma DoT for:

1) Plasma Energy Weapons,
2) Plasma Torpedoes, &
3) Eject Warp Plasma?

Thanks.
Career Officer
# 2
11-08-2012, 05:03 AM
I know it affects the plasma energy weapons, and plasma torpedoes, but I'm not sure about the plasma DoT of said weapons or EWP.

Anyone else know? I'd like an answer to this as well!
-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-08-2012, 05:09 AM
this is eng ability and I don't think that it is effected by tactical consoles
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Career Officer
# 4
11-08-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
this is eng ability and I don't think that it is effected by tactical consoles
Which ability? The character I'm using to play around with this (potential) build is an Engineer and I don't recall any of his skills mentioning anything about about buffing Plasma DoT.
Career Officer
# 5
11-08-2012, 05:38 AM
The Infuser only affects Plasma Energy Weapons.
For Plasma Torps you need the Ambiplasma Envelope tactical console.
Eject Warp Plasma is not affected by either of them.
For that you need the Particle Generator Science Console.
Career Officer
# 6
11-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
The Infuser only affects Plasma Energy Weapons.
For Plasma Torps you need the Ambiplasma Envelope tactical console.
Eject Warp Plasma is not affected by either of them.
For that you need the Particle Generator Science Console.
Actually you would be incorrect - Plasma DoT whether it's inflicted by Eject Warp Plasma, Plasma energy weapons, or Plasma Torpedoes counts as energy damage so the Plasma Infuser boosts the damage. I just got out of the game after checking it.

Mind you, the Ambiplasma Envelope will boost the kinetic damage done by Plasma Torps and Mines and Particle Generators is supposed to buff the damage done by Eject Warp Plasma (haven't checked to see if it does, but I suspect so).

So anybody that uses Plasma Mines care to test and see if Plasma Infusers will boost that DoT as well?
Commander
# 7
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
Actually you would be incorrect - Plasma DoT whether it's inflicted by Eject Warp Plasma, Plasma energy weapons, or Plasma Torpedoes counts as energy damage so the Plasma Infuser boosts the damage. I just got out of the game after checking it.

Mind you, the Ambiplasma Envelope will boost the kinetic damage done by Plasma Torps and Mines and Particle Generators is supposed to buff the damage done by Eject Warp Plasma (haven't checked to see if it does, but I suspect so).

So anybody that uses Plasma Mines care to test and see if Plasma Infusers will boost that DoT as well?
It does.

And thanks to this fun mechanic plasma mines / torpedoes actually do more dps than quantums (when u use plasma infusers and plasma energy weapons).

I enjoy plasma.
Career Officer
# 8
11-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Awesome! I'm going to be doing a bit of grinding on my Fed to outfit my Lethean's ships with Plasma weapons

Oooh! And with the new Science consoles in S7 giving boosts to plasma damage...forget Transphasics, Plasma is the way to go for shield ignoring damage.
Career Officer
# 9
11-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post

I've got no way to confirm or deny this ATM.
If it's true then it's awesome and I have to say thanks, learned something today.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-09-2012, 04:20 AM
I run a plasma heavy build, since closed beta, and yes the infuser boost any plasma damage done by weapon, torp, or EWP.

the other stuff is stated directly about the torps and their consoles...

Plasma is a build some like, some do not. It is more a personal preference. Would I say it out damages any other build? Nah... they have those set pretty good right now.