Captain
# 201
11-09-2012, 09:28 AM
I think it would've been easier to only allow 3 Investigate Officer Reports (Foundry) dailys per account.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 202
11-09-2012, 09:28 AM
All this foundry change means is I'll just have to team up my four alts with my prime and do a quickie kill targ mission and get 5 players done at once instead of one at a time at a console. In effect it will probably be even faster that way and if not well it wont matter because I didn't heavily depend on it. It's not going to stop the quickie foundry missions and it was a meager amount of dilithium anyways. Now if it is limited to spotlight missions then this is effectively nerfed because no one is going to play three long missions for that small amount. I would only say that they shouldn't allow special effects to occur in community maps.

After all cryptic turned us into a bunch of grinding drones anyways where you don't do anything but click here and click there. The whole starbase/DOFF system is nothing but grinding of some variety. I have spent hours doffing (clicking), exchange shopping(clicking), commodity buying(clicking), and clearing inventory(Clicking) out from the terrible loot received from Nukara. Soon we will have the reputation system which expands on the very same clicking mantra. As I have said on another forum thread its becoming more of a facebook/zynga game where you can do everything from your UI and not even leave the map. Don't get me wrong I love New Romulus and the story line but you spend a gross amount of time just clicking away for everything else. I play the story for about 20% of the time I'm on and the rest of the time clicking for resources.
Captain
# 203
11-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't think anyone would really argue that 1440 dilithium is a good reward for 2 and a half hours of playing actual foundry missions.

It's too low. But, as it is right now, it's way too high for 3 console clickers.

I really hope that if they succeed at eliminating the exploit, they'll also succeed in making the actual Foundry missions give decent rewards, given the time players have to invest, especially compared to existing ways to get dil.

Maybe once they know that the clickers are gone, then they can up the reward.

Best solution seems to be the NW rewards system. But, we're probably stuck in a twilight zone between clickers and an actual solution, so these temporary fixes (which seem to take half a year to implement) are given to us between now and then.

Still, we need details please.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 204
11-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi Captains,

I'm still trying to find out more information for you all, but I do know that there is a bug on Tribble that mistakenly displays all UGC missions as not giving credit to the daily -- this is already fixed and will be in the next build. When Season 7 goes to Holodeck, a mission's description will now indicate if it will not count towards the Foundry mission daily.

Hopefully I will have more info soon

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 205
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd like to hear that the NW system is coming to the Foundry. Even if it's a ways off, it would be nice to know. Current reward system has been exceptionally poor from the start. It always benefited short missions, and since a console clicker is the pinnacle of short missions, it benefited them the most, when they were by far the least deserving.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Empire Veteran
# 206
11-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I'd like to hear that the NW system is coming to the Foundry. Even if it's a ways off, it would be nice to know. Current reward system has been exceptionally poor from the start. It always benefited short missions, and since a console clicker is the pinnacle of short missions, it benefited them the most, when they were by far the least deserving.
Unless a Cryptic employee tailors any mission lasting longer than a minute to give it adequate rewards for the time it takes when players are trying to max their refinement cap on all their toons... or if there is nothing like an approved loot bag drop table for authors to create something off the achievement of the mission... I wouldn't expect any missions lasting longer than a minute to see any spotlight.

It's kind of terrible to say but in reality its the truth when it comes to gring games like mmorpg's. If this game was just a totally fan made game then I would be contradicted but
Survivor of Romulus
# 207
11-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

I'm still trying to find out more information for you all, but I do know that there is a bug on Tribble that mistakenly displays all UGC missions as not giving credit to the daily -- this is already fixed and will be in the next build. When Season 7 goes to Holodeck, a mission's description will now indicate if it will not count towards the Foundry mission daily.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Could you find out why they are insistent on withholding the rewards from people getting their "omega marks" and "dilithium" that is from them having their items x-ferred over? The Omega Conversion Crates should be available (at least imo) as soon as the players log into the server with the update. Not roughly 20 days later (and even then only if they do a maximum grind for every mission).

I mean, I can see everyone is all about the Foundry stuff, but for the most part everyone knows that they're fixing an obvious exploit. Hats off, good job, but my thing is with the conversion from the old system to the new system, you're giving us a box with the converted goods in it sure, but not until we've unlocked Tier 3? I dunno about you, but that's kinda shady imo. I work hard to have things in-game and they're just gonna be locked out until I hit a certain tier?
Commander
# 208
11-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Could it be that the Devs would like to withhold the info on how we can make a minimally qualifying foundry mission until after its too late to make one on holodeck while the editor is closed down for a few weeks post season 7 launch. If they did that it would provide them with new data on just how much of an impact quick runs of "Investigate Officer Reports" is having on fleet bases and the accumulation of Dilithium.
Rihannsu
# 209
11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
so, like Kirk said, what ARE the actual requirements now?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 210
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Hi Captains,

I'm still trying to find out more information for you all,
What exactly does this mean? Who has the info? Who decided to make the changes, and how exactly does the new system work? Unless the Cryptic office is very disorganized it shouldnt be hard to find the answers to those questions in a matter of minutes.