Captain
# 81
11-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post

But to say that the console clickers werent ugc because they only take 1 second to complete is bull and you know
You yourself distinguished between an actual "Foundry mission" and an exploit console clicker. The mission is to go play 3 Foundry missions, with the obvious intent of getting you to play Foundry missions.

Instead, you take advantage of an exploit. You called it an exploit.

Are these things "user generated content"? Well, I guess it depends on the definition of content, but you said honestly, they are not Foundry missions, which you would never have the time to play.
Captain
# 82
11-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
You yourself distinguished between an actual "Foundry mission" and an exploit console clicker. The mission is to go play 3 Foundry missions, with the obvious intent of getting you to play Foundry missions.

Instead, you take advantage of an exploit. You called it an exploit.

Are these things "user generated content"? Well, I guess it depends on the definition of content, but you said honestly, they are not Foundry missions, which you would never have the time to play.
They are both content, and Foundry missions.

Content being anything in or added to a game/movie/book/etc.

Foundry mission being a mission made with the Foundry tool in STO.

Now, it wasnt an involved foundry mission with an indepth story that takes 15-30 minutes or whatever... but I dont expect them to be. Nor did the Officer Reports daily.
Captain
# 83
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
They are both content, and Foundry missions.

Content being anything in or added to a game/movie/book/etc.

Foundry mission being a mission made with the Foundry tool in STO.

Now, it wasnt an involved foundry mission with an indepth story that takes 15-30 minutes or whatever... but I dont expect them to be. Nor did the Officer Reports daily.
Now you contradict yourself again. Meh, I'll just stop. I'm too lazy to quote you against yourself here.
Captain
# 84
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Now you contradict yourself again. Meh, I'll just stop. I'm too lazy to quote you against yourself here.
No please... I'd like to see the contradiction.

They are foundry missions... that arent particularly deep or involved... but that doesnt make them less of a foundry mission.

They are content... they arent particularly meaningful content... but that doesnt make them not content. They even happen to be user generated content.
Rihannsu
# 85
11-08-2012, 06:02 PM
BTW if you open a mission in Tribble Foundry it now has a button marked "Submit to Cryptic for Featuring"!!!!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 86
11-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Saying it again to make sure the idea is out there ....

If you make the changes to the Foundry daily, do one of the following:

Officer of the Watch on Fleet Starbases ... Add in the 50 fleet marks + the 1440 dilithium.

...or...

Officer of the Watch on Fleet Starbases ... Add in the 50 fleet marks + 1440 dilithium to the fleet with equal amount in fleet credit for the player.
If they did this, they might as well just take out the Officer Reports mission altogether. They've fixed an exploit, they're not going to give you an equal way to earn these rewards, otherwise they might as well leave it as it is. The reason you got 50 marks and 1440 dilithium, is that it was designed to take some time to complete, not a mere seconds or less than 5 minutes. There will still be quick foundry missions, but no longer a one click on a starbase.
Captain
# 87
11-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
If they did this, they might as well just take out the Officer Reports mission altogether. They've fixed an exploit, they're not going to give you an equal way to earn these rewards, otherwise they might as well leave it as it is. The reason you got 50 marks and 1440 dilithium, is that it was designed to take some time to complete, not a mere seconds or less than 5 minutes. There will still be quick foundry missions, but no longer a one click on a starbase.
No the reason you got 1440 dilithium was because not enough people were playing foundry missions. The reason they added 50 fleet marks was because people were unhappy about not having enough ways to earn them... that the devs didnt see console clicking missions coming from a mile away is pretty sad.

Adding the rewards from this to the Fleet daily mission would be great... because as it is now... theres no reason to do the officer of the watch mission.
Empire Veteran
# 88
11-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Then the other answer is to REDUCE the amount of dilithium required for fleet projects ... more so in the higher tiers.

Current formulas EXPLOIT smaller (actually all) fleets.

Those missions were just a way for us to patch THEIR exploit of us.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Captain
# 89
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:

I have to agree with this. They don't need to give a new exploit or freebie to replace something that wasn't meant to provide a freebie through an exploit.

The only argument that could be made: "Somehow Cryptic designed this wrapper for the creation of freebies, so taking it away means we need a different freebie." I don't really think that flies very well.

I think the bottom line is this: You (the players) get STF rewards for playing an actual STF. You should get the Foundry rewards for playing actual Foundry missions. There is no console clicker equivalent to get STF gear. There shouldn't be. That would be an exploit to getting STF gear.

Now, if some of you guys think that dil is too hard to come by, well, that is an entirely different issue. Closing an exploit = closing an exploit. Making dilithium more plentiful should be a different debate.

If you want more dilithium for your work, then ask that the dilithium reward for playing actual Foundry mission be upped to 5000 or something. Or, ask for more dilithium for other comparable tasks. That would be cool and reasonable, since you're doing something to earn it.

If you just want something for logging in, spend 5 minutes a day messing with doffs.

Last edited by kirksplat; 11-08-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Career Officer
# 90
11-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
No the reason you got 1440 dilithium was because not enough people were playing foundry missions. The reason they added 50 fleet marks was because people were unhappy about not having enough ways to earn them... that the devs didnt see console clicking missions coming from a mile away is pretty sad.

Adding the rewards from this to the Fleet daily mission would be great... because as it is now... theres no reason to do the officer of the watch mission.
You really need to work on your reading comprehension. I was indicating the reason for the AMOUNT of the reward, not the reason for there to be a reward. If they intended the mission to be completed so quickly, the amount of the reward would've been reduced.