Lt. Commander
# 1 Anyone else have this problem
11-08-2012, 09:26 PM
So I took a chance today and got zen from perfect world, by way of google, sense the default transaction middle person on there site had legislation passed against them in my state. In doing this no one said a 3 buck tax would be taken out of my account after my 10 buck zen purchase. To make it stranger they took one buck out, then they took one more buck out, and then they took one last buck out. If this is legit then I shouldn't have a problem but I wake tomorrow and find out this was not legit. Or more money was taken out of my account by pw there will be hell to pay.

I love star trek but pw is more and more looking like crooks. If there was a tax it should been added as a whole.

So anyone else have this experience with zen purchasing like this?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Never had this problem, but local taxes are always extra as this changes from country to country.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I would like to believe its taxes, but its a odd way to tax something. I do not know ill call my bank tomorrow and get the details on those charges. I know they are from perfect world, but I do not know why. I guess ill have to wait to find out for sure.
Lieutenant
# 4 wtf?
11-08-2012, 10:47 PM
That doesn't sound like any 'tax' I've heard of in the United States.
If you are indeed from the USA, what state are you in?
Certain online purchases of goods or services are indeed taxed, however Zen purchases shouldn't be taxed at all (since it counts as a 'gift card' which is tax-exempt by federal statue).

The rules are a bit odd but I would talk to someone at your bank about it. The manager of your local bank branch should be intimately familiar with nearly every aspect of the US Tax code pertaining to online purchases, as it is something that banks deal with on a daily basis.

A $3 charge on $10 is a 30% tax. There is no 30% tax anywhere that I can tell (aside from the federal tax rate). But there is no federal sales tax, its only local state sales tax.

Talk to your bank and resolve it, asap. Then never buy Zen from that merchant again.
Random speculation on my part but they may have been doing the $1 'test' transaction (that will be refunded later) to make sure it is a valid account and not a prepaid credit card that you're using (which they loathe).
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Endafresh you were right. From what my bank said they were testing my account, but if the money is not returned by Wednesday Perfect world is going to be dealing with my bank. This would not have been a big deal if they had put a notice up about this somewhere. This one bad way to run company. Things were so much safer, and secure with the c store, when it was in cryptics hands.