Captain
# 181
11-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Another possibility to do when closing up that hole ...

Increase the officer of the watch daily from 5 to 50 (or even 25) fleet marks + add 480 dilithium.

Then ...

Double the amount of dilithium on the Academy Lore mission from 480 to 960. (or add in another Lore type mission that has to do with the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition done like the lore missions but put it on Drozana)

Two to three locations means travel time and the Officer of the Watch takes a little longer to run than just clicking the console ... but its better cause you get to close the one exploit while continuing to offer more ways to get dilithium in game which is what they say they are trying to do anyway.
+1 for officer of the watch
Career Officer
# 182
11-09-2012, 06:08 AM
To me, the IRP was kind of like a daily log on gift, nothing excessive but you log on and can get a bit easily. 1440 Dilithium per day isn't going to get anyone anywhere quickly.

There are quite a few MMOs out there that have a tiered daily log on reward structure. So if you set 50 fleet marks and 1440 dilithium as your top prize the structure looks something like...

Day 1 288 Dilithium, 10 Fleet marks
Day 2 576 Dilithium, 20 Fleet marks
Day 3 864 Dilithium, 30 Fleet marks
Day 4 1152 Dilithium, 40 Fleet marks
Day 5 1440 Dilithium, 50 fleet marks
After logging in 5 days in a row you continue to gain the day 5 as long as you don't miss a day.

The system promotes people logging in and continuing to play, something STO is sorely missing right now.
Captain
# 183
11-09-2012, 06:46 AM
20 pages on console clicker discussion, but am I the only one who noticed this part of the update?

Quote:
Embassy Update: Added Additional Duty Officer Assignment Slot functionality.
These can be purchased from the Consumables vendor in the Shuttle Bay, upon unlocking the appropriate Recruitment Tier.
More Assignment Slots!? Woah this is something that has been requested forever. I wonder if anyone has the numbers on this. Since its consumable I'm guessing it's time limited, maybe an extra slot for 24 hours? Very curious about this.
Empire Veteran
# 184
11-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Ok ... Need clarification on something ... STF runs *will* still reward some sort of dilithium ... right?

I'm on tribble but not seeing it listed in the awards category.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Captain
# 185
11-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
When has fixing exploits been vain and a waste of time??
When they can't keep the @#$%ing server up long enough for me to complete a real mission, for one thing.

This is a big "F you!" to small fleets, period.
Starfleet Veteran
# 186
11-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Ok ... Need clarification on something ... STF runs *will* still reward some sort of dilithium ... right?

I'm on tribble but not seeing it listed in the awards category.
Yeah, they do. Around 900 on Elite, 400 on Normal.
Captain
# 187
11-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
And well some of the page 10 posts are why these Foundry changes are a different debate, you guys. Closing an exploit is closing an exploit. And, if that means that more of you all actually play Foundry missions, then I'm all for it.
You call it an exploit, I call it "compensating for the absurd resource cost of fleet projects."

And it will not get me to play lengthier Foundry missions. It will cause me to abandon the Foundry entirely. They've made this game all about gathering dilithium and marks, so I don't have time to waste on anything the doesn't award dilithium and marks.
Survivor of Romulus
# 188
11-09-2012, 08:14 AM
logged on to look at the conversion rate for my current EDC's, Rare and Prototype borg stuff transition.

For what I had (30-some EDC's, and enough proto's and rare's equipment for 1 rare and proto set each, and 3 to 5 rare and proto salvage each), I'm getting 1,500 Omega Marks, 8 Borg Neural Processors, and 1,000 Dilithium.... that I can't even get until I hit rank 3 in this new system.

I'd like to call BS. People work hard to have that extra stuff prior to S7 so that they -can- have a "leg up" as it were - and your answer is to say "that's nice, no. grind to tier x first and -then- you can have your goodies."

It's not right by a long shot. Let them open their boxes immediately and have access to their well earned rewards right away. Christ, the Task Force missions for them to grind up the tiers takes 1 day 16 hours anyways, and you're only getting 2,800 rep.

so it's gonna take 2 of these "group settings" to make Tier 1 (you need 5,000 for Tier 1, 2800 twice = 5600).

So... 1d 16h x2 = 2d 32h or 3 days and 8 hours just to hit tier 1.

You need 3 times that for tier 2, and a little over 6 times that for tier 3.

Again, calling BS.
Captain
# 189
11-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
No the answer to your problem is to go out and recruit and make your fleet bigger.
That's a bunch of smug, dismissive CRAP, and I don't pay for the privilege of begging strangers to let me in their fleet.
Captain
# 190
11-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
Ok, try to follow me on this one. We've been debating on the fairness of project costs to small fleets that are behind because of it. Those fleets would still be on white quality only. If they're so far along that they need higher quality, THEN THEY'RE NOT TOO SMALL AND NOT FALLING BEHIND AND DON'T NEED TO BE CATERED TO!!! Therefore, no one in these small fleets have had to sacrifice their doffing for the fleet projects. And if they're in a fleet that far advanced to where they need higher quality doffs, then they'll do just fine if they keep enough doffs to do their doffing. Take your time on replying til your brain catches up, no sense in arguing in circles.
If small fleets don't matter, then they should not allow small fleets to exist.