Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Career Officer
# 61
11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd never spend 10 mins in the foundry for 1440 dil when I have the chance to hit up B'Tran for 2880 in about 10 mins as well, back to back B'Tran is even more efficient at 5660 dil in 20-25 mins
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
No that was never the case as far as I am aware - the 7 month thing was the min amount of time that any fleet could complete the base given the Cooldown timers. They said right from the start that some small fleets would take years - IF they got that far. And the system was designed so that only the biggest fleets would EVER make it to tier 5.

Do you understand that concept - they made it so that small fleets would NEVER make it to tier 5.

Personally I am against the idea of gating content behind something requiring a large membership - and many of my past threads warned of these very problems - even before starbases launched. The solution to the gated content is easy to fix. Once X amount of fleets reach tier 5 - then they make a "general" starbase that people with FC/Dilth/EC/Modules can go to have access to the gear. They would need to make it cost more to make it dair to those who completed tier 5 - but the content would become avail to everyone.
The seven month thing only refers to the completion timers, not a soul crushing grind for smaller fleets.

They are already easing up on the requirements because a large portion of the player base is not in a large fleet and pissing off a large portion of the players is bad.
Commander
# 63
11-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
I'd never spend 10 mins in the foundry for 1440 dil when I have the chance to hit up B'Tran for 2880 in about 10 mins as well, back to back B'Tran is even more efficient at 5660 dil in 20-25 mins
Shh, don't give them ideas of what to cut next.
Career Officer
# 64
11-09-2012, 11:18 AM
I just wonder if missions could be edited after they are "approved" by Cryptic?
Because there is nothing to prevent someone making a real mission to pass by the Cryptic cops then editing it down to a clicky mission.
Starfleet Veteran
# 65
11-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
This will not kill the Foundry. We don't know what the requirements are, hence my other thread, but this looks like a move toward rewarding players for playing the best of the Foundry, which is the story missions, the ones we put a lot time into and pour our hearts and souls into.

I admit I've done the one-click missions plenty, I like easy dilithium as much as the next person even if i don't care all that much about the things that can be obtained by grinding. If you were the kind of person who only did those, who wouldn't touch the rest of it, then you weren't playing the rest anyway, and those of us who are authors of long story missions are not losing your "business." We never had it to begin with.

If you were the type of person to go play our longer story-driven missions, you're hopefully going to be rewarded the same as before. So we aren't losing your business either.

If you were the type of person would readily do the longer missions, but needed an incentive to do so, well fan-dab-tastic, now you got it... probably. We might now get your business.

Win-win for long-story driven mission authors.

Just my two strips of latinum. Plenty of other valid points and opinions.
If people really cared about the Foundry missons then people would be playing them but they aren't , so basically your losing lots of business in the end due to the small minority whining why noone plays their missons....
Captain
# 66
11-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Deleted. I cant be arsed to argue the toss...
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...

Last edited by rustiswordz; 11-09-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 67
11-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I think the exploit is having that many alts, since only a couple can be actually played during a day. Obviously the high number of alts are there simply to farm.

I know someone with over 120 alts, he has a problem and he knows it
Rihannsu
# 68
11-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I just wonder if missions could be edited after they are "approved" by Cryptic?
Because there is nothing to prevent someone making a real mission to pass by the Cryptic cops then editing it down to a clicky mission.
That's not how featuring works. Once you submit for featuring you can't edit it anymore.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 69
11-09-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't like the change. I've never seen a foundry mission give EC, and I don't remember any exp being given in any of the Foundry missions's I've played and that includes the ones that have a lot of combat. These days I only have enough time to log-in to each of my characters, cycle doff assignments, a couple other MINOR things, and then head to bed. Going from being able to do the quickie missions to having to deal with a set of missions that takes 10 min per character? That'll add at least an hour to my required play time if I refuse to give up the officer reports daily. I just love how Cryptic keeps finding ways to punish the casual player who has little time to play and can only do something substantial on one character if all their other characters are ignored.
Commander
# 70
11-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwoo View Post
Shh, don't give them ideas of what to cut next.
Too late. Check the latest patch notes. Chart the B'tran cluster at VA no longer awards dilithium.