Lt. Commander
# 1 A few odd things in pvp
11-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Most of these could be a ability, but sense I know of no ability that does them I figured id post about it.
1. The ability to disappear in a carrier or in assault cruiser in active combat pvp.
2. Feedback pulse bypassing shields and doing straight damage. When I did use that ability I never noticed it doing that.
3. My science abilities frozen for a decently long time.

I am just wondering is this normal? Or is this something else that should not be.
Captain
# 2
11-10-2012, 04:27 PM
1. If you get placated by Jam Sensors or the KHG shield targets will disappear and be un target-able. In addition the Kar'Fi I believe has a phase shift device that makes it un target-able. IIRC the new Timey wimey sets can have a similar effect.

2. Feedback Pulse has always done 50% damage through shields. Just not many people have noticed as the Borg Proc tends to neutralise it.

3. If you lose Aux power through, phaser procs, aux to battery, or subsystem targetting science abilities cannot be used. Even if they are not dependent on Aux Power.
Captain
# 3
11-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
1. The ability to disappear in a carrier or in assault cruiser in active combat pvp.
2. Feedback pulse bypassing shields and doing straight damage. When I did use that ability I never noticed it doing that.
3. My science abilities frozen for a decently long time.

I am just wondering is this normal? Or is this something else that should not be.
1. Another reason could be 'subspace jump' where there vanish and appear elsewhere (behind whatever they have targeted)

Jam Sensors, the KHG placate proc, Antimatter spread, a new super rare doff that can lower a ships perception could also be the culprits.

3. Viral Matrix can shut off aux, shutting off sci abilities, same with the MACO 3peice set 'heavy graviton beam', also if you aux power is low/been used in AUX to battery a aux substem target beam can knock it offline too.

jsut a few ideas :p
Captain
# 4
11-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Sounds like everyone has summed up the most likely things.

KHG Shield can be annoying... Jam sensors isn't used often but yes it could explain as well.

Yes FBP is 50% hull dmg always has been... most people hitting you with either low aux low versions or unspeced in particle yes it doesn't really hurt and hazards and borg procs neutralize it. Sounds like you may have met a tactical captain using a higher version 2 or 3 with high aux power and spec into the ability and possibly boosting it with tac abilities.

Your sci abilities most likely VM 3... VM is a pretty common sci skill in PvP these days... because 1 it requires no aux... 2 the doffs for it are pretty powerful... and 3 the other sci options are in general not known to be that useful right now.... so yes a full spec (or close to) VM 3 can easily knock your Aux system offline for 10-14 seconds at a time.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Those explanations sound about right, those things just caught me off guard the last few days, during pvp. Anyways It didnt completely wreck me I just wanted to make sure someone wasn't hacking or something because they got torn to pieces in pvp lol Thank you for the information and help.