Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Commander
# 41
11-09-2012, 08:35 AM
I need a PC for my work so I got one from my boss;-)

I don't need a PC for gaming but I wanted to play PC games. So I cashed something like 1250euro for a midrange setup. And I don't complain about the price.

If you want it , pay for it. Price to high or quality to low. Keep the money and hope for a better offer. X3 has some incredible ships , skins and mods.
Captain
# 42
11-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
Stop playing the game if it is so awful. Or don't play it so much if there aren't enough different missions.

And you don't need a new ship. All content can be done with the free ships. The P2W consoles are only in PVP overpowered. And PVP here is a joke.

And if you really want something new and shiny for it... grab another game for 10euro on a Steam sale ;-)

I don't complain that they cash on the stupidity of their player base. I just wish I would own a game like STO :-P
you obviosly never played Pvp.C store consoles in pvp are like rainbow ships in pve.

removing that daily will only stop my small fleet (4 people) from trying to get to tier 4.It wont change anything ...only remove the fleet goal which can be bad and in a way good at the same time.
Lieutenant
# 43
11-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I think the exploit is having that many alts, since only a couple can be actually played during a day. Obviously the high number of alts are there simply to farm.
Alts that use character slots that were paid for. And smart people utilized them to overcome bad game design to continue enjoying the game while minimizing a soul crushing grind. Now that that option is gone, all that's left is the grind.

Well played Cryptic. Hope you've got Korean and Chinese ports of STO in the works.
Captain
# 44
11-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Oh well, the foundery is dead meat. No reward, no play, simple.

Good bye casual players, may your Zen go with you.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Captain
# 45
11-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by izdubar6 View Post
Alts that use character slots that were paid for. And smart people utilized them to overcome bad game design to continue enjoying the game while minimizing a soul crushing grind. Now that that option is gone, all that's left is the grind.

Well played Cryptic. Hope you've got Korean and Chinese ports of STO in the works.
In many of the biggest Asian mmos that are played in Asian you have to pay by the min for the pleasure of grinding!

I don't think STO is anywhere near that bad.
Captain
# 46
11-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
Oh well, the foundery is dead meat. No reward, no play, simple.

Good bye casual players, may your Zen go with you.
Again total BS - the officer daily report from all indications will still be able to be completed in 10 min or so?

What other thing in the game gives you 1440 dilth in 10 min? - it's still going to be one of the best sources.

so it goes from 2 min to 10 min - boo hoo
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
11-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Again total BS - the officer daily report from all indications will still be able to be completed in 10 min or so?

What other thing in the game gives you 1440 dilth in 10 min? - it's still going to be one of the best sources.

so it goes from 2 min to 10 min - boo hoo
Traelus System... Save the Deferi...
Captain
# 48
11-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by izdubar6 View Post

Bad game design is allowing all those alts to get gear drops that are account bound. Maybe ALL gear should be toon bound to keep all those alts from scoring gear that finds its way onto one toon.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 49
11-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Traelus System... Save the Deferi...
Alpha and beta sorte- 980 dilith each in about 15 minutes.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Survivor of Romulus
# 50
11-09-2012, 09:07 AM
This will not kill the Foundry. We don't know what the requirements are, hence my other thread, but this looks like a move toward rewarding players for playing the best of the Foundry, which is the story missions, the ones we put a lot time into and pour our hearts and souls into.

I admit I've done the one-click missions plenty, I like easy dilithium as much as the next person even if i don't care all that much about the things that can be obtained by grinding. If you were the kind of person who only did those, who wouldn't touch the rest of it, then you weren't playing the rest anyway, and those of us who are authors of long story missions are not losing your "business." We never had it to begin with.

If you were the type of person to go play our longer story-driven missions, you're hopefully going to be rewarded the same as before. So we aren't losing your business either.

If you were the type of person would readily do the longer missions, but needed an incentive to do so, well fan-dab-tastic, now you got it... probably. We might now get your business.

Win-win for long-story driven mission authors.

Just my two strips of latinum. Plenty of other valid points and opinions.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.