Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
11-08-2012, 11:33 PM
An account has a theoretical maximum of 46 characters.

Fill all 46 with 45 Klingon alts + 1 fed. Get every single one of them to do the clicky, then buy dil with it.

46 x 1446 / 158 = 420 Zen a day, after a $110 investment, that pays for itself in 26 days!

Its ridiculous. I'm glad this is going away. Now at least people can only physically play 6-7 doffing mule characters a day, while they'd all hit the 8k cap its less than the ridiculous amount generatable by 1.5h of work a day.

Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
Catian Atrox Carrier
Rihannsu
# 12
11-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage2 View Post
Most of the foundry missions either suck or are bugged all to hell. There was nothing wrong with grabbing 3 quick missions that would take 2 minutes to finish to get 1440 dilithium and 50 fleet marks.

That was the only way small fleets could get starbase projects done.

Way to go you dumb ****s.

I couldn't agree more.

Also why not just split the daily so we can still do the fleet mark quickly and then if we want to go for DIL, we could do the longer mission. I don't see how this compromise wouldn't work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Commander
# 13
11-09-2012, 04:44 AM
This change is just more money grabbing.

They massivly increase the amount of dilithium you need to spend at endgame just to get gear that used to be based on drops.

They cut major sources of dilithium income, claiming to give some back if you do time consuming content that noone runs / is buggy.

All so that the average casual player has no choice but to buy zen and trade it for dilithium if they want to do anything.

Its appauling, its immoral, and worst of all its not even subtle.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
11-09-2012, 05:12 AM
The console clicking is an exploit (which I admit I use for convenience).

But it is not working as intended and Cryptic basically only has 2 choices:

Completely stop it, because they don't want players to have that much extra dilithium/fleet marks

or

Legitimize it as ok, but then they should do so by moving the reward to another feature that is more appropriate.

Logical choice: Officer of the Watch -> complete the daily for 50 Fleet Marks and something like 480 Dilithium (would be a good compromise).
Captain
# 15
11-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Logical choice: Officer of the Watch -> complete the daily for 50 Fleet Marks and something like 480 Dilithium (would be a good compromise).
100% this. The officer of the watch daily is a cute little extra boost when you're doing tier 1 fleet projects. It's a ridiculous joke for anything higher. I'd rather see it reward 100 fleet marks and no dilithium tbh. Do that and make the foundry daily reward only dilithium again.
Captain
# 16
11-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:

Completely stop it, because they don't want players to have that much extra dilithium/fleet marks

or

Legitimize it as ok, but then they should do so by moving the reward to another feature that is more appropriate.

+1

/10 char
Rihannsu
# 17
11-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
100% this. The officer of the watch daily is a cute little extra boost when you're doing tier 1 fleet projects. It's a ridiculous joke for anything higher. I'd rather see it reward 100 fleet marks and no dilithium tbh. Do that and make the foundry daily reward only dilithium again.
Maybe it should reward more marks based on Fleet starbase Tier, like T0 it rewards 25 marks, T1 50 marks, T2 100 marks, T3 150 Marks, T4 200 Marks, T5 250Marks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
11-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
Maybe it should reward more marks based on Fleet starbase Tier, like T0 it rewards 25 marks, T1 50 marks, T2 100 marks, T3 150 Marks, T4 200 Marks, T5 250Marks
Or just unlock additional dailys with each tier.
Captain
# 19
11-09-2012, 06:04 AM
If i'm understanding this right anything involving combat will award SP/XP. So if you do a search for "nagus" you'll get the nagus daily's for fed the distress calls run from wolf 359. They're fairly similar to the breen daily missions, so perfect for this kind of thing.

It is annoying in that this is really gonna hurt small fleets on FM's. I agree shifting the FM's to the officer of the watch and leaving the dil on the officer daily's is a really good idea. The officer dailies are nice simple, butnot too simple misisons and it would be nice to see that easy method of FM eneration remain.
Empire Veteran
# 20
11-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:

or

Yeap ... This is what I was proposing in the other thread as the Officer of the Watch mission right now is something of a joke anyway.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!