Captain
# 241
11-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
It won't be popular with all (I have very mixed feelings on it) but it does bring that foundry daily back to what it was originally meant to be.
That really is the bottom line. If the grinders feel that they need more sources of dilithium and that there is something wrong with the levels of what is needed for these various projects... it's an entirely different issue.

But this mission is designed to reward players for playing actual Foundry missions, not checking flight departures at ESD. The folks who play it as intended should be rewards. They have to pay for the candy bar. It's not fair for them to pay, while everyone else is robbing the place for the prize.

So good job Cryptic, if it works.

Now, ahem...

Perhaps (if it works) the prize could be increased so that it matches the 2-3 hours of time it takes to play 3 real foundry missions?
Starfleet Veteran
# 242
11-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Perhaps (if it works) the prize could be increased so that it matches the 2-3 hours of time it takes to play 3 real foundry missions?
I would much rather the Investigate Daily be tied to the time spend in the mission and rewards the dilithium accordingly. If I played 3 solid hours of Foundry missions, that should be worth MORE than 1440 dilithium.

What I am hoping for is that the Devs have reduced at lot of the Dilithium needed for Fleet based projects. Otherwise, I will be converting my zen to dilithium instead of buying the new shinies.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Lieutenant
# 243
11-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
It won't be popular with all (I have very mixed feelings on it) but it does bring that foundry daily back to what it was originally meant to be.
Oh please. All that will happen is people will find out what the absolute minimum requirement is and build missions with that. In other words, the people who are doing the current clickies will still do the shortest missions possible, not play "real" foundry missions that arent designed that way.
Survivor of Romulus
# 244
11-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmiracle View Post
I would much rather the Investigate Daily be tied to the time spend in the mission and rewards the dilithium accordingly. If I played 3 solid hours of Foundry missions, that should be worth MORE than 1440 dilithium.

What I am hoping for is that the Devs have reduced at lot of the Dilithium needed for Fleet based projects. Otherwise, I will be converting my zen to dilithium instead of buying the new shinies.
Agreed, it should be upped to match the playtime. You'll get more entertainment value as well along with the reward.

So, what do we think: 3,000? 4,000?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Rihannsu
# 245
11-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I honestly don't get this change with the daily officer report mission. Now, if this mission was set up so that every five seconds you could take it and complete it, then yes, this would be a huge exploit. But this is a daily mission. No matter how fast or slow I do the three foundry missions, I am only going to get 50 fleet marks and 1440 dilithium every 20 hours. So, when this change hits, if there isn't a series of missions that is short enough for me to play through quickly, I'm never going to touch this mission again, except to leave it up for whever I play a foundry mission.

Please note, this does not mean that I will never play a foundry mission again, it just means that I will not be doing so for the reward, but because I heard about it and though it sounded interesting and I have the time to spare.

Now, this is what I think would actually be a reward. I'll be generous, and say that it takes something like 30 minutes to an hour to get about 50 fleet marks. 1440 dilithium, I can do in 30 minutes max, not even counting STFs. Let be a bit generous, and then say that any foundry mission that is featured and that lasts between 30 minutes and an hour (I assume that some dev has to play through these) would get the current officer report mission reward. There is even a space on the Tribble build right now to showcase the current foundry mission and previous ones. That would get people to play the foundry missions, there's a good reward.

This? I don't know what this will do eventually, but I can tell you, it won't drive anyone to visit the foundry. Those who used the one click missions won't go there anymore, they only want to try and feed the grind. And those who already go to the foundry missions probably won't care.
Starfleet Veteran
# 246
11-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Or another thought. Add Dilithium as the reward for the Spotlight mission. Put the Spotlight mission on a 20 hr cooldown and give 1440 as the reward. Problem solved.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Captain
# 247
11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Agreed, it should be upped to match the playtime. You'll get more entertainment value as well along with the reward.

This is by far the best and only real solution. Hopefully the tech is coming soon... so maybe 2014. It's also not easy to actually play 3 Foundry missions a day, so making it independent of a play 3 daily would be nice.

Last edited by kirksplat; 11-09-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 248
11-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post

Well considering that I can already earn the 8000 refinement limit in one hour, not touching the clickies, the timed based Foundry missions should be based off that.

"This missions takes about 2 hours to complete" = 16,000 Dilithium please.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Survivor of Remus
# 249
11-09-2012, 01:58 PM
About TBR change:

I think FIXING it back to its old state is too much.

I think you should maybe reduce it to 75% of its current state, 50% being original.

Science is rediculusly underpowered, Please leave SOME of its power.

(Concidering that Polarize hull negates the damage from TBR compleatly...)
Captain
# 250
11-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Those 50 fleet marks are gonna hurt, but I'm NOT spending 2-3 hours playing foundry missions to get them. 2 runs in a fleet event (30 min TOPS) and I make it up.

1400 dilith and 50 fleet marks simply isn't enough incentive to play 2-3 hours (a day) of foundry missions. 100 dilith a minute is what cryptic missions pay.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf