Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
11-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Something else if i may?

I have heard that some missions have a "hidden" stash 'o said crystals, i have had no luck (yet) finding out where though!
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik68 View Post
Something else if i may?

I have heard that some missions have a "hidden" stash 'o said crystals, i have had no luck (yet) finding out where though!
They are known as the now mythical FE replay missions - I am still waiting for the replays, I need some FE end game exclusive items.
Career Officer
# 13
11-09-2012, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik68 View Post
Something else if i may?

Yes, but only when cryptic turns the event on.
Captain
# 14
11-09-2012, 12:30 PM
I think Lobi could work as Account Bound, as maybe you got a few shy on one character and have some on another that isn't anywhere near enough to get something other than a consumable. I'm kinda in that boat.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Rihannsu
# 15
11-09-2012, 12:36 PM
so you have to spend cash on the character where you need a KDF skirt for 150 lobis and cannot use the 12, 25 or 4 lobis you have on an alt, where you have opened a few lockboxes 5 months ago..

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 16
11-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Pretty much, except its for a 50 Lobi weapon for a Fed, and I got 40 something on that character..
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
11-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
The free lobi mission is good from Accounting's perspective since it introduces players to a way they might be persuaded to spend money on the game. Instead of removing it entirely, a better alternative is to simply make it give a character bound lobi while normal lobi gotten from opening other boxes is not character bound.
Totally agree with this
Rihannsu
# 18
11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
Well beyond a marketing decision to push us to open more lockboxes?
The sole purpose of making us spend more money. If we want some of the lobi items for each toon, but that item is BTC on aquire, then we have to shell out the money to open the lottery scheme boxes on each character until we have obtained enough lobi on each character. They are no longer about making money for the company through means that are fun for the players. It is now cut throat suck you dry tactics.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Career Officer
# 19
11-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
The sole purpose of making us spend more money. If we want some of the lobi items for each toon, but that item is BTC on aquire, then we have to shell out the money to open the lottery scheme boxes on each character until we have obtained enough lobi on each character. They are no longer about making money for the company through means that are fun for the players. It is now cut throat suck you dry tactics.
Honestly I already knew this was true when I asked the question. It's the same reason most of the stuff purchased with the crystals is bind on acquire.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Wait. Sorry for the noob question, but what mission gives lobi crystals?