Captain
# 251
11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
This is what I posted in the original thread which started this ball rolling(actually it was the second thread - the first was just not crafted properly)

kirksplat - thought that people might try to get around the system and wonders why the quick impliment without so many details - such as the time-based Neverwinter system

This was my response to him and on the reason for haste:

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
It could be - but this is just a stop-gap measure in my opinion and had to be implimented in a hurry - S7 by many accounts goes live in a few days - and so does the new log-in system which allows you to switch between alts without logging out.

This means the old clickie could be cut down to a total turn around of less than a minute

so even someone with just 10 alts could generate 14,400 dilth in 10 min!!! - that is insane - and 10 alts is fairly common - there are probably 1000's with 30+

So now come next week that report takes the farmers from 2 min on the old system to 10 min under the new - that will be a significant deterrent.

The Neverwinter System was designed and owned by Cryptic - it's only still in Beta testing - so it will take some time.
Captain
# 252
11-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
This is what I posted in the original thread which started this ball rolling
<edit> edited post
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 11-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 253
11-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Ahhh, so YOU did this ?

So is the mail system next on your hitlist ? (mailmageddon)
Please...

Let's NOT go There again...
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Lieutenant
# 254
11-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
This is what I posted in the original thread which started this ball rolling.
You think you "got this ball rolling"?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry to break it to you, but this was being discussed for a long time before you posted 2 threads about it. Talk about an egomaniac
Captain
# 255
11-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Please...

Let's NOT go There again...
No davy and lordmalak - they knew about this long before I made my question/argument/position/"crusade" - whatever you want to call it known to them.

I suspect that the coming of the new system which allows people to switch between alts without logging out had most of the determining factor for bring these changes now.

That said - one of the primary reasons that I want these dilthium farmers to go is that I believe Cryptic's data has been skewed - as to just how much Dilthium the average players actually farms.

It is my hope and my "crusade" now - that if the new data shows the dilthium generation to drop off significantly, Cryptic will do the right thing - and the most sensible business desicion - and LOWER the dilthium amounts across the game for Starbases/gear etc.

This of course will take some time - so I ask that people give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt - I am sure they want to keep their jobs - and keeping their jobs means keeping players - so long-term they are not in Business to drive the players away.

It just takes time - and the F2P model is new for them - there are kinks still being worked out.

And NO I don't work for Cryptic

Last edited by levi3; 11-09-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Captain
# 256
11-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillithiae View Post
You think you "got this ball rolling"?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry to break it to you, but this was being discussed for a long time before you posted 2 threads about it. Talk about an egomaniac
See my last post - you beat me to a response by a minute or 2.
Lieutenant
# 257
11-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
No davy and lordmalak - they knew about this long before I made my question/argument/position/"crusade" - whatever you want to call it known to them.

I suspect that the coming of the new system which allows people to switch between alts without logging out had most of the determining factor for bring these changes now.
So are you retracing your earlier "got the ball rolling" statement or just contradicting yourself?
Career Officer
# 258
11-09-2012, 04:07 PM
When the foundry first came out I played the missions to start with because there was nothing else in the game. It was the only new content being added, except the fe's. Then came Fleet Starbases.. supposedly encouraging team play. I use 'clicky console' to help grind out the projects. I use it to help out because the rest of the time I am just doing missions for fleet marks. I just don't get how the game can go from one extreme of there being no end content to moving goal posts.

I don't have anything against the foundry, but why have they not addressed the rewards and getting people playing the missions earlier.. why they change now. That is the annoying thing about it.

Season 6 introduced starbases and focused on fleets/team play. Season 7 has reputation.. Guess its best to do solo play. Why introduce Embassy? Are there so many fleets out there they have completed all tiers? What was the estimate for SB completion - 7 months? so why more projects via the embassy?

Wonder if they have information that says people are paying for Zen and converting it to dilthium for starbase projects, may be that is why they have introduced more ways to spend dilthm...
Career Officer
# 259
11-09-2012, 04:11 PM
As the head of a small fleet I am extremely concerned about all the additional dilithium costs. Progress on our base is moving at a snail's pace and I'm wondering if we'll ever see Tier 3. We are a fleet of friends, who do have lives outside the game and simply can't be living in STO when not at work. Our time is limited and the Officer Report mission was a nice thing to have and a huge help to us. I understand why it would be changed, but I disagree that it will cause anyone to play other foundry missions.

Speaking from my personal experience, I play the occasional foundry mission when I come across one that catches my interest. Sadly there don't seem to be many (I realize this is a matter of personal taste). I don't have an interest in playing a foundry mission that is an hour or two long and "heavy on story". I don't want just mindless pew pew, but I don't want to read a novel either, I have real books for reading.

What's going to kill the fleet base for my fleet is the loss of the fleet marks that came from the daily. Losing the dilithium will hurt too, but the marks are the big sting. As for steering people to play more "standard" foundry missions, I just don't see this happening. The officer daily had no influence on the amount of time I spent playing foundry missions.

IMO, changing the Officer Report daily is the wrong approach. If you want to get people to play more foundry missions, then make them easier to find. It seems to me that the filtering/search/general cataloging of the missions could use an overhaul to make the missions more accessible.
Captain
# 260
11-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillithiae View Post
So are you retracing your earlier "got the ball rolling" statement or just contradicting yourself?
The "ball" that I got rolling was the dozens of people posting in those threads who were foundry authors who wanted something done.

For the first time in a long while - or ever in the STO Discussion section there were threads where foundry authors spoke out about this exploit - and I believe that Cryptic listen to them - my thread was just the "forum" that they expressed their concern. There is a connection only in that sense. This is exactly what Zero said in her statement. I do not know for sure if it had ANY impact on Cryptic's desicion - but it got the ball rolling to talk about it with the very people who make the "real" foundry - what it is.