Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Captain
# 21
11-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
If i'm understanding this right anything involving combat will award SP/XP. So if you do a search for "nagus" you'll get the nagus daily's for fed the distress calls run from wolf 359. They're fairly similar to the breen daily missions, so perfect for this kind of thing.

It is annoying in that this is really gonna hurt small fleets on FM's. I agree shifting the FM's to the officer of the watch and leaving the dil on the officer daily's is a really good idea. The officer dailies are nice simple, butnot too simple misisons and it would be nice to see that easy method of FM eneration remain.
The daily will still reward the FM and 1440 dilth - you can do most Nagus mission - all 3 in less than 10 min.

So explain "how" this will hurt small fleets - and making it take longer to progress is not "hurting" these things were designed with 25 casual players in mind

a super fleet of 400+ would take 7 months - logic would dictate that a small fleet of 10 people should then take 2+ years - this was known from before they were launched

so what exactly is the problem?
Captain
# 22
11-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
The daily will still reward the FM and 1440 dilth - you can do most Nagus mission - all 3 in less than 10 min.

So explain "how" this will hurt small fleets - and making it take longer to progress is not "hurting" these things were designed with 25 casual players in mind

a super fleet of 400+ would take 7 months - logic would dictate that a small fleet of 10 people should then take 2+ years - this was known from before they were launched

so what exactly is the problem?
It will take more time to gain fleet marks, slowing overall progress.
The grind has become longer with the addition of the embassy holding increasing the total number of fleet marks needed overall. This trend will continue.

The result is some fleets will NEVER be able to 'finish' so to speak. Especially when season 7 launches does a small fleet continue to invest in the current main starbase or in the holding. Both require the same limited resources.

This is not a 'today' problem. This is a 'months from now' problem that most people seem incapable of realizing. If you prevent the 'months from now' problems today then it makes everything work so much better instead of putting dozens of band-aids over the problems until the entire thing crashes.

And one last thing, the fleet advancement requirements were based on a 25 person average fleet finishing in around the 7 months time frame AFAIK.

Last edited by bareel; 11-09-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Lieutenant
# 23
11-09-2012, 07:23 AM
My fleet already gave up on the starbase. And no one gives a fig about grinding stuff after S7 hits. Hopefully we can keep in touch on Steam or something, they're good people.
Career Officer
# 24
11-09-2012, 07:23 AM
One click missions never bothered me, the exploitation of using these 1 click missions to spam Foundry effects in social zones, is truely the greater issue.

Certain foundry exploits never phased me, the floating in space floating effect I find a nice thing to see, plus some of the strange dances.

I'm waiting for the foundry to include a few content things I'd like to see, so I can eventually create my story mission/campaign.

RachelJ88
Career Officer
# 25
11-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
While I agree that this isn't a big problem at all for me and my small fleet (4 man, we are not doing the Foundry wrappers anyway and still manage to make noticeable progress), I really would have appreciated if they told us earlier that they were thinking of fleets with approx. 25 players.

Now with the ludicrous decrease in Dilithium income we will be slowed to what feels like infinity--but we already spent more than a million of Dilithium on limited time projects alone and we are not willing to just give it all up by looking for a new fleet. It's a punch in my face, but not due to this anti-exploit fix (which cannot be a final solution).
Captain
# 26
11-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Just means some missions will get a quick re-write, doesn't mean the one-clicks are gone.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
It will take more time to gain fleet marks, slowing overall progress.
The grind has become longer with the addition of the embassy holding increasing the total number of fleet marks needed overall. This trend will continue.

The result is some fleets will NEVER be able to 'finish' so to speak. Especially when season 7 launches does a small fleet continue to invest in the current main starbase or in the holding. Both require the same limited resources.

This is not a 'today' problem. This is a 'months from now' problem that most people seem incapable of realizing. If you prevent the 'months from now' problems today then it makes everything work so much better instead of putting dozens of band-aids over the problems until the entire thing crashes.

And one last thing, the fleet advancement requirements were based on a 25 person average fleet finishing in around the 7 months time frame AFAIK.
No that was never the case as far as I am aware - the 7 month thing was the min amount of time that any fleet could complete the base given the Cooldown timers. They said right from the start that some small fleets would take years - IF they got that far. And the system was designed so that only the biggest fleets would EVER make it to tier 5.

Do you understand that concept - they made it so that small fleets would NEVER make it to tier 5.

Personally I am against the idea of gating content behind something requiring a large membership - and many of my past threads warned of these very problems - even before starbases launched. The solution to the gated content is easy to fix. Once X amount of fleets reach tier 5 - then they make a "general" starbase that people with FC/Dilth/EC/Modules can go to have access to the gear. They would need to make it cost more to make it dair to those who completed tier 5 - but the content would become avail to everyone.
Captain
# 28
Quote:
Smaller fleets undeniably were hurt by the resource costs in the first place, and the "intent" of the fleet base project is irrelevant to this fact. The quickie foundry missions were one viable way of compensating for this flaw in the game design. Not everyone has the ability or the desire to be part of a larger fleet, so the "find a big fleet" recommendation might as well be "I've got no answer, so here's a mindless knee jerk," for all it's useless smugness.
Captain
# 29
11-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Just means some missions will get a quick re-write, doesn't mean the one-clicks are gone.
Really - guess you did not read the part about missions that are counted toward the offier daily report - must be "approved" by Cryptic.
Captain
# 30
11-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Really - guess you did not read the part about missions that are counted toward the offier daily report - must be "approved" by Cryptic.
Where does it say anything about approval from cryptic ?

Quote:
Foundry:

* Updated the requirements for the Investigate Officer Reports (Foundry) Daily.
o Now, only projects that normally reward XP and EC will count towards completion.
o The Foundry mission description will now indicate when it will not count towards the Foundry mission daily.
* Foundry: Resolved an issue that prevented the use of custom costumes.
* Re-resolved the issue that prevented interacting with objects and contacts through forcefields and other similar objects.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf