Lt. Commander
# 21
11-10-2012, 04:52 PM
With all the unhappy people about season 7 already, what makes you think this game will be around for season 10? I think you are getting way to far ahead of yourself there.
Survivor of Remus
# 22
11-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Agreed with the OP throughout.

I would add that I would like to see the Hirogen join the Romulan faction.

Since the former Romulan government let them hunt in Romulan space, I'm sure they'd be able to work something out with the new government. It would add a good amount of variety to the faction I think.
Career Officer
# 23
11-12-2012, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonner View Post
With all the unhappy people about season 7 already, what makes you think this game will be around for season 10? I think you are getting way to far ahead of yourself there.
I agree, I am far too optimistic right now. I don't honestly think STO will continue through till Season 10; the playerbase will have dropped significantly between now and then (especially with SWTOR going F2P later this week). SWTOR has a heck of a lot more financing going into it than STO does, and it'll no doubt be a better overall experience, and I doubt the developers will be money-focused unlike the STO team are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
I would add that I would like to see the Hirogen join the Romulan faction.
I did think about them, but then the Hirogen are few and they've only one actual purpose in their life; that is, to hunt.

If they'd include the Hirogen at all, it should be as a one-time Zen Purchase, thus allowing you to have a maximum of one Hunter in your crew. Any more and it just wouldn't seem plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
Since the former Romulan government let them hunt in Romulan space, I'm sure they'd be able to work something out with the new government. It would add a good amount of variety to the faction I think.
The Romulan Government didn't let them hunt, it was Sela that granted them that status, and she's currently disappeared. It stands to reason that whatever agreement was made between Sela and the Hirogen fell through once she vanished. I can't see other Romulan states allowing the agreement to continue.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-12-2012, 08:08 AM
TOR's F2P system is a joke. If people are playing a scifi game just to play Scifi go play EVE.

I myself? I'm uninstalling Tribes and Global Agenda to make room for GW2.
Career Officer
# 25
11-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw51825 View Post
TOR's F2P system is a joke.
Considering TOR's F2P hasn't been released yet, how do you know whether it's a joke or not?

Better still, could you elaborate (using STO as a comparison) as to why TOR's F2P is a joke?
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypticarmsman
I have a feeling if Star Wars the Old Republic (aka SWToR) WASN'T launching its F2P version on Thursday, 11/15/12 (which it in fact is); I think we would be seeing Season 7 launch on a Thursday; but obviously, they want to have a chance to make their own 'splash' for a couple of days before the media explodes with "SWToR is now F2P..."

(Although seriously, if you want to see a REAL 'money-grubbing F2P implementation, look no further than SWToR's as:

- There's NO WAY to earn their store currency (called Cartel Coins) in game at all.

- They are charging non-subscribers for UI elements (you get two hatbars for your powers in game. Want/need more - which you will around Level 30 - pay for it.

- Did you have a piece you Purple or Orange gear drop and you want to use it? You need to pay for a license to do so, PER PIECE.

- There's even more, but the list would get long. They should term is Free to Play, a more accurate term would be 'Free to Pay'.)

^^^
Yeah, I was going to log in and finish the storylines on my Alts that I hadn't gotten to 50 before unsubbing last April; but after looking over the F2P matrix, I figured why bother?
Thiiis should explain he made this post in another thread.,
Career Officer
# 27
11-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw51825 View Post
Thiiis should explain he made this post in another thread.,
Gratitude for posting his quote, it helps with the explanation, and it would seem I stand corrected in that TOR isn't quite going to be as free as people might like to think; if they wish to play it at least.

That being said, if you compare a gold membership of TOR and STO, I'd expect TOR would easily come out on top as the better, more fulfilled game. Least, the way STO is going with Season 7 (and it's dilithium reduction), come Season 8 it'll probably be near impossible to gain access to STO Zen Currency save paying for it.

Edit: Maybe 'F2P' is becoming a thing of the past, and is instead acting as more of an extended Demo.
Lieutenant
# 28
11-12-2012, 01:14 PM
A a lot of stuff terror dome needs to be put on que.

Dump the crystal entity.

Delfar needs a boost nothing but green crap at the craft vendors.

Finsh the delfar planet map so we can buy rare weapon equip. right now all you can buy is squids for cryo tribbles.

Fix the Tholan fleet que all the missons give you is enviromental suits and a few sonic weapons.

How about a end game?

What happend to weekly missions someone dropped the soap on that one.

New Red alerts need to be made.

This is the typical lazyness of cryptic that we hoped Perfect World would fix now its all about sucking up your real cash with drop boxes.
Ensign
# 29
11-13-2012, 01:18 PM
One thing I've wanted since the beginning is a synergy bonus with BOFFs.
I've pretty much had the same BOFFs since I started and after hours customizing them and gearing them up they still feel disposable. How many times did we see Picard glance at one of his officers and they knew what he was thinking. I think that we should get a bonus from each BOFF based on the time they've been employed by your captain

Anyone else?
Career Officer
# 30
11-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooshie1 View Post
I've pretty much had the same BOFFs since I started and after hours customizing them and gearing them up they still feel disposable. How many times did we see Picard glance at one of his officers and they knew what he was thinking. I think that we should get a bonus from each BOFF based on the time they've been employed by your captain

Anyone else?
It would be a good thing to have, though at the moment, I'll settle for reduced Dilithium Costs.