Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 702
# 41
11-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Can't feel even a little bit bad for you guys.

there are missions out there that take less than 5 minutes a piece , and have a small amount of actual story , that are designed to take about 15 or so minutes to do them all. Much like the cryptic explore missions , but cooler.

Right now, 2 seconds gets you 50 FM and 1440 Dil.
That's an exploit.
Plain and simple.

I say cheers for finding ways to get rid of that kind of exploit.

Of course, some people will consider this as the DEVS attacking small fleets, and trying to nerf our ways of getting DIL, etc etc etc.

Whatever.

Except for those of use with 4 characters that only get 20 or so minutes a day. So if I want to run the daily for my fleet marks and dilithium your way... I get to run one character through it... or maybe two... not to mention...

Or I do the console clickers on all 4.

Youre right its an exploit... one that they created by making the foundry daily in the first place. I get it they wanted people to explore story missions made by foundry authors (which by they way... not all of us want to do, no matter how good they are).... but if they couldnt predict that the console clickers would be a thing... then I dont know what to tell you. Even I could have told them this would happen... and then they let it stay this way since the foundry daily was introduced... I hope the developers dont expect people in small fleets, or those with little time to play the game to be happy with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
When has fixing exploits been vain and a waste of time??
When the explot is neither gamebreaking nor does it harm anyone in anyway...
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
# 42
11-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.10

Foundry:
  • Updated the requirements for the Investigate Officer Reports (Foundry) Daily.
    • Now, only projects that normally reward XP and EC will count towards completion.
    • The Foundry mission description will now indicate when it will not count towards the Foundry mission daily.
Please comment on this before.....

nerdrage. NerdRage! NerdRAGE! NERDRAGE!


takes over.
------------------------------------
Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 43
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
I don't mind the holes closing, but what we need are dilithium requirements reduced for fleet projects ... more so for the higher tiers as it kills smaller fleets as they try to grind away for these things.
It's completely unrelated. These workarounds exist because of the very nature of dilithium - it's supposed to be a time-based currency and of course people will try to get the maximum of it with the minimum amount of efforts, because now, with season 7, we NEED it to just play the game. There's no more free loot, everything is dilithium-gated.

I love creating foundry mission myself occasionally but I'd hate having hordes of people playing my missions just for the reward. I want them to play it because they want to; my missions are in no way farm zones (except one i've created to play with hard mobs for myself) and I don't intend to turn them into that.

This daily could really harm the foundry if the devs made exploits as long as playing a regular mission, we would have our visitor's book slaughtered and angry comments everywhere because people would be forced by cryptic to pick up one and because our missions weren't designed to be dilithium-efficient in the first place.

This fix will supposedly prevent people from hoarding dozens of alts but it it goes further it'll be a disaster for the foundry.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-08-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,497
# 44
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Except for those of use with 4 characters that only get 20 or so minutes a day. So if I want to run the daily for my fleet marks and dilithium your way... I get to run one character through it... or maybe two... not to mention...

Or I do the console clickers on all 4.

Youre right its an exploit... one that they created by making the foundry daily in the first place. I get it they wanted people to explore story missions made by foundry authors (which by they way... not all of us want to do, no matter how good they are).... but if they couldnt predict that the console clickers would be a thing... then I dont know what to tell you. Even I could have told them this would happen... and then they let it stay this way since the foundry daily was introduced... I hope the developers dont expect people in small fleets, or those with little time to play the game to be happy with them.
That's fine fi you don't want to play Foundry missions, not everyone wants to play STFs or not everyone wants to play Doffs. That doesn't mean that there should be a "pretend I did an STF" button.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,957
# 45
11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post


When the explot is neither gamebreaking nor does it harm anyone in anyway...
It harms the foundry community, when a mission designed to give you a reason to play our missions instead gives you a reason to not play our missions (and click a console as an exploit to get the same reward).
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,007
# 46
11-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Foundry:
  • Updated the requirements for the Investigate Officer Reports (Foundry) Daily.
    • Now, only projects that normally reward XP and EC will count towards completion.
    • The Foundry mission description will now indicate when it will not count towards the Foundry mission daily.
Any dev can coment on this? Thanks

__________________________________________________

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 47
11-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
When has fixing exploits been vain and a waste of time??
Because there is always someone smarter than the cop.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,425
# 48
11-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Can you say more here, devs? Projects don't normally reward XP and EC, do they? Who and what determines whether a mission counts?

I don't understand what this is saying.
Some of us have noticed that they did.

They also award diplomacy XP when there is no combat. (However, I would request the ability to select which commendation category gets used and have this display on mission pick-up. Not all non-combat is diplomacy.)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 734
# 49
11-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
NONE of the current Foundry missions on Tribble are eligable for the daily.

Just checked by logging onto tribble and each one I've seen so far says not considered for it. (including non-console clicking missions)

I'm thinking just Foundry spotlight missions now?
That was my thought when I read this as well, because I recall reading that spotlit Foundry missions would get rewards (I think in the latest State of the Game?). If that's the case, I don't think it's the right way to go about making this change. The key here is what the intent is behind the change.

Is the intent to eliminate clickies from the daily? This fix doesn't do that, apparently, if none of the missions on Tribble work at all, and there's probably better ways to do that then limiting the daily to a small selection of missions.

Is the intent to get people to play more cool Foundry missions? Limiting daily credit to spotlight missions is a good way to do this in theory, except it limits the daily to a small of selection of... I don't know how many Foundry spotlit missions there are, but I don't think it's very many. People don't like repetitive things. Additionally, it defeats the purpose of finding cool missions, because it means people are getting exposed to spotlight missions only - when they're chosen and publicized as a spotlight mission, and again as a daily mission - and no other missions. If the purpose of this change is to get people to play more cool missions, it fails in that respect as well (if it is limiting the daily to spotlight missions only).
Join Date: July 29 2008
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,706
# 50
11-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
There's no more free loot, everything is dilithium-gated.
^^^
Not true. Most of the MkXI and MkXII set gear is indeed in the Rep system; but not all loot is Rep or Dilithium-gated. You can still get very usable gear drops and rewards from the story missions and the Doff System.

I do get where you're coming from in general, but again, hyperbole serves no one.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 AM.