Career Officer
# 1 Desires come Season 10
11-09-2012, 04:58 AM
Season 7 will be released in the coming weeks, each of the previously released seasons seem to have had a gap of between three and six months; season 6 having been released back in July, we'll have season 7 within 5 (or 6) months depending on delay.

I've no doubt that there are already internal discussions going on surrounding season 8, hopefully a lot of that talk is excluding the Federation (cause frankly, we've got enough for them for the time being).

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to realistically detail everything we would want to see in the game once we get into Season 10 (this can include Season 10 content too).

##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### ##### #####

By Season 10 I would like, most importantly, to see the full development of both the Klingon Defence Force and a fully playable (level 1 through to level 50+) faction for the Romulan Empire (or whatever name you'd give to a rebuilding Romulan-centered faction). This should include a fully fledged fleet (a minimum of 9 ships per tier; three ships per skill choice), a unique featured campaign for each faction (some of the Klingon missions are currently Federation copies/edits; these need to be removed/reworked so that they stand alone), fully accessible social zones along with unique STF, PvP & PvE content.

As mentioned above, I'd hope that Season 8 will at least focus on getting the Klingon Faction up to speed, then Season 9 could focus primarily on a playable Romulan Faction with Season 10 being the next universal update with new missions, ships and features for all.

Season 8 hopes for the KDF would be more (overdue) hair styles for KDF warriors, better attire customisation for KDF clothing, more starship customisation (a lot of the current designs are limited), and a couple of new races to choose from (Talarians as example). Wouldn't hurt to throw in more (M'Ress-style) hair for Caitian and Ferasan choices too, outside of the Z-Store.

Season 9, again as stated; Romulans. You've got the Romulans, you'll have the Reman too. I could personally see the Suliban and Vaadwaur being implemented as allies, as with (to a certain extent) the Son'a.

I'm aware that the development team doesn't exist just to work on new races, and I'm not suggesting that seasons 8 & 9 focus only on the above two mentioned factions, what I am saying is that they should be the main focus. You'll obviously have other featured episodes to play with (one that rewards with a Cardassian Boff would be nice (hint hint)), and more stories to tell.

More for Season 8 (seeing as there is less work faction wise as we've already got half a Klingon one); Unique Bridge Officers, specifically Breen, Jem Hadar and Reman ~ a little user customisation would go a long way to making a lot of people happy. Doesn't need to be a great deal, just some. Maybe give us 10 templates to choose from in regards to appearance or something then a unique attire or three to match? Just some variation so we're not all running around with identical Boffs.

Anyway, that's it from me, for now. I'd ask other people throw their wishes in here too, though would ask that you remember this is specifically up to season 10. Anything you might think wont get covered before season 10 (a playable Tholian faction) there isn't any point in mentioning, cause it wont be a realistic goal.
Captain
# 2
11-09-2012, 05:00 AM
Inb4 disparaging lockbox comment.

OK, things I'd want...

I'd want an exchange that only lets you pick up an item from the place it was listed (you can still buy from Tuffli/D'kora/Azura/Vov'wI, but you'll need to actually collect it), thus making a few major trade hubs, but also the chance of getting a bargain if you can be bothered to fetch the items from somewhere out of the way.

I'd want a check-box you can turn on and off at will, and if you turn it on you're flagged as open for PvP at any time by anyone clicking on your ship of the opposing faction(s). If you're in a ship, space combat. On foot, ground combat. Anyone in your team will join with you, and the same for the aggressor.

Also, I'd want an instanced room on the fleet starbase that I can decorate to my own personal tastes. Operating in a similar principle to bridges, ie people can be invited, but with much more customisation and the added bonus of the rest of my fleet's personnel being just the other side of the door for a chat.

I also think that EVERY non-unique item* in the game should be craftable from NON-CONSUMED-ON-USE schematics/blueprints. I'd maybe limit crafted stuff to 2 hand-picked modifiers though, so the NPC [Acc]x3 drop is still worth a chunk of EC.

*weapons, armour, shields, devices etc, the only exception being STF-gear and the like.

Last edited by dma1986; 11-09-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
11-09-2012, 05:40 AM
I'd like to see:

1: If it hadn't already occurred, further development regarding the Iconians.

2: Players quit whining about lockboxes (though I doubt that'll EVER happen). They make Cryptic/PWE money. They're here to stay. Live with it.

3: Less Borg. They have been done to death. They're overused, overrated and have become a boring cliche. I very much hope that one of the seasons before season 10 brings them to a conclusion, as they stopped being interesting a LONG time ago. The Tholians are much more interesting. And, as per point one, the Iconians would be too, if they received any attention.

4: More Klingon content - but this needs to happen sooner rather than later. They have received rather less attention than they deserve, to say the least, to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 4
11-09-2012, 05:45 AM
I desire to see bridge modules: console and boff layouts dependent on which bridge module you install on your ship.
Rihannsu
# 5
11-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Season 7 will be released in the coming weeks, each of the previously released seasons seem to have had a gap of between three and six months; season 6 having been released back in July, we'll have season 7 within 5 (or 6) months depending on delay.

I've no doubt that there are already internal discussions going on surrounding season 8, hopefully a lot of that talk is excluding the Federation (cause frankly, we've got enough for them for the time being).

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to realistically detail everything we would want to see in the game once we get into Season 10 (this can include Season 10 content too).

By Season 10 I would like, most importantly, to see the full development of both the Klingon Defence Force and a fully playable (level 1 through to level 50+) faction for the Romulan Empire (or whatever name you'd give to a rebuilding Romulan-centered faction). This should include a fully fledged fleet (a minimum of 9 ships per tier; three ships per skill choice), a unique featured campaign for each faction (some of the Klingon missions are currently Federation copies/edits; these need to be removed/reworked so that they stand alone), fully accessible social zones along with unique STF, PvP & PvE content.

As mentioned above, I'd hope that Season 8 will at least focus on getting the Klingon Faction up to speed, then Season 9 could focus primarily on a playable Romulan Faction with Season 10 being the next universal update with new missions, ships and features for all.

Season 8 hopes for the KDF would be more (overdue) hair styles for KDF warriors, better attire customisation for KDF clothing, more starship customisation (a lot of the current designs are limited), and a couple of new races to choose from (Talarians as example). Wouldn't hurt to throw in more (M'Ress-style) hair for Caitian and Ferasan choices too, outside of the Z-Store.

Season 9, again as stated; Romulans. You've got the Romulans, you'll have the Reman too. I could personally see the Suliban and Vaadwaur being implemented as allies, as with (to a certain extent) the Son'a.

I'm aware that the development team doesn't exist just to work on new races, and I'm not suggesting that seasons 8 & 9 focus only on the above two mentioned factions, what I am saying is that they should be the main focus. You'll obviously have other featured episodes to play with (one that rewards with a Cardassian Boff would be nice (hint hint)), and more stories to tell.

More for Season 8 (seeing as there is less work faction wise as we've already got half a Klingon one); Unique Bridge Officers, specifically Breen, Jem Hadar and Reman ~ a little user customisation would go a long way to making a lot of people happy. Doesn't need to be a great deal, just some. Maybe give us 10 templates to choose from in regards to appearance or something then a unique attire or three to match? Just some variation so we're not all running around with identical Boffs.

Anyway, that's it from me, for now. I'd ask other people throw their wishes in here too, though would ask that you remember this is specifically up to season 10. Anything you might think wont get covered before season 10 (a playable Tholian faction) there isn't any point in mentioning, cause it wont be a realistic goal.
agreed from top to bottom
Commander
# 6
11-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:

That would be great
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Romulan Faction out of D'Tan's new Romulans, who unify all of the Romulan people... or at least the majority (offshoots and splinter group races are a Trek and Science Ficton trope, after all).

Preferably by season 8 already.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584

Last edited by sophlogimo; 11-09-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
11-09-2012, 09:17 AM
By Season 10 the xp system will be removed and the reputation system will be expanded to include the Federation and Klingon Defense Forces in order to provide consistency. Mission marks will be awarded based on completion of successful missions and a special mission will have to be run in order to advance through the ranks. Mission marks and dilithium will also be needed in order to run the special mission to commission a ship from the space dock. You will also be able to unlock access to new sectors allowing you to find new patrol missions. In some sectors you will get special consumables you can use to run special projects to unlock a store for new space sets such as the Jem'hadar set. At level 8 a project can be run to gain control of junior officers who you can send on special missions to gain influence with various departments (we will call it a doff system).

This is all done to provide the MAXIMUM customization options for your character, as you can run new missions to unlock special rank titles and costume options for your uniform allowing you to remain at the rank of your choice if you choose or to be able to advance to Vice Admiral.

The Defari reputation system will include a special access to dailies awarding dilithium and a store featuring a special Breen styled Space set.

Mission rewards from the current Featured episodes will all have gone and be shifted into a reputation system so anything of blue quality or higher will have to be bought with dilithium, as per the current Reman shield.

Realistically by season 10 the game will be totally different to the game as it existed at season 4 except the KDF ship line up is still in its currently reduced state. The idea of a subscription differences between a F2P and a subscriber will have long since been eradicated.

Last edited by dirlettia; 11-09-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
11-09-2012, 10:04 AM
i would like to see more stf type missions maybe with the other races in the game. allso more kdf stuff and playable romulans i play fed n kdf.
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:

Agree. But... i believe that Cryptic/pwe need develop full KDF side before other race/faction
Expand, or die.
Support: Ferengi cross faction!!