Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
Well beyond a marketing decision to push us to open more lockboxes?
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-08-2012, 11:58 PM
You could create multiple toons and play that mission where you are given free lockbox and hacked key, move the lobi to your main, delete the toons and repeat.

Easily fixed by removing the mission altogether.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 3
11-09-2012, 12:06 AM
I have everything that I want from the Lobi Store on my toon that has 96 Lobi Crystals, however I do want some Lobi items for my other toons. If I could transfer the Lobi to one of those toons I would be more inclined to open more boxes since I would already have a head start. As it stands, it's just not really worth it for me to start from scratch to build of the Lobi for another toon.
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
You could create multiple toons and play that mission where you are given free lockbox and hacked key, move the lobi to your main, delete the toons and repeat.

Easily fixed by removing the mission altogether.
I agree, there really is no need for lobi crystals to be per character. The mission itself is a joke and akin to promoting the lobi store only. They should remove that so called exploitable mission.

The mission is pointless anyway, something that can be easily removed.
Captain
# 5
11-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
Well beyond a marketing decision to push us to open more lockboxes?
No there isn't. Anybody who tells you something else lies.
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Isn't the stuff from the lobi "store" packed in crates and therefore transferable?

I did this only yesterday when i decided that i no longer wanted my lv 50 toon, i bought a Klingon Chariot pet and was able to mail (unpacked) that one to my new character!
Captain
# 7
11-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik68 View Post
Isn't the stuff from the lobi "store" packed in crates and therefore transferable?

I did this only yesterday when i decided that i no longer wanted my lv 50 toon, i bought a Klingon Chariot pet and was able to mail (unpacked) that one to my new character!

Some is, some isn't. Clothes, ships, and maybe a few other things are in packs; consoles, weapons, etc are not.
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-09-2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Some is, some isn't. Clothes, ships, and maybe a few other things are in packs; consoles, weapons, etc are not.
Ah that explains it, thank you!
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Maybe they view that as an exploit as well - think about it, I have tons of crystals, I buy the stuff, sell it on the exchange for EC, whalla - I just prevented an indivdiual from actually spending money on keys for boxes, for lobi.

Though that too is flawed since most buy ships via EC.
Captain
# 10
11-09-2012, 03:21 AM
The free lobi mission is good from Accounting's perspective since it introduces players to a way they might be persuaded to spend money on the game. Instead of removing it entirely, a better alternative is to simply make it give a character bound lobi while normal lobi gotten from opening other boxes is not character bound.